“We really enjoyed this hotel.”

Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Boca Raton, Florida
“We really enjoyed this hotel.”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We have been to several Waldorf Resorts before coming here. This one is a little more laid back, I feel. (Maybe a lot more) It is a beach club atmosphere with people of all ages coming and going through the hotel in bathing suits. At first I was a little taken but when you have a family as most guests do, the laid back atmosphere can be kind- of nice. At night it turns quiet with a very romantic feel of being in a Waldorf Resort. We found the rooms to be spacous with all the comforts that you could ask for. The views are amazing as well if you get a beach side view. We have had many meals and libations by the beach and pool on our stay. The food is very good but everything is expensive BUT you are in Boca where that is the norm! We recently moved to Boca and considered joining the beach club. We are still undecided after several visit...so something is telling me to hold off for now. There is one thing I do not like about the beach...that is the intercoastal black water and debris that comes when the tide changes. The hotel sits right next to the channel, which is beautiful with luxury boats going through all day long but I cannot stand the water when it surrounds the beach area. I have to tell you that they say it is safe and most people don't mind it because everything else is so perfect...I just can't seem to overlook this as most people do....overall a great place to visit with excellent service that you pay dearly for but well worth! Cudos to the beach men and woman....excellent service this past labor day weekend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Loveagoodmeal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks from 11th July 2012 with my two young children. We are lucky enough to stay at many hotels around the world and this is the first time I have been motivated enough to write a review. It almost goes without saying that the hotel, facilities and location are excellent - they are. However the real stand out for me was the staff. The customer service was amazing throughtout - the real standouts for me are Alex, Tim and Wesner in the Resturant, for the breakfast buffet,where nothing was ever too much trouble. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris D
Benenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights have been evacuated from the Keys due to Tropical Storm Issac approaching. We paid for the Uniquely Boca package which was 369 dollars night. Ok, so we had a storm, but all the pools were closed, the beach was closed, the boat between the resorts was closed, the Cielo Restaurant was closed, the beach bar was also shut. We had 3 power cuts during the night which meant I had to get up and reset the air conditioning, or else boil. We then had a false fire alarm in the morning which got us out of bed, as water had ingressed into the fire alarm. Water was pouring through the ceiling into buckets. There was a 40 minute queue for breakfast, as there simply is not a large enough restaurant. We had to leave the resort each day as there was simply nothing to do. Uniquely Boca indeed! I asked them to review the room rate bearing all that in mind, and we were offered a 60 dollar credit plus some vouchers which we could not use, as we were leaving within the hour. Quite frankly if one of my customers had that experience I would feel embarrassed taking the full price from them, not BBC it seems. Also, my wife got chased by staff in the restaurant becuase we hadn't left a tip. She was told in no uncertain terms that leaving a tip was not optional! Quite simply this hotel is just a little bit too complacent, and certainly we got better treatment elsewhere in Florida.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank AngellBoy
bbcmgmt, Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We promise our guests a singular Waldorf luxury experience, and we always working to ensure that our pricing is in line with the quality of the guest experience. Though the tropical storm arrived and caused major inconveniences, we continue to look for competitive pricing opportunities for our guests while they are here. In regards, to the level of service you received while at our restaurant; we want you to know that we apologize and we have addressed the staff. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. If there is anything I could do for you please contact me directly. We hope that next time you are in the area; you will consider staying with us.

Alexis Newman
Executive Office Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Instead of booking a summer cruise before our 8 year old returned to school, we decided to return to the BBC in August. We have been vacationing there for the past three years during President's week in February.
We were mildly concerned as to whether we would receive the same five star service that we customarlily receive in the "high' season when the rates are higher. We are happy to report that our stay equalled if not surpassed all of our expectations!
First of all, it's a wonderful feeling to see the same familiar faces who all went out of their way to ensure that our stay was special-Jake, Dimitri and Jimmy at reception, Maurice and Michael at the pool and Tim at Camp Boca-our 8 year old was thrilled to have the same enthusiastic and caring counselor. Tennis center staff-thanks!!
I also want to personally thank Wendy, the manager of Beaches, the poolside resturant.I had misplaced my reading glasses and had given them up for lost and was prepared to shell out $600 for a new pair, I figured I'd call security before going to the nearest optician. To my surprise, Wendy had found them under some beach towels and promptly turned them in, I mention this because this typifies the way the staff looks out for the guests-rare these days even in five star properties or restaurants.We'll be back next February!

1 Thank ejsnyny
bbcmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor of your recent experience staying at the Boca Beach Club. I am delighted to know you had such an amazing experience with us we appreciate your loyal service to the Boca Beach Club. I am especially pleased to hear that our team members took such wonderful care of you and that Wendy Wagner was able to find your glasses. I will certainly share your comments with those team members mentioned please know they will be very appreciative of your kind recognition of their efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back during President's weekend if not sooner!

Kind Regards,
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed three nights here in August and loved our stay. The resort was very beautiful and right on the beach! This was the best part and why we chose to stay here! The service was excellent and we would most likely stay here again when visiting. We spent most of our time relaxing by the pool and/or beach. The staff was very attentive and friendly and the hotel is upscale with modern amenities.

Pros:
1- The bed was amazingly comfortable and I never wanted to wake up! And since I was on vacation I didn't have to. I seriously could have stayed in bed all day.
2- The service was great from all staff members at all levels. We received everything we asked for. The service at the pool was excellent with food and towels easily available.
3- Our room had a great view of the ocean and I loved waking up for the sunset...and then going back to sleep in the comfortable bed. I would recommend requesting a room with an ocean view. It is worth it.
4- The restaurants on property were good with average food quality. It was nice to have access to food at the hotel. I'm certain eating breakfast in the restaurant would be great as you look out over the ocean, but I never woke up in time for that!
5- The pool was maintained well and was a great place to relax. Also, the hotel is right on the beach, so it was great for an evening stroll on the beach, a morning jog, or just relaxing.
6- There is a free hotel shuttle to the sister resort, which has additional restaurants and more areas to relax and enjoy. And more fitness activities like tennis, etc. However, the sister property is not on the beach.
7- Daily activities for the kids were great options to keep them entertained. Some of the activities were free, some were not.

Cons:
1- Most everything is expensive at the resort, which I guess is expected for a Waldorf resort. Although the staff never kept an open hand for tips, we usually felt obligated anyway. They were always very appreciated.
2- Valet parking is required and it's not cheap, especially if you include the tips every time you get your car out of the garage. I would rather self park, but this is not an option.
3- Since this is a fitness club, the hotel can get very crowded. We stayed on a weekend and the pool and beach areas were so crowded we had a tough time finding chairs, etc. Lots of kids that were not attended to, throwing water and running around. Avoid weekends if you want a more relaxing day at the pool/beach. The cost to rent equipment like umbrellas were also expensive.

In summary, we loved this hotel but got a little tired of the costs.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the ocean!
1 Thank Banshee123
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is a lovely property, oceanfront room had super comfy bed, great bathroom with rainshower (glass window so you could see through to water), service nice, beautiful beachfront. But, lordy it's expensive to rent umbrellas, buy amenities, etc! Also, beware, it's a members club so you get TONS of locals on weekends, basically forgot about getting a chair or seat at lunch without a wait.

It was terrific and nice and quiet during the week however.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CatViccer
Livingston, New Jersey
Reviewed August 20, 2012

If you are looking to relax by the pool or beach all day, and have all of your needs catered to by an very friendly and attentive staff, then this is the place for you. This is an upscale modern hotel with that true resort/country club feeling.

We stayed for two nights before departing on our cruise (which left out of Ft. Lauderdale). This was a great choice to start our vacation. Rooms were clean and comfortable and from what I can tell most had very nice views (although I overlooked a parking lot which did not bother me in the least). My family truly enjoyed relaxing poolside and having non stop waiter service bringing delicious food and creative drinks to our lounge chairs. Even when we walked a few feet onto their private beach, the staff was equally as attentive and never holding their hand out for a tip (which is a Waldorf feature I enjoy, although I usually tip anyway).

The morning breakfast buffet was so enjoyable, and you can choose to sit outside overlooking the sunrise, or sit inside the air conditioned restaurant. If a buffet is not your style, they also offered a full breakfast menu, or you can actually choose parts of the buffet a la carte (just cereal and fruit, or just pastries and juice, etc...)

The hotel offers a free bus or Yacht shuttle to its sister property just up the road. My daughter enjoyed the boat ride, and we were able to eat at the onsite Serendipity dessert restaurant. Although we did not eat at all the restaurants, the selection was quite extensive, and we look forward to going back, because everything we ate and drank was superb.

If you asked me if there were any negatives, I could probably only come up with one. For some reason, they never opened the doors for us as we went in and out of the hotel. This is a small gesture that I have been accompanied to when staying at resorts/hotels of this standard. Trust me, I was not bothered by it, just something that struck me as odd.

In summary, if you have a few days that you just want to relax and do not want to worry about leaving the hotel (like pre/post cruise) this is the place for you. Let them pamper you, and try not to worry about the price (that can only inhibit your enjoyment).

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boca Raton
Ocean Lodge
Ocean Lodge
#9 of 27 in Boca Raton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa

Been to Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!