“One of the Top Resorts in the United States”

Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Do get a room on the ocean side, it makes such a difference.

It is one of those "gated" places.

Expect $20/day "resort" fee. And ~$26/day parking (but valet service great).
18% service charge added to all food automatically.

Get a umbrella chair table set up at beach for the $65/day or ~$30/half day, if your budget allows.

Nice breakfast buffet. Excellent fish restaurant in evening.

Extremely attentive pool and beach service. (Thank you Matt and Tony.)

Escellent housekeeping and turndown service.

Fantastic attentive restaurant service.

One downer: terrible "Club" music at restaurant and at pool, by personal choice of present hotel manager, who is otherwise doing a fantastic job of making this a definite destination resort. Many guests notice and complain, to no avail. On Lennon's 70th birthday we had to listen to the click track industrial music selections that even made elevator music attractive.

Nevertheless, we will be returning. We really enjoyed our third visit. This is the model of a FIVE STAR experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarshBruce

Reviewed October 13, 2010

We stayed here in July, it was wonderful. The rooms were spotless, the staff was friendly and helpful. The shuttle service was really great, it seemed every time we stepped foot out of the hotel there was the bus to take us to the other resort. The restaurants were costly but worth it, some of the best meals ever. We really enjoyed the fact that they have an adult pool. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation this is it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beachbaby6561
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Stayed here two nights in September. This resort is newly renovated and have a very luxurious feel. Our room was huge and clean, and the bathroom was just fantastic. Go for the ocean view – it costs extra, but is worth it. Though there was no balcony (only a few of the rooms at resort has this), the room had a french window that one could open.

The pool area was nice, with three separate pools. At times it could be a bit crowded there, especially when the beach is flagged yellow or red (it was rip tides when we were there, so most people were at the pool).

Breakfast was okay. There were not so many tables that one could expect, so the staff was running around serving/cleaning as quick as they could. Had the continental breakfast both days, so I do not know how the hot breakfast was. Love that they has a lot of fruit selection and healthy cereals!

The staff at front desk was impeccable, and valet very efficient. At the Sunday breakfast I mumbled something about «it would had been nice to have the NY Times», and the newspaper suddenly appeared at our table – even though they seemed to had run out of papers. A very nice touch.

This hotel is very close to getting a five star rating from me. But a few negative things must be mentioned:

- Firstly, the staff at the beach was unattentive and downright rude at one time. When I asked for towels and maybe a chair, the three guys in the beach both hardly took the time to look from their Iphones. They just nodded towards a pile of towels, wanting me to take care of it myself. The beach area was all in all a bit chaotic, with used chairs and towels scattered around. Its obvious that the beach staff did not do their work as they should, considering how tidy and great the inside of the resort is.

- Secondly, the lunch at the beach cafe/bar was average at best. When you pay almost 20 dollar for a Cobb salad, one should expect more than three half shrimps, an egg and lettuce. Gave them a second chance the day after, but was let down again. Just not good enough for a resort who prides themselves in being a culinary haven.

- Thirdly, although the room was great, the lack of soft lock mechanism at the door is irritating. It is virtually impossible to close the door silently, and waking up at 6am because your neighbor is leaving his room for work is not thrilling on a holiday.

- Finally, the fitness center (that they seem to be proud of) was quite disappointing. The girl who worked was uninterested in providing headphones and towel when I showed up, and I had to search for it myself. No water bottles were provided, only small paper cups, which is rather hopeless to use during a session on the treadmill.

All in all a nice beach resort, located directly at the beach. Go here if you can get a good rate. Try to avoid peak season and/or weekends, and eat lunch outside the resort area!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jens h
Reviewed September 13, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed a three night stay at this trendy hotel located on the beach. We had a room facing the ocean. A palm tree partially blocked our view of the ocean, but that wasn't a big issue.

We had very good service, which is good, due to the automatic gratuity that we were charged. We especially enjoyed the pool bar area. Only problem we had was an incorrect charge on one of our bills for a round of cocktails, but it was fixed in a timely fashion.

Overall, we would recommed the hotel and would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I stayed at The Boca Beach Club just about a week ago for a quick ‘end of summer’ trip. A few summers ago we stayed at The Breakers in Palm Beach (just a few miles north). Although we had a good time, we found the hotel to be a little stuffy for out taste. Due to the fact it was the off season, the rates at the Boca Beach Club were surprisingly cheap. We booked 2 adjoining mariner rooms. These rooms were not the cheapest lobby level rooms, but instead were said to have a canal view and a partial ocean view. Upon arrival (after passing the resort 3 times), friendly staff were there to greet us and take our luggage up to our rooms. Upon entering the bright and airy lobby, you can tell this place is a lot more inviting than The Breakers. Greeted by an unobstructed view of the Atlantic Ocean, The Boca Beach Club is a true beach resort, giving you the illusion that the hotel is right on top of the water.

