“A good beach front hotel, large rooms, but everything seems to be extra” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

You added Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort to your Saves list
Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 South Ocean Blvd, Boca Raton, FL 33432   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 Credit per Night
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
“A good beach front hotel, large rooms, but everything seems to be extra”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel feels very small with the staff being very personal towards you and it seems that they all get to know you quite well which is a positive. Our room was upgraded to a one bedroom suite. The room was double the size of a normal room and was very nice. One half was the lounge with a few sofas, a table and a separate guest toilette. The other side was a large bedroom with a large bathroom which was very nice. It must be added that the coffee machine inside the room produced some really crappy coffee. The pools at the hotel are very nice and so is the beach. However there were a few different types of sun loungers some far more comfortable than other, this laos made the pool area look a bit ugly and unfinished. The breakfast buffet was very nice with a big selection. My only real negative about the hotel is that every little thing that they do at the hotel seems to be chargeable and requires a tip; however this is in line with most other american resort hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveller10126

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a great hotel with a super service. The location is great straight at the beach.
The Skydeck rooms are a must. They have a fantastic terrasse overlooking the pool and the beach. The problem with this property is that guest of other Waldorf properties can use the pool and the beach. So this gets crowded like in a very cheap property.

Room Tip: Skydeck rooms
1 Thank Go100go
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have stayed at this resort 3 times so far. Every year we stay at the Bungalows and have nothing bad to say about, in fact we absolutely loved our room. One year we came with a group of 9 and all stayed there in connecting rooms and everyone thought it was fantastic. My husband is a Hilton Honours diamond member and we have stayed in some of the best Waldorfs in the world NY and Rome to mention our faves and this is a uniquely Floridian but definitely a fovorite of ours.

We have 2 kids under 3 so the quiet of the bungalows worked for us and you get a private pool. It was so much fun for them to ride the shuttle we never had to wait longer than a couple minutes. The beach is Fantastic. If you are NICE AND POLITE you get amazing quality service. We would let the pool servers know we were there and they would check in all the time! The restaurants are all fantastic. The seagrill for dinner was delicious and the Italian place was a great experience all around. One thing you can count on us that you will not be bored. Between boat shuttles bush shuttles and all the properties restaurants and beach. Tennis, golf, kids club, water sports and spa there is something for everyone. Just walking the grounds is fun and beautiful. And the location is great if you want to try some local restaurants.

This year we are going again in just a couple of weeks and I am so thrilled for our trip!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank RamnarineFamily
Athens, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My two girlfriends and I spent the past weekend at the Boca Beach Club. It is a nice property, set on the beach along with a several pools. The beach is nice, sort of crowded due to the fact you are not only sharing the property with hotel guests but members of the Boca Beach Club as well. Our room was fine, I did use points to book my stay with them so I assume that affected where we were placed in the hotel. Our view was the parking lot, lovely. The bathroom is really nice, marble with a bathtub - that was probably the nicest part of the hotel. Although, the bathroom did not have a fan, which I think is really odd for an American hotel. I am a Hilton Diamond Member, so, I did receive a great greeting when we arrived, although, after our initial greeting, the service went downhill fast. We booked a cab through the concierge and she advised us it would be 20-30 minutes until they would arrive and she would come get us when he arrived. After quite some time, I checked in with her and she said it had still not come, but, she knew where we were. Then, we went outside and the valet notified us that the cab had come and left and it would most likely be another 20-30 minutes before another cab would arrive. Apparently, cabs are really hard to come by in Boca Raton, this is not due to the fact that the resort is in manageable walking distance to the downtown area. Getting a cab home was also a bit of a disaster and the front desk was zero help when we called to ask them. Our air conditioning also broke in our room, they literally had to replace the entire unit. We called when we got home to get it fixed and they sent someone but, due to the fact we had a do not disturb sign on the door they assumed we did not want to get it fixed (even though, we had just called). I suppose we can take some responsibility for this. I will say, that there was a bellboy/front desk person who was extremely helpful to us when we finally returned to the hotel. The amenities for Diamond Members are almost nonexistent. You could either get 20% off a spa treatment (which were exorbitantly expensive), 1000 bonus points or something else, I can't remember. I was disappointed there was no executive lounge - something I have become accustomed to at other Hilton properties. Would I go back here? Probably not. I am thankful I was able to use points to book this room as opposed to paying the full rate, I think I would be a lot more irate about our stay. To me, it just did not really seem to fit my expectations for a Waldorf hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Champuga81
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We regret that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve during your recent stay. We strive for unparalleled service delivery at our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer. I am sorry we fell short of providing this and I'm working with our staff to ensure our guests find that level of service at our hotel. Your feedback regarding the cab service, AC unit, and executive lounge will help us to continue to improve our training processes and ensure we're meeting guest needs. We hope you will return to stay with us to experience the results of that work firsthand.

Peter Serena
Charlottesville, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were sent here after another hotel overbooked. Since we were traveling with a child, we phoned ahead and asked that a foldout be ready when we arrived. It was nevertheless not ready until an hour after that, 45 minutes after we reached the hotel, 1 AM, in spite of several members of the bell staff being visible (and motionless) behind the front desk. When I proposed, about half an hour after our arrival, borrowing some cushions from the lobby so that the kid could get some rest, the manager threatened to "chuck" me out of the hotel. The hotel is old-style Florida: everything is huge (hallways, furniture, pictures, etc.), tasteless, and musty-smelling. (You used to have to go to Miami Beach to find this kind of thing, but Fort Lauderdale has apparently caught up.) We never saw the sea views that are supposed to be the great attraction--I believe they're there, and that's what is keeping me from giving the lowest rating. But nothing in our experience was anything but terrible. (We left the next day for the other place, which was apologetic and accommodating in the way the Boca Beach Club never tried to be.)

Room Tip: Make sure you can see the water.
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank gitful_nedboc
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Boca Beach Club. I am disappointed that your visit with us was not as pleasant as we all would have liked. Your feedback is appreciated as it allows me to perfect our service moving forward. I do hope that you return in the future and give us the opportunity to impress you with the service.

Peter J. Serena
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Nicely renovated rooms marred by poor housekeeping and average restaurant food. Caters to conventions and large groups. Room wasn't cleaned until 5pm one day. Robe in room was filthy and room smelled of smoke upon check-in. Food in pool area was really awful (cold tacos with tasteless salsa, lukewarm hot dogs on stale buns, bad fries) and service was slow and sloppy. Food in quick-service breakfast area was below-average (stale croissants and bagels, cold & unappetizing breakfast sandwiches).

Room Tip: Go for renovated rooms.
1 Thank Wayne C
Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience with us. We are addressing your feedback with our staff as we work to continually improve our cleanliness services and food and beverage offerings. We work hard to provide our guests with a singular Waldorf luxury experience in every aspect of their stays, and you help us to do just that by sharing your honest feedback with us. I hope you will consider visiting us again.

Peter J. Serena
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Boca Beach Club for a long weekend. We loved the contemporary architecture, setting, and ambiance of the hotel. The ocean view room was fantastic. We loved starting each day eating breakfast outdoors, listening to the waves, watching the seagulls, and enjoying our dining experience. Our server, Sara, in particular made it even more pleasurable. She remembered us from a previous (recent) stay and made us feel very welcome. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Choose a high ocean view room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
#7 of 26 in Boca Raton
4.0 of 5 stars 1,254 reviews
Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center
Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites

Been to Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!