“We love Boca Beach Club” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Lexington, Massachusetts
“We love Boca Beach Club”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We love Boca Beach Club and its casual elegance. We are always taken care of and enjoy spending long, leisurely days by the pool and beach. The resort is beautiful and it's a lovely place to vacation with family.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Coventry, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This property was beautiful, very relaxing and great location with a private beach. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. It was nice having the transportation from the Beach Club to the main hotel.

Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed at the Beach Club for a business conference and added on a couple extra days. Pros: Located right on the beach and the customer service overall was excellent. Staff extremely friendly and helpful particularly at the Concierge Desk. The spa at the main hotel is wonderful as are the restaurants. Cons: The rooms at the Beach Club are a little tired looking and the furnishings are not particularly attractive. The pool areas get extremely crowded as they shuttle people in from the main hotel. There are also "resident" members who use the pools and this also adds to crowding. Customer service for the pool area is sketchy at best. The beach area is okay at best and there did not appear to be any food or beverage servcie. Would probably not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a ocean view - our room faced the parking lot.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ann012011
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Your positive compliments and notes of concern are both very important to us. Thank you for letting us know that we have a bit of improving to do to ensure guests receive the luxury services and accommodations they expect with us. We're reviewing your comments about hotel decor and dining opportunities. We regret any discomfort with the crowds but hope you will return to give us another opportunity to serve you. We'll certainly share your kind words to our team as well.

Peter J. Serena
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just came back from a fabulous getaway at the Boca Beach Club. After much research, I had decided on the Beach Club based on its wonderful beach location and 3 pool option. I was traveling with my husband and 17 year old daughter and our stay couldn't have been nicer. We are very picky hotel goers, typically staying at Ritz or Four Season locations, but after reading much info, it sounded as if the Beach Club was more the location that we wanted, and we were not disappointed. Every person that we came in contact with from the hotel could not have been nicer! Hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate our every need. Our suite was a great size and perfectly maintained. I would highly recommend this resort, as it is immaculate. The beach was beautiful and the pools gave many options. Even though we were there during school vacation week, it was not crowded. At times we felt like we were on a private beach. There was absolutely no jockeying for lounge chairs...they were always available. The only cons would be the expense involved and the lack of water pressure in the "rain forest" shower. Yes, the shower heads were there, but they must have installed some type of water saver device in them because the pressure was so bad that my daughter and I couldn't rinse the shampoo out of our hair. Also the bulbs in the makeup mirror were fluorescent, which didn't provide any light.
The Sea Grille was excellent, albeit expensive as was the breakfast buffet. It seems that the high cost is pretty common in this part of Florida, however. The worst expense was the cab ride from PBI to the resort. It cost us $100! The hotel staff was so nice that they actually provided a car for our return trip and only charged us a flat cab rate. I can't say enough about the employees at this property - they were just super. It may not be a Ritz or Four Seasons, evident by the lack of opulence, art work and floral arrangements, but this resort provided my family with an extremely relaxing, stress free vacation.

Room Tip: Go for a suite facing the ocean. Our room was 40630 and was dead center of resort overlooking the o...
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was travelling solo to the Boca Beach Club. It was a lovely property with sweeping ocean views. The room was jaw dropping gorgeous due to the view and the bathroom. The room service was fast and good and the front desk service was exceptional and friendly as well. The amount of pools, including a quieter adult pool, was welcomed. However, some aspects of service at the hotel could be improved upon. I waited for quite some time (15-20 minutes) at the outdoor restaurant before I was served. Granted, it was quite busy and I was a solo traveller so perhaps overlooked- but I did notice that people at other tables who arrived after me were served before me. Once the server did arrive she was quite friendly and efficient. The other service problem I had was with the shuttle service. Unfortunately, I had to go to a medical clinic during my stay and asked the concierge/front desk to request a taxi. I waited 45-50 minutes for the taxi to arrive however the taxi never did. The concierge was extremely apologetic. When it was determined that the medical clinic was on the hotel 's shuttle's route, I boarded the shuttle and was told that after I was done in town, to call for another shuttle to come get me. After my appointment, I called for the other shuttle as instructed. When the shuttle arrived, the driver proceeded to shout at me saying ' why didn't you notice a shuttle was already here?!'. I didn't notice that a shuttle from the hotel was waiting in a different location from the drop off area. Perhaps it was my mistake for not noticing but having a hotel representative yell at you in the street for this mistake is uncalled for. I did mention this incident to the hotel management who were apologetic.
A smaller observation I have is the pool chairs - they are not so great for a property of this calibre. There is a two tier pool chair system (as ridiculous as that may sound!). All the good pool chairs are taken by guests in the morning while the older, not as comfortable but more plentiful chairs are available throughout the day. I've stayed at some great properties around the world and have never seen a hotel have two types of markedly different pool chairs. For a beach club - this type of thing could be improved.
All in all, I would recommend staying at the Boca Beach Club for its location, fantastic rooms and overall service.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room! Well worth the price differential.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Toledo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel, in the Beach Club, while in Boca Raton for a company conference. The Great Hall where our conference was held was the perfect size and space for accommodating 400 attendees. Technology ran smoothly and the rooms were cool during a hot weekend. The room my co-worker and I stayed in at the Beach Club was beautiful, clean, and comfortable. The linens felt pretty cheap, for the scale of hotel we were in, but they were clean and fresh. The concierge services were incredibly accommodating and professional. Overall, we were both VERY satisfied with our experiences at the Boca Resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Roslyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We recently stayed at the Boca Beach Club in Boca Raton. The hotel property is beautiful. It sits right on the beach with 3 pools, and nicely landscaped pool area. It was very convenient to just walk out of your hotel, onto the beach. It was much like a resort in the Caribbean, which we were going to book, but decided on Florida instead, due to relatives that lived in the area. The rooms are nicely appointed, but no balcony on the upper floors. The beds were comfortable and even the rollaway cot my daughter slept on was too! The staff was very nice, and helpful. The only negatives were the prices of EVERYTHING!! The food was ridiculously expensive , however very good. My suggestion, is if you like a hotel on the beach in Boca, and want "resort" feel stay here, but eat out, or bring in to your room. I saw many families bringing in lunch in a bag from a deli and eating it poolside. It is located in a beautiful area, right off of the Intracoastal, so there are no bad views. If you stay here, bring lots of extra cash for in room snack bar, or poolside snacks.

Room Tip: choose higher floors away from pool, for quiet.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boca Raton
Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites
Ocean Lodge
Ocean Lodge
#9 of 27 in Boca Raton

Been to Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!