“Very nice place!”

Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Just returned from 4 days at the beach club over labor day weekend. The hotel is really nice and has 3 pools and oceanfront. My only issue with the hotel is the pricing. Its a little over the top expensive.. ex $7.50 for a beer by the pool which is fine but that does not include tax/service charge(which is not a tip) so that 1 beer costs about $11 after tip. thats a bit pricey and more expensive than a beer at yankee stadium or the garden. If u can look past the the nickel/diming this is a nice resort in a great location with a nice beach and good service

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank twistam1
There are newer reviews for Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife & I stayed here this past Labor Day weekend celebrating our 27th anniversary. We purchased the Uniquely Boca package which gave us breakfast for two each day (up to $72), complimentary valet parking ($27 per night), inclusive of resort fee ($24 per day), and late (2:00) checkout. Their Summer bonus added free golf green fees ($32 cart fee), two free cocktails, and a free room upgrade. I figured our savings to be about $175 per day, utilizing this package...a fantastic value for the money. Our large (500sf), nicely appointed room opened to a furnished lanai, which overlooked the adult pool and Atlantic Ocean. Just beautiful...living in paradise!
The food and service was excellent. The entire staff was friendly and always willing to help in anyway to make our stay more enjoyable. Since becoming a Waldorf property, every facet of this resort has been taken up a few notches.
I would like point out a member of the security team, Ed Straeb, who truly "saved the day" for my wife & I. Upon arriving home on Monday, we realized that we had left our jewelry (yes, including our wedding rings!) in the valuables safe in our room. What an empty feeling we had, realizing that our wedding rings, watches, and all those birthday, Christmas, and anniversary gifts might be gone forever. When we alerted the hotel security, Ed went to our room only to find the safe open and empty, and nothing reported to lost & found. After digging into the hotel's computer records, Ed found that the engineering department had removed our safe for repairs. Ed was able to locate our safe, and using the code we gave him, opened it up to find our jewelry. Wow...what a relief!
We found this kind of dedication (to customer service) throughout the resort, from the valet to the housekeeper, and everyone in between. Can't wait to return to the Boca Beach Club.

Room Tip: The lanai rooms are ground level, larger, and have the outside lanai. Take advantage of their packag...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed at the Boca Beach Club last month. From the second we arrived at the hotel the staff made our stay incredibly comfortable. Our room had the most amazing view of the ocean and the bathroom was very roomy. The day of us departing the hotel I had locked my safe and could not open it. We contacted security and Mr. Edward Sraeb came within minuets to help us. Mr. Straeb was so prompt and took care of the problem immediately and made sure on anything else we may need. We must say the whole staff of the beach club made our stay memorable. We are looking forward to staying again in the near future. Keep up the excellent work!

Room Tip: Do request a room facing the ocean south the view in incredible.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
bbcmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

As many future guests rely on feedback from out past guests regarding their hotel stay, we greatly appreciate and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at the Boca Beach club in such detail.

