“Delicious Mediterranean Food”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 2nd Street
Description: Closed!
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We selected this restaurant based on reading prior reviews and agree with the excellent ratings. The waiters were most pleasant and helpful in making suggestions. All four in our group enjoyed our food selections. We started by sharing an appetizer of zucchini pancakes which were tasty and crisp and served with an accompanying yoghurt sauce. For the main course, we had lamb kabob, ground lamb kabob, eggplant stuffed with ground lamb, and a saute of lamb with vegetables. The portions were ample and the dishes seasoned tastefully. The waiter suggested baklava for dessert - it was wonderful. This was the best Meditteranean food we have eaten in South Florida. The service was good; after finishing, we were not rushed to leave. We did arrive early for dinner (before 5:00) on a week night.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Reservation not effective, had to wait for table. Service slow, check your bill!
Portions smaller than last visit. Seated near front door so outside heat made our table way too hot!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Any restaurant experience can be exceptional when you are an invited guest. After looking at the menu prices afterwards, I realized how affordable this lunch was. The price was affordable and the quality of the food exceeded my expectations. From the Turkish red wine and all through the meal and dessert, this four course lunch was incredibly tasty. Although I prefer Cuban coffee or Italian espresso, Turkish coffee was pretty good also.
I definitely would drive again from Miami Lakes to lunch there again.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

service was friendly but slow. I think there just weren't enough waits for the number of people.

let the waiter help us pick items and it was a great success. eggplant with ground lamb especially good. best baklava I've ever had (and I've had a lot!)

will go again

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stopped here the other night on the way to Miami and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. The service was also great. Parking is behind the building, which faces US-1. There was plenty of parking available. I had a delicious dinner of ground lamb kafta. It was very tasty, the rice was delicious and the wine was good too.