We spent 2 nights at the Boca Beach Club after a quick trip up to Orlando to see Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. I booked on Hilton points and having Gold status they upgraded us to a nicely renovated room with a beautiful view of the inter coastal.
The bathroom was probably the nicest I've stayed in (including the Palazzo in Vegas with it's flat screen TV). The marble soaking tub was gigantic and the shower could fit 3 people and had a rainfall head and a separate hand shower extension. I only wish it had a seat (there was certainly room, and it would have doubled as a sauna!. :-)
The facilities were top notch. I visited the gym- all brand new equipment including pilates machines, free weights, high-end weight machines, cycles, hack squat machine, etc.. Basically everything anyone would want/need for a great workout.
They have 3 pools (kiddie, family, and adults-only). They were clean and we had no problem finding a chair by the family pool. My 12-year old made friends and played marco polo with the other kids.
The food service is very good but it's very expensive: what you'd expect for a W=A/ resort. Think $16 for a burger and fries, but it was excellent. I also had grilled fish tacos and they were also great.
As an Hhonors gold, we received 2 free drinks, free bottled water, and a free movie but we didn't use it. We went to a local theater (not the iPic in Mezner Park but the next closest) and we were pleasantly surprised by the huge/comfy leather seats.
The beach was clean and well maintained but it was very windy and cool so we didn't spend much time there. They have cabanas and umbrellas for rent.
The valet is expensive ($27/day I think?) but at least they waived the $25/day resort fee since it was a points stay.
If you're a poker player, it's close to 2 rooms: the Isle Casino and the Coconut Creek Seminole Casino. I played at Coconut both nights and won $900, so that was great!
Overall, an awesome resort. great service, great facilities and great location.
Incidentally, you will be surrounded by New Yorkers, since Boca is apparently the 6 borough. You will notice the accent right away- but no worries. the staff was great, and all the guests were enjoying themselves.
Also, the Boca Beach Club is connected to 1000 Ocean Blvd, a multi-million dollar condo project that was featured on HGTV's selling New York (they have that many New Yorkers in Boca). Anyway, as I said, top notch facility.
We took the shuttle over to the Boca Raton Resort (the sister property) and it was very cool; think 50s architecture with a golf course, numerous tennis courts, croquet club, and outdoor chess set. We had ice cream at Serendipity 3 and it was awesome.
Finally, if you're looking for a place to eat, head up to Atlantic Ave. in Delray Beach. Lots of great shops and restaurants to walk and explore: a very cool vibe. Also you could do Las Olas Blvd. in Ft. Lauderdale in the other direction.
We are returning for another points stay Memorial weekend. I wouldn't pay $450/nt. anywhere but for 50K hilton points, I thought it was well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the elegantly restyled The Beach Club - a completely refurbished Boca Raton beach hotel, providing ideal access to the water. Enjoy the stunning views of the rolling waves of the Atlantic Ocean. Stroll along the white-sand shores. Just a short shuttle ride from the renowned Boca Raton Resort & Club, this oceanfront property shares all the luxurious amenities and activities with the Resort, offering endless choices for recreation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hilton Hotels Direct, Otel, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boca Beach Club, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Boca Raton
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection