One of a few stays at the property for quick weekend getaway. My last stay was a 5-star review. This one is not.
I am a diamond status HH member and listed with personal concierge that this stay was a special occasion. Her name was LIsa I believe and she was very personable.
Front desk though...I will say right off front desk misinformed about happy hour, suggesting it was every night and that we should make it a point to go. We stopped by and took time out of our night and guess what...no happy hour, its only one day per week. Seems a lot of new people working here, including bartenders. Example: we asked for a drink w/ pear vodka and the bartneder said they could get a book out and let us pick...Very unprofessional.
The most dissapointing aspect was the room. Absolutely no upgrade -- the room had minimal harbor / parking lot view and the room smelled very stale (I actually had to ask if a dog was allowed to stay) b/c we are allergic. We were told mixed things by front desk - that hotel was at capacity, that we could move but to no view at all, etc. Sorry, but for diamond status member that spends over $40K a year with Hilton, they should have offered a better room pon check in.
Maid staff on top floor needs improvement. Room decently clean, but not spotless like we had during other stays. They missed a requested turn down service the first night when we really wanted it. Never re-filled the ice bucket or refreshed ice for our bottle of bubbly during entire stay.
The staff otherwise- pool, wait, service, valet was flawless and should be commended.
Restaurants: We did the Sea Grille and 501 East. Hit and miss. Black Cod at Sea Grille always good, but my lobster and potatoes gratin were tasteless and overcooked. Best ribs at 501 East, yet the short rib and mac n cheese, again left something to be desired. Breakfast was always good and a decent deal at $29 P/P, although other properties comp diamond members.
Bed was comfortable, but not the Hilton Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress - which is far superior to the ones used here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the elegantly restyled The Beach Club - a completely refurbished Boca Raton beach hotel, providing ideal access to the water. Enjoy the stunning views of the rolling waves of the Atlantic Ocean. Stroll along the white-sand shores. Just a short shuttle ride from the renowned Boca Raton Resort & Club, this oceanfront property shares all the luxurious amenities and activities with the Resort, offering endless choices for recreation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boca Beach Club, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Boca Raton
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection