We stayed a the Boca Beach Club for 3 nights starting July 17 for our 4th Anniversary and it couldn't have been more incredible.
A little background information to know - I booked 3 nights using 50,000 Hilton HHonors points (each night) in a king accessible basic room (only what was available at time of booking). I am Hilton Gold so I was hoping to get an upgrade but wasn't looking good given the occupancy rates.
As this trip was a surprise to my wife, I emailed Kelly the Hotel GM to see if I could possibly get an upgrade, champagne or anything really. I also indicated we are vegan. Within less than 4 hours, Alison from the hotel emailed me about my various requests. She informed me she had upgraded us to King Vista Room (the rate at the time was $429), would have a bottle of champagne sent to our room, and indicated the chef would be reaching out to me about our diets and options.
Chef Donna reached out the next day to discuss various food options with me. She was extremely helpful and gave me the names of other chefs at the resorts in case she wasn't there when we were dining.
Alison emailed me again to ask what time we would be arriving. As she thought our room wouldn't be ready, she asked if we would like a pool cabana that day while we wait. YES PLEASE! We hadn't even arrived at the hotel yet and I already felt this was the best customer experience I have ever had traveling (please note this is my first Waldorf stay).
When we arrived, our room wasn't ready so we were escorted to the cabana area. Our cabana was great, nice bathroom, little fridge, tv, etc. Unfortunately, it started storming about 10 minutes after we arrived and we were asked to head in. Thankfully, our King Vista Ocean View room on the 6th floor was ready. The view was perfect. We inquired of Terry, the Director of Pool Ops, how much a cabana was as we were kinda bummed we couldn't use ours that day. She asked for my phone number and said she would see what she could do. She called about 20 minutes later and said she was giving us a cabana on Friday at no charge (normally $250). WOW, what service.
Our bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries arrived later that afternoon, and while we didn't eat the chocolate, the presentation was spectacular.
Food - We at multiple times at Morimoto in the main resort. The service and various veggie sushi rolls were excellent. We also ate at the Beach Bar area two times. We asked for Chef Donna both times, but she was unavailable; however, other chefs (John Rudolph was one) came out to speak with us about what we would like. We just gave them our restrictions (my wife is gluten intolerant as well) and said surprise us. Both times they made excellent dishes. Just top notch.
The shuttle service and valet were very timely and courteous. It seemed everyone throughout the hotel addressed us by name and said Happy Anniversary. If you had a request, someone would follow up with a text to make sure it met your expectations.
The Beach was phenomenal and very clean. Having someone put the chairs, table and umbrella exactly where you want it was great. The pools were a little busy, but were still great. We didn't utilize the poolside or beach service so I can't comment there.
Hilton Gold notes - At this property, you are given two free drink tickets to use at all bars except Tower at main resort. You are also given the option of 1,000 points or a free in room movie.
Conclusion - After having correspondence with various personnel before the trip, I had very high expectations. As I told everyone I have talked to since the trip, my high expectations were greatly exceeded. My wife couldn't have been happier with our stay as well. While I am not someone who will pay ~$450 a night for a room somewhere, with this service, I completely understand why people do. I will be accumulating more Hilton Hhonors points for a stay next year.
Kudos to you Boca Beach Club team!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the elegantly restyled The Beach Club - a completely refurbished Boca Raton beach hotel, providing ideal access to the water. Enjoy the stunning views of the rolling waves of the Atlantic Ocean. Stroll along the white-sand shores. Just a short shuttle ride from the renowned Boca Raton Resort & Club, this oceanfront property shares all the luxurious amenities and activities with the Resort, offering endless choices for recreation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boca Beach Club, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Boca Raton
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection