I was travelling solo to the Boca Beach Club. It was a lovely property with sweeping ocean views. The room was jaw dropping gorgeous due to the view and the bathroom. The room service was fast and good and the front desk service was exceptional and friendly as well. The amount of pools, including a quieter adult pool, was welcomed. However, some aspects of service at the hotel could be improved upon. I waited for quite some time (15-20 minutes) at the outdoor restaurant before I was served. Granted, it was quite busy and I was a solo traveller so perhaps overlooked- but I did notice that people at other tables who arrived after me were served before me. Once the server did arrive she was quite friendly and efficient. The other service problem I had was with the shuttle service. Unfortunately, I had to go to a medical clinic during my stay and asked the concierge/front desk to request a taxi. I waited 45-50 minutes for the taxi to arrive however the taxi never did. The concierge was extremely apologetic. When it was determined that the medical clinic was on the hotel 's shuttle's route, I boarded the shuttle and was told that after I was done in town, to call for another shuttle to come get me. After my appointment, I called for the other shuttle as instructed. When the shuttle arrived, the driver proceeded to shout at me saying ' why didn't you notice a shuttle was already here?!'. I didn't notice that a shuttle from the hotel was waiting in a different location from the drop off area. Perhaps it was my mistake for not noticing but having a hotel representative yell at you in the street for this mistake is uncalled for. I did mention this incident to the hotel management who were apologetic.
A smaller observation I have is the pool chairs - they are not so great for a property of this calibre. There is a two tier pool chair system (as ridiculous as that may sound!). All the good pool chairs are taken by guests in the morning while the older, not as comfortable but more plentiful chairs are available throughout the day. I've stayed at some great properties around the world and have never seen a hotel have two types of markedly different pool chairs. For a beach club - this type of thing could be improved.
All in all, I would recommend staying at the Boca Beach Club for its location, fantastic rooms and overall service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the elegantly restyled The Beach Club - a completely refurbished Boca Raton beach hotel, providing ideal access to the water. Enjoy the stunning views of the rolling waves of the Atlantic Ocean. Stroll along the white-sand shores. Just a short shuttle ride from the renowned Boca Raton Resort & Club, this oceanfront property shares all the luxurious amenities and activities with the Resort, offering endless choices for recreation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boca Beach Club, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Boca Raton
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection