“Top Resort Experience on Every Dimension”

Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed at the reort for one night in September. We'll be back the next time we are in the area.

As a person who travels a month a year for vacation and 60-80 nights a year for business, this resort provides everything one would expect from a high end 5 star resort. Great location overlooking the water, golf course a few minutes walk, pool on on the grouns, tennis, top rate gym and a short shuttle to beach property. The rooms, food and service were all top notch. Could go on and on, but bottom line is, stay here if within your price range.

1  Thank tcubsfan

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have been to Miami and Boca many times in 30 years and mostly stay in Miami, I stayed in the hotel because I have friends who live close by. All I can say is it's a Rip Off!! I had two rooms, I had to pay resort fee's along with parking which amounted to about $1000.00 for 14 days.
The service is not commensurate with the rates of the hotel. Concierge does a vanishing act most of the evening and don't know much about local amenities anyway. Breakfast was a joke, you don't expect to wait half an hour like a lemon to be seated in the morning. Limited buffet.Nice surroundings but I would rather spend the same money and stay at the Breakers or the Ritz Carlton in Palm Beach and be looked after.
Nights out in Boca is like the land of the living dead!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank David B
bbcmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay at the Boca Beach Club. We strive to provide guest experiences that are anticipatory to the highest degree and personalized to the occasion, and we are always looking for ways to balance fair pricing with the luxury accommodations and service we offer. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings. As for the resort fee, it is a mandatory and non-negotiable fee, that regretfully we cannot waive. The resort fee is disclosed at the top of the resort reservation page so the guest is made aware prior to booking their reservation the daily resort charge of $24.42 (inclusive of tax) will be added to the room reservation. The fee includes local calls, resort transportation, weekday newspaper, fitness center, fitness classes, lobby refreshment, in-room coffee, golf bag storage, shoe shine, notary, and Bellman gratuities. The resort fee is also listed on the email confirmation and communicated when booking by phone. However, I would like to apologize for the level of service that you received during breakfast. This isn’t typical of our staff members and we will address the situation. I hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future to demonstrate our commitment to satisfaction in all areas of the guest experience.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Love this hotel! We reserved an Ocean Terrace room and was well worth it. The views were beautiful and the terrace is large enough to host four people. There are key people to ask for upon arrival, Brian (valet) who took great care of car and always greeted us with a warm hello. He made us feel welcome as if we we're regulars. Check in you must ask for Russell. We had a few small snags at check in (I failed to request a king room) and Russell worked his magic along with a special $20 gift card to Serendipity for my troubles. Russell went the extra mile to be sure my bags were delivered promptly to our room along with my requested refrigerator. He also booked dinner reservestions and gave us other fabulous recommendation for local eateries. Be sure to introduce yourself to Dennis (manages Valet). Dennis is a great guy to know and has some wonderful remedies for the morning after one of those long nights. Dennis is your go to guy for just about anything you need and knows everyone on the property as well as locals. Thank you Dennis for the VIP treatment at Ocean 234, the food was amazing! Great hotel but the people made it even better. Kuddo's to you for great customer service!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend in June for a wedding. Booked through American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts and were happy to get upgraded to a room with a huge balcony. People who worked at the hotel were great from the guy who checked us in, the bellhop, to the servers and management of the restaurant. Returning next February and looking forward to it.

• Stayed: June 2012
bbcmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you very much for reviewing our property and specifically the service-oriented departments throughout your stay! We strive on a daily basis to be among the best hotels in the world and our guests' feedback is our only way to get better. We loved hearing you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in February!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I travel a lot and stay in a lot of nice hotels. This happens to be my favorite hotel in the country and I've stayed in some pretty nice hotels. You can get a room between 300-400 and have a beach view. You are steps from three pools and the beach. The beach has an army of staff that sets up your umbrella, brings you towels and even takes your drink or food order. The staff has clearly been trained to be top of the line - very attentive and polite. We stay there often and many of the staff know us by name now. This property is excellent for a romantic getaway or a family getaway - lots for the kids to do.

