We stayed here for the week of Aug 29 thru Sept 5.
Rude and inattentive receptionist at both check-in and out. Same one! At check-in there was no one at the reception desk. There was someone at the concierge desk a few feet away taking care of customer requests. After about 10 mins, I walked over to her desk and asked for the receptionist. She told me that she could check me in! I asked her why she hadn't advised me since I was in plain view and she ignored my question... I am entitled to room upgrades by both American express an Hilton Honors. She said they had no upgrades available since I had a 2nd floor room, identical to the Lanai Rooms on the ground level and that the Lanai rooms had to be cleaned due to T.S. "Isaac" heavy rains. The next day I could see down from my terrace that several Lanai units had guests... So much for the "Waldorf" touch. In the meantime we had all sorts of technical difficulties: water leaked from the shower into the adjoining sink area swamping all the rugs we could lay down. The room safe was out of battery. The high tech bath scale did not work. The terrace sliding glass door handle broke off. The modern "Minimalist" room design leaves guests unable to unpack completely unless you are staying for the weekend. After a day or so, the safe was replaced, they brought tons of rugs to soak up the shower leak and replaced the sliding door handle. I decided to leave the scale issue to the next guest... The terrace has a great view, but if the sun's out, you will bake to a crisp until the sun moves behind the building at around 1:30PM. The terrace has absolutely no shade!!!
The food served by the pool area is quite poor. Had a lobster/shrimp roll that was tasteless. The whole resort has the most obtuse hours as far as service. The restaurants throughout the Beach Club and the main resort close at around 3PM and reopen around 6PM. The pool bar closes at 4PM unless they have sufficient clients. Should the bar thin out, you are no longer welcome. The Beach food and beverage service stops at 4 and lacks waiters. I never saw a waiter even before the 4PM stoppage. A friendly beach attendant offered to get me a cocktail and came back to tell me that he was not authorized and that someone would come serve me. Another less senior attendant did come and rather rudely informed me of the 4PM rule. Beach chairs and sunbrellas are picked up by 6PM. All this while customers are looking around for service. I have been to many resorts and I've never seen service shutdown in the middle of the day. Why would you close down on your captive customers? Should everyone take a nap from 3 to 6?
With the exception of the receptionist/Concierge, everyone was exceptionally friendly and attentive, bell boys, valets, waiters and beach attendants do a great job. It's not their fault that the service schedule is so ridiculous. It is a beautiful facility with a nice beach. The main resort is great to visit and has wonderful architecture and views.
I only got to eat at Serendipity which is a basic coffee shop since everything else was closed. When we go to resorts, we sleep till late and we eat late as well. The Boca Waldorf doesn't suit my resort schedule. I doubt I'll go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the elegantly restyled The Beach Club - a completely refurbished Boca Raton beach hotel, providing ideal access to the water. Enjoy the stunning views of the rolling waves of the Atlantic Ocean. Stroll along the white-sand shores. Just a short shuttle ride from the renowned Boca Raton Resort & Club, this oceanfront property shares all the luxurious amenities and activities with the Resort, offering endless choices for recreation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boca Beach Club, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Boca Raton
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection