My family stayed at the Boca Raton Beach Resort for a long weekend. I have never been so disappointed with a vacation. We have stayed at multiple five star hotels and resorts, and I have never had such poor service or seen such poor organization in a resort.
We arrived on Friday late. We are from the North and were very excited for a much needed, family vacation in the sun. I had requested connecting rooms. My husband and I have four (4) children. When we got there, we discovered that the rooms reserved for us were not only not connecting, but also on different floors. We had one suitcase for all the children. The check in person said that it would be her weekend mission to get us to a connecting room by the next day.
The next morning, I stopped at the front desk to inquire about the connecting room. The agent at the desk did not know anything about the request or that we were looking for different rooms.
Late that afternoon, early evening, I stopped at the front desk again. Again, a different agent had no idea that we needed connection rooms or that were looking for someone checking out to change rooms.
The same situation occurred the next day.
I understand that no room that is reserved is GUARANTEED, however, when I made the reservation, I told the agent that we needed to be connecting. If that would be a problem, I would reserve rooms at a different hotel in south Florida. She said that should not be a problem. We spend the entire weekend apart. Our youngest goes to bed at 8:30/9:00. We would meet for breakfast at 10:00. This vacation is the only vacation that we take south yearly during the Winter months. I did not see my husband for 1/2 of the vacation. I was hoping to find a new venue for our family during our winter break. I am EXTREMELY disappointed. The staff said that they would help us but did not even check for us or try to accommodate us. There was ZERO effort made. I complained so they reduced the rate of our room. I would have paid twice that much to have our family spend time together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the elegantly restyled The Beach Club - a completely refurbished Boca Raton beach hotel, providing ideal access to the water. Enjoy the stunning views of the rolling waves of the Atlantic Ocean. Stroll along the white-sand shores. Just a short shuttle ride from the renowned Boca Raton Resort & Club, this oceanfront property shares all the luxurious amenities and activities with the Resort, offering endless choices for recreation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boca Beach Club, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Boca Raton
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection