“Boca Beach Club”

Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Boca Beach Club”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My family stayed at the Boca Raton Beach Resort for a long weekend. I have never been so disappointed with a vacation. We have stayed at multiple five star hotels and resorts, and I have never had such poor service or seen such poor organization in a resort.

We arrived on Friday late. We are from the North and were very excited for a much needed, family vacation in the sun. I had requested connecting rooms. My husband and I have four (4) children. When we got there, we discovered that the rooms reserved for us were not only not connecting, but also on different floors. We had one suitcase for all the children. The check in person said that it would be her weekend mission to get us to a connecting room by the next day.

The next morning, I stopped at the front desk to inquire about the connecting room. The agent at the desk did not know anything about the request or that we were looking for different rooms.

Late that afternoon, early evening, I stopped at the front desk again. Again, a different agent had no idea that we needed connection rooms or that were looking for someone checking out to change rooms.

The same situation occurred the next day.

I understand that no room that is reserved is GUARANTEED, however, when I made the reservation, I told the agent that we needed to be connecting. If that would be a problem, I would reserve rooms at a different hotel in south Florida. She said that should not be a problem. We spend the entire weekend apart. Our youngest goes to bed at 8:30/9:00. We would meet for breakfast at 10:00. This vacation is the only vacation that we take south yearly during the Winter months. I did not see my husband for 1/2 of the vacation. I was hoping to find a new venue for our family during our winter break. I am EXTREMELY disappointed. The staff said that they would help us but did not even check for us or try to accommodate us. There was ZERO effort made. I complained so they reduced the rate of our room. I would have paid twice that much to have our family spend time together.

Room Tip: Don't go if you need connecting rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Dana F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before on the ocean side. It's very nice and modern. The hotel and grounds are perfectly manicured. The floors so clean I let my son walk around the entire resort barefoot. We visited the other side we took the boat across which was fun. The resort side looks pretty nice but no beach access. We heard the rooms are larger there and may try next time. Our room was pretty cramped with the crib in it. We had a kin standard room and didn't receive a room upgrade because of my status at hilton because they were fully booked. So we were cramped but still had a great time there.

• Stayed February 2014
hyde park ny
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed president' s weekend. Hotel staff was very friendly. The concierge was great. Ocean View room was Beautiful. Housekeeping was definitely inconsistent We came back to our room and found it unlocked. Mini bar was not restocked without asking. Luca was a great restaurant. Serendipity a fun place. Very bad experience at 501. Steak burned in outside raw inside. Took over an hour to correct then it was brought out without the potato . Managers attitude was bad. Then they brought us the wrong check. We left without eating dinner. The Onion Soup was great. They didn't bring us any bread until we were waiting an hour for our meal. Room service was great. Charges are excessive for bike rental. If I find a special rate again I will definitely go back but usual rate is overpriced.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The beach property is beautiful. We had a room on the first floor by the adult pool, which was fantastic. The room was very nice and spacious and very clean. Being able to walk out to our private sitting area and then right to the pool and beach was amazing! There are 3 pools and a very nice beach with several beach sports offered (at a price, of course). All the staff is very friendly and helpful. Some of the service was a little inconsistent - for instance, one day the room wasn't cleaned until after 3pm, while they showed up at 8am the next. Be warned, however, that the pool and beach can get very crowded between guests at the beach club, guests from the resort, and members. This hotel is one where you need to go claim your chair before going for breakfast. The gym is very nice as well. One frustrating item is the wifi; it can be very sporadic and inconsistent. My first day at the hotel I spent 30 minutes on the phone with an AT&T support person only to be told my computer was fine and it is a problem at the hotel. The back and forth to the resort can waring as well; there is essentially only one restaurant at the beach club. And fitness classes, tennis, etc. are at the resort. If you plan to play tennis, be sure to bring your tennis sneakers and racket. They will not let you play without the proper shoes and will charge you a lot to borrow a racket. The spa is also first rate, but expenseive. All in all, a great spot for a winter getaway!

Room Tip: First or second floor ocean view rooms willl be the best.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Boca, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Sorry to say this place is not up to par as a resort. Food is not fresh, the rooms are similar to a Marriott and the service in in line with a 2-3 start hotel. If you are looking for luxury go to the Breakers~

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

2 Thank Edgar R
Marlboro, New Jersey
Reviewed February 12, 2014

From the time I got to the hotel the Bell Man Allen made us fell so welcome. Allen showed us where everything was in the hotel and the next day walked us to the waking trail that we wanted to find. I can only give this hotel the highest recommendation and their great staff such as Allen, and the front desk such as Deniz, the pool and beach staff. Looking forward to my next trip to the Boca Beach Club.

East Northport, New York
Reviewed February 12, 2014

they do not offer much to Gold members service is great and reasonably priced Restaurants are ok but not 5 star. The grounds are impeccable but traveling with bus between resorts is tiring if you have mobility issues. Just stay at the towers not the beach resort.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

#9 of 27 in Boca Raton
Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
#7 of 27 in Boca Raton

Been to Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!