“One of the best vacation experiences our family has had to date!”

Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed September 24, 2009

This resort was beautiful and the attention to detail was second to none. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The food was great, the setting is great and the area surrounding this resort is clean and safe.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed September 20, 2009

My third trip to this hotel, but my first stay at the newly refurbished beach club. All new pools to make room for the new condo they squeezed in. On the weekend, the beach and especially the pools, were pretty crowded. Nice bright rooms. Too bad they don't have terraces. The lobby, bar and Sea Grille restaurant, which are all connected, are modern and sleek.
Sea Grille Restaurant was great, but pricey. Breakfast there was about $35. per person!
They charge for umbrellas on the beach, which has always bothered me.

1  Thank duncanspop
Reviewed September 15, 2009

I have stayed at hotels in many countries, and, I have to say that my stay at the Boca Beach Club was fantastic. The service was great. Everyone was professional yet friendly. Very quick to respond to my needs. The entire facility was spotless. The room was lovely and had everything I needed. The work out room was well equiped and the locker room was clean and had all the amenities. I was there over Labor Day weekend and thought the service was exeptional. The food was fantastic - well presented, great service, nice variety, worth every penny. Oh, and the cabana by the pool was a very special treat as well.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Boca Beach Club the third week of August. This was for our 15th wedding anniversary. It was our first trip without our children. We travel a lot to FL and the Caribbean. The Boca Beach Club far surpassed any other resort we have stayed at in either of these locations.

When we first pulled in, I was a little nervous. The front looks a little utilitarian. Not really what I was expecting for this newly renovated, beach resort. However, once we walked in to the lobby, it blew us away. It was beautifully done. It rivaled any of the places we have stayed at in the Caribbean or even Hawaii. The front desk staff was very nice and welcoming. We were staying there for 4 nights on Hilton Honors points. They still upgraded to ocean view (originally it was booked as Intercoastal waterway view). I thought that was nice, given we weren't paying for the rooms.

When we got up to the room, it was spotless. Brand new - nicely decorated (though the whole hotel is very contemporary - not my taste but figure, hey, I'm not living here so I can deal with it for a hotel stay). The bathroom was amazing. Really high end fixtures (the shower is incredible). This is the first time i have seen Grohe fixtures in a hotel bathroom!. I don't even have them in my house! We had a king size bed and the room was plenty big for the two of us. It overlooked the adult pool with a very nice view of the beach.

The beach there was very nice. One of the nicest I have been to in FL. I also loved the fact that there were life guards. I always feel a little creeped out when I'm swimming in the ocean and there is no one there just in case. They were attentive too. They definitely had an eye on things. The people working at the tikki hut for chair and umbrella rentals were helpful and friendly. The water was incredible. Bath tub warm and very clear.

We didn't go to the pool too much as we are more beach people, but there were 3 pools. One was just for adults. The other 2 were your typical family resort type pools. All three looked very nice though.

The food was incredible. We did not eat at the seafood restaurant that was right there at the Beach Club but we did eat 2 nights over at the main hotel. There is a very convenient shuttle that runs very frequently for the very short bus ride to the Waldorf. Never had to wait more than 5 minutes to be picked up.

We ate at Cielo, which is co-owned between Gordon Ramsey and another woman chef whose name I can not think of at the moment. It is on the top floor of the tower and has the most incredible view! The service was incredible at the bar and in the restaurant! 5 star all the way. They were extremely accomodating to me - a strict vegan. The chef put together an incredible meal and the waiter was extremely helpful. They never once made me feel like I was being a burden as many restaurants do. I would highly recommend Cielo. It isn't cheap but it is well worth the experience. I can't imagine being disappointed.

We also ate at the Italian restaurant at the main Waldorf resort, which at the moment, the name escapes me. It too was very good. Great service and attentive staff. Very nicely decorated.

I have to also say, the poolside lunches at the Beach Club were very good. Better than most lunches you get poolside at resorts. They had the usual hamburgers, hotdogs, etc but also had some nice sandwiches, Meditarranean dishes, etc. We ate lunch there every day.

We did have a rental car so in the mornings we usually drove to the Mizner village which was about 5 minutes away. We would just grab something from Starbucks. This saved a lot of money and calories, I'm sure! We aren't big breakfast eaters, just need something to get us thru to lunch time. There is some high end shopping at the village as well as several restaurants.

We would definitely go back to the Boca Beach Club. It far surpassed our expectations. Great for couples as well as families.

(oh - the workout facility was also wonderful. Brand new, every high end equipment. It was never crowded so it was relaxing.)

1  Thank momto3kids
Reviewed September 2, 2009

We had an amazing vacation at the Boca Beach Club. It's in a great location, with a fantastic atmosphere, and a phenomenal staff! They took care of anything we needed with enthusiasm, and always went beyond what they had to. Two of the employees, Alan and Sarah, were especially helpful. They made sure we got the most benefit out of all of their great amenities (awesome fitness center!), and Alan gave us pointers on fun things to do in the area. The great services of this hotel MADE our trip! Highly Recommended!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We were quite surprised that the Waldorf would have a staff that is as non responsive or even on call during the typical hours of the day. Being a loyal Hilton Hhonors traveller, I can say the property was truly had a great location/view but they were more concerned wtih the club members than running a hotel. From the child care facility, beach chairs and services, and just plain responsiveness, management really has the staff totally focused only on the club members. Go eleswhere if you want service and to be treated as a guest at the minimum. Even the hotel housekeeping staff were lack luster with few amenities not to mention mention needed toletries being available. Too expensive to be treated like a second rate citizen.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Our first stay at this Hotel. Staff was very Friendly and Helpful from the time we pulled into their drive, it continued through check-in and being helped to our Room. We were there for 4 days and this Staff was always smiling and willing to help. Loved that! The room was of Good Size, Decorated nicely, Wonderful Bath and the View was Beautiful ... Palms, Pools, and 1/2 mile of Private Beach. We couldn't ask for more. It is a Hotel that we would return to.
Mrs. L.

Ocean Lodge
Ocean Lodge
#9 of 27 in Boca Raton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa

Been to Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!