The minute the staff opens the door to your room, you are greeted by the overwhelming natural light that shines in almost every part of the resort. Unfortunately, the so called ‘canal view’ is really a view of trucks, a loading dock (right below us), and a parking lot. However way off in the distance there is a canal, and if you really strain your neck you can see the ocean. So the description of the mariner room is a little deceiving. If I were to book the rooms again, I would have paid the extra money for an ocean view. However, the quality of the rooms offsets the disappointing views. I really liked the way the rooms joined together. Instead of having a door in between the rooms, they were joined by a main door that lead to a corridor, making the space feel more open. The rooms had plush white bedding, tasteful décor, and sparkling bathrooms with marble counters and a spacious rainfall shower. Everyone slept really well on the soft pillow-top beds with down pillows. Even though I found the rooms fresh, airy and comfortable, I can see how some people said the rooms were a bit sterile. Even though there was an accent wall behind the bed, every other wall was just plain white. The rooms could have used a little more color. Another negative of the rooms is there are no locks on the bathroom doors (just a sliding door and a frosted door to the shower-room). I can see why couple would not mind it, but if you are traveling with a family, certain members of the family might want a little more privacy. In terms of cleanliness, the room initially seemed really clean. But later on we discovered dark spots on one of the pillows on the couch and a big yellow stain on the curtains. I understand stains are hard to remove, but when you are staying at a resort this nice, it should feel like nobody ever stayed in the room before you.

There were three pools at the resort: an adult pool, a family pool (avoid at all costs), and a really shallow pool near the condos. I would suggest that if you do not want to be bothered by screaming kids, go to the adult pool. Overall, the pools were pretty clean and the chairs by the pool were really comfortable. The problem: Be aware when you are walking between the pools. There is some kind of sewage vent near the ocean bar and every once and a while a noxious smell will hit you in the face. This wasn’t a huge issue, because it would only happen once and a while, but the resort should really do something about that. Another negative is the pools were only open from dawn to dusk. However this was a really a shame because, not only was the area well lit at night, but the pools were too. But people still swam at night and no one really seemed to care. The beach was impressive. Not only was the sand really clean, but the ocean was free of seaweed. It looks like the resort does a lot to try to keep the beach clean.

Initially the cost of the rooms per night sounded pretty affordable. But once I booked it online, I realized there was an extra $20 resort fee per night. At first, it seemed a little deceiving, but then I thought it might be a good thing. Perhaps it would include tips and various other costs that we would encounter along the way. Unfortunately, the resort fee really did not cover anything. Tips were not included for anything (valet parking, housekeeping, restaurants in the resort). It really is a shame, because the whole vacation, you have to worry about who to tip and who not to tip. Not only are tips not included, but there were also many other costs that were not included such as the umbrellas on the beach. If you want an umbrella, it costs and additional $20. Initially no one even dared to go near the wet bar. But when we opened up the guestbook, it mentioned how each room comes with two complimentary waters. On top of the wet bar there were two waters, so we assumed those were complimentary. But in the booklet, it also said that water was $7 (very confusing). Valet parking may seem like a good idea, but if you are leaving the resort constantly, it can be very inconvenient. In one instance, I had to run up to the room to grab something and I asked the valet to hold the car. I came down 5 minutes later and it was gone. So I had to wait and additional 10 minutes for the car because the valet parking was so busy. Unlike The Breakers, Valet parking is mandatory. However location of the resort is a lot closer to shops and restaurants.

Overall one really can’t complain too much about the resort for the discount rates offered in the summertime. No hotel is perfect, but I just wish all the hidden fees were included in the room rate. If you are a younger beach-lover and vacationing in this region, I would recommend The Boca Beach club over The Breakers. However I believe this hotel is way too overpriced to stay in the wintertime.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank BMW47
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We are returning guests for the past 12 years. The staff and management are genuine and strive to make your stay right every time. The views of the ocean and pools, (3) from the balcony of the sky deck room are magnificient. The warm sunny breezes have a quiet calming effect and sunrises are something to experience. There are several restaurants to choose from and we found with this stay the pricing and selections are now more flexible than before. if you are looking to stay at a Five Star full service family resort this is the place to stay in southern Florida.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I would like to let everyone know that my stay at the Boca Beach Club could not have been any better. From the second I was greeted up until checkout, the hospitality and service was impeccable. With exceptional balcony views and cleanliness throughout the resort, pool area, and beach vicinity, I would not hesitate to highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Ocean Lodge
Ocean Lodge
#9 of 27 in Boca Raton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa

Been to Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!