“Great property, but front desk needs improvement”

Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Marlton, New Jersey
“Great property, but front desk needs improvement”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

One of a few stays at the property for quick weekend getaway. My last stay was a 5-star review. This one is not.

I am a diamond status HH member and listed with personal concierge that this stay was a special occasion. Her name was LIsa I believe and she was very personable.

Front desk though...I will say right off front desk misinformed about happy hour, suggesting it was every night and that we should make it a point to go. We stopped by and took time out of our night and guess what...no happy hour, its only one day per week. Seems a lot of new people working here, including bartenders. Example: we asked for a drink w/ pear vodka and the bartneder said they could get a book out and let us pick...Very unprofessional.

The most dissapointing aspect was the room. Absolutely no upgrade -- the room had minimal harbor / parking lot view and the room smelled very stale (I actually had to ask if a dog was allowed to stay) b/c we are allergic. We were told mixed things by front desk - that hotel was at capacity, that we could move but to no view at all, etc. Sorry, but for diamond status member that spends over $40K a year with Hilton, they should have offered a better room pon check in.

Maid staff on top floor needs improvement. Room decently clean, but not spotless like we had during other stays. They missed a requested turn down service the first night when we really wanted it. Never re-filled the ice bucket or refreshed ice for our bottle of bubbly during entire stay.

The staff otherwise- pool, wait, service, valet was flawless and should be commended.

Restaurants: We did the Sea Grille and 501 East. Hit and miss. Black Cod at Sea Grille always good, but my lobster and potatoes gratin were tasteless and overcooked. Best ribs at 501 East, yet the short rib and mac n cheese, again left something to be desired. Breakfast was always good and a decent deal at $29 P/P, although other properties comp diamond members.

Bed was comfortable, but not the Hilton Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress - which is far superior to the ones used here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SRAMRN
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty as a Hilton Honors rewards member and we appreciate that you thought of the Boca Beach Club for your special occasion. Part of the Waldorf Astoria experience is unparalleled service and luxury accommodations and apologize that we fell short of offering you this. I assure you that the inconsistencies you experienced are being addressed and additional training opportunities are being offered. We appreciate you alerting us to these issues, and we hope you will give our hotel a second chance if you return to the area.

Peter Serena

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed 3 days for a conference and had a wonderful experience. I stayed on the 6th floor toward the center so my views were sweeping and stunning. In general I would prefer a room with a terrace, so if that is more your speed, the 5th floor is where you should look to book. The room is well appointed with a very well-stocked minibar should you have a hankering to indulge...
The bed and linens are extremely comfortable, the windows are sound proof, the bathroom area is adequately spacious, and the AC/heating system is easy to use. I used in room dining and found them to be pleasant, courteous and enthusiastic to deliver what I ordered in a timely manner. The bell staff deserves a commendation for their helpfulness and professionalism.
I applaud Manager Hisham for his efforts in making me feel like a valued customer after I reported a minor issue with my bathroom. And finally a special shout out to Sparkle at the front desk for making my checkout process so hassle free and expedient!

Room Tip: In general I would prefer a room with a terrace, so if that is more your speed, the 5th floor is whe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stephane A
Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was a business trip that spouses were invited to attend also and I have to say from the moment we arrived on Thursday to when we checked out on Monday it was a wonderful experience. All the staff at the hotel were great and helpful, food was great, room was great,beach was great, pool was great......so I guess you can see we were happy!!!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tony P
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel and had a horrific experience. My 17 year old daughter who is just a child was harassed by the comeons of a 65ish year old man who was a member of the club. We went to membership to complain but they saw we had a standard room and he had a lot of money so they refused to do anything about it. We were about to go to the Boca Raton Police Department but we warned membership this man was extremely wealthy and it would go nowhere. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! THEY LET THE MEMBERS USE IT AS A FREE FOR ALL!!!!

Room Tip: Don't even stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
13 Thank Scott S
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered while staying with us and appreciate your feedback. My number one priority is the health and safety of our guests. Please message me your contact information so I can speak directly with you about this issue.

Peter Serena
561-447-3823
pserena@luxuryresorts.com
Bradley Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Large rooms, very clean. Excellent, courteous & professional staff & service, great security 24/7! A Morimotos and Serendipity onsite! A trolley 16 hrs a day to shuttle you around. I don't think there is anymore a person could ask for!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Traveler260
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights at the Boca Beach Club for a babymoon in December 2012. The hotel was beautiful, with immaculate grounds and trendy decor. As a Hilton Diamond member, we were upgraded to an oceanview room on the 5th floor with fantastic views, ample privacy, and a huge bathroom. We inquired about a room with a balcony and were offered one on the second day of our stay, but we ended up staying in our original room because the balcony rooms are only on the lower floors where it is relatively easy to see into the rooms from the pool.

We spent most of our time lounging by one of the three pools at the Beach Club. One is 'adults only' another is clearly a kid's pool, and the third is open to everyone -- this was a great setup and allowed the resort to maintain a 'family-friendly' atmosphere while still providing a quieter option for those who prefer it. Poolside food and drinks were expensive, but of high quality. The $20 charge for beach chairs was disappointing.

All-in-all, a very nice stay. I would recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank scottm247
ny
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The new renovation of the Boca Beach Club is outstanding. The rooms are beautiful - Ritz/Four Seasons quality but modern. Personal service and gracious, but not stuffy. The pool and beach are nice and you have the benefit of being able to use the resources of the Boca Raton Resort, but be in a small luxury hotel. A really nice selection of restaurants that were all good, but not overly expensive. Service is top notch - very personal and gracious. We enjoyed our vacation here over Christmas. High regards for this hotel.
Special thanks to staff members Dewayne, Sarah, Alan, Lisa and Tony seemed happy to see us and took great care of us during our stay. They were professional, gracious and courteous.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ocean Lodge
Ocean Lodge
#10 of 27 in Boca Raton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa

Been to Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!