A couple of tips if you haven't stayed there. There are two properties. The "Pink Hotel" which is the main property and is across the intercostal and is not on the beach. That is a great property too and has the Spa and other great amenities but it isn't on the beach. The Boca Beach Club is on the beach so make sure you know which one you are getting. Both are nice and you should try both. The second tip is they have packages that include breakfast and your parking and valet charges. Those are always less expensive than paying a la carte for those services.

Room Tip: There are two hotel properties: one is on the west side of the intercostal and the Boca Beach Club...
2  Thank Greg T
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I wanted to take time and write a review regarding my recent stay at the Boca Beach Club. I could not have been anymore pleased by the level of service I received while vacationing with my husband in Boca.

Everything was as is expected for a Waldorf property, but I would like to make a note of one employee who simply stood out for us during our stay. Kord (sp?), a server on the beach and pools, made our entire stay. We enjoyed cocktails and lunch both Saturday and Sunday out by the pool/beach, and both days we were greeted with enthusiasm by Kord. He is one of the most attentive servers I've ever had, and his friendly and welcoming personality made us feel incredibly comfortable. On Saturday while at the adult pool, Kord was constantly present, staying on top of the guests in his area and keeping the entire pool deck clean and clutter free. We even witnessed him straightening chairs and collecting towels and discarding them for the pool guys, who by the way were standing under their umbrella watching Kord do their work. Just a note, something I would notice because I've worked in hospitality most of my adult life, not a big deal at all.

Overall, the entire beach/pool staff were friendly, but none compared to Kord, who remembered who we were and even used our last names, which is something that I seldom experience nowadays. Everything at the Resort was fantastic, but special accolades go to Kord. I hope this reaches senior management, as an employee like Kord is hard to come by and most definitely deserves some special recognition. Great job, Boca Beach Club. We will definitely be back!!

1  Thank Laura W
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I would say that there's a lot of glitz and hype around this hotel, but for the price, not much substance. We started off on the wrong foot at the Beach Club, because I had booked (via the main Waldorf telephone number) a "Summer Getaway" package, that was to include a room upgrade (if available, and I can tell you that there were plenty of available rooms), 2 free drinks, and 2 free breakfasts. When we arrived, surprise! There was no record of us having booked the package. In fact, the girl at the desk hadn't even heard of that package! H'mm. As others have said, you are charged quite a lot of money for extras (Yep, $7 for a bottle of water!). I didn't find the the concierge or the desk clerks to be that friendly...I found them to be a little cold and disinterested, as a matter of fact, with the notable exception of one male employee who was distinctly smarmy and inappropriate in his exchanges with us. Another disappointment was the room air conditioner--it blew directly on us as we were in bed, making us too cold and uncomfortable to sleep. When we turned it off, the room quickly became too warm. We finally solved that problem by taping a shirt over the AC vent to direct the cold air toward the floor. My friend is an engineering genius, to be sure, but for the price we shouldn't have to be climbing up and down on chair to rig up a modification like that! The room layout seemed ill-thought out in general: while the bathroom was very cool-looking and modern, walking into it in the middle of the night was literally dangerous, because the portion of the room that housed the toilet and shower was enclosed by glass doors, and there was nothing in the way of a night light to keep a person from walking into them! And while the view of the beach from our 7th-floor room was gorgeous, it was a ten-minute walk from our room to the elevator and through the lobby to get to the beach! I do have to say that the bed was very comfortable, and the linnens were luxurious. We also enjoyed some great Pina Coladas at the palapa bar by the pool, and the bartenders were very nice. So...is the hotel visually stunning? Definitely. Is the beach clean? Yep. Will we be going back to the Beach Club? Nope.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank mercuria15
bbcmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

We regret that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve during your recent stay. We strive for unparalleled service delivery at the Boca Beach Club, and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer. We believe that very best service experiences are genuine, anticipatory and personalized and we will continue to work to ensure our guests find that level of service at our hotel. Your feedback will help us to continue to improve our training processes, and we hope you will return to stay with us to experience the results of that work firsthand.

Kind Regards,

Ocean Lodge
Ocean Lodge
#9 of 27 in Boca Raton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa

Been to Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!