Thank you for the wonderful and positive remarks on Edward Straeb from security. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We have been to several Waldorf Resorts before coming here. This one is a little more laid back, I feel. (Maybe a lot more) It is a beach club atmosphere with people of all ages coming and going through the hotel in bathing suits. At first I was a little taken but when you have a family as most guests do, the laid back atmosphere can be kind- of nice. At night it turns quiet with a very romantic feel of being in a Waldorf Resort. We found the rooms to be spacous with all the comforts that you could ask for. The views are amazing as well if you get a beach side view. We have had many meals and libations by the beach and pool on our stay. The food is very good but everything is expensive BUT you are in Boca where that is the norm! We recently moved to Boca and considered joining the beach club. We are still undecided after several visit...so something is telling me to hold off for now. There is one thing I do not like about the beach...that is the intercoastal black water and debris that comes when the tide changes. The hotel sits right next to the channel, which is beautiful with luxury boats going through all day long but I cannot stand the water when it surrounds the beach area. I have to tell you that they say it is safe and most people don't mind it because everything else is so perfect...I just can't seem to overlook this as most people do....overall a great place to visit with excellent service that you pay dearly for but well worth! Cudos to the beach men and woman....excellent service this past labor day weekend!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Loveagoodmeal
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks from 11th July 2012 with my two young children. We are lucky enough to stay at many hotels around the world and this is the first time I have been motivated enough to write a review. It almost goes without saying that the hotel, facilities and location are excellent - they are. However the real stand out for me was the staff. The customer service was amazing throughtout - the real standouts for me are Alex, Tim and Wesner in the Resturant, for the breakfast buffet,where nothing was ever too much trouble. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights have been evacuated from the Keys due to Tropical Storm Issac approaching. We paid for the Uniquely Boca package which was 369 dollars night. Ok, so we had a storm, but all the pools were closed, the beach was closed, the boat between the resorts was closed, the Cielo Restaurant was closed, the beach bar was also shut. We had 3 power cuts during the night which meant I had to get up and reset the air conditioning, or else boil. We then had a false fire alarm in the morning which got us out of bed, as water had ingressed into the fire alarm. Water was pouring through the ceiling into buckets. There was a 40 minute queue for breakfast, as there simply is not a large enough restaurant. We had to leave the resort each day as there was simply nothing to do. Uniquely Boca indeed! I asked them to review the room rate bearing all that in mind, and we were offered a 60 dollar credit plus some vouchers which we could not use, as we were leaving within the hour. Quite frankly if one of my customers had that experience I would feel embarrassed taking the full price from them, not BBC it seems. Also, my wife got chased by staff in the restaurant becuase we hadn't left a tip. She was told in no uncertain terms that leaving a tip was not optional! Quite simply this hotel is just a little bit too complacent, and certainly we got better treatment elsewhere in Florida.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank AngellBoy
bbcmgmt, Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We promise our guests a singular Waldorf luxury experience, and we always working to ensure that our pricing is in line with the quality of the guest experience. Though the tropical storm arrived and caused major inconveniences, we continue to look for competitive pricing opportunities for our guests while they are here. In regards, to the level of service you received while at our restaurant; we want you to know that we apologize and we have addressed the staff. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. If there is anything I could do for you please contact me directly. We hope that next time you are in the area; you will consider staying with us.

Alexis Newman
Executive Office Manager

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Instead of booking a summer cruise before our 8 year old returned to school, we decided to return to the BBC in August. We have been vacationing there for the past three years during President's week in February.
We were mildly concerned as to whether we would receive the same five star service that we customarlily receive in the "high' season when the rates are higher. We are happy to report that our stay equalled if not surpassed all of our expectations!
First of all, it's a wonderful feeling to see the same familiar faces who all went out of their way to ensure that our stay was special-Jake, Dimitri and Jimmy at reception, Maurice and Michael at the pool and Tim at Camp Boca-our 8 year old was thrilled to have the same enthusiastic and caring counselor. Tennis center staff-thanks!!
I also want to personally thank Wendy, the manager of Beaches, the poolside resturant.I had misplaced my reading glasses and had given them up for lost and was prepared to shell out $600 for a new pair, I figured I'd call security before going to the nearest optician. To my surprise, Wendy had found them under some beach towels and promptly turned them in, I mention this because this typifies the way the staff looks out for the guests-rare these days even in five star properties or restaurants.We'll be back next February!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ejsnyny
bbcmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor of your recent experience staying at the Boca Beach Club. I am delighted to know you had such an amazing experience with us we appreciate your loyal service to the Boca Beach Club. I am especially pleased to hear that our team members took such wonderful care of you and that Wendy Wagner was able to find your glasses. I will certainly share your comments with those team members mentioned please know they will be very appreciative of your kind recognition of their efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back during President's weekend if not sooner!

Kind Regards,

Ocean Lodge
Ocean Lodge
#10 of 27 in Boca Raton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa

Been to Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!