“Couldn't have been better”

Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We just returned from 5 nights at the Boca Beach Club. Perfect stay. We usually stay at the Ritz Carlton's in Florida, but decided to try the Beach Club this time. The level of service was superior. Everyone seemed genuinely happy and were very pleasant. From Catherine at check-in to the servers ( Ashley and Sara) at breakfast, we were given personal attention. They all remembered our names and went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying our stay!
The beach club is very relaxed, and family oriented. We did go to the main resort for ice cream, and sushi on several occasions. The food was great, the building beautiful, but seemed a bit stuffy and formal. I would highly recommend the beach club if you have children. I would also recommend paying a little extra to get an ocean view room on the 2nd floor with a walk out balcony. We sat on the balcony every night, beautiful!
We toured the spa, but didn't get treatments. It looked beautiful and relaxing. The ocean is very clean, and is great for kids, no deep drop offs, nor huge waves. Great beach for long walks. This was just the perfect vacation, we will be back. Thanks to all of the wonderful staff, and beautiful location...

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Boca Beach Club on TripAdvisor. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable experience. I am especially pleased to hear our team members (Catherine, Ashley & Sara) provided you with exceptional service during your stay with us. I will pass along your comments and know they will be grateful for your recognition of their efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Boca Beach Club sometime soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Having never been to Boca Raton I was a little hesitant to commit to friends who were there for a conference who invited us up for the weekend to join them. What a pleasant surprise the Boca Raton Resort and Beach Club was.............the Beach Club rooms are beautiful and the hotel itself is pretty glamorous. I have nothing to say about the whole experience other than praise...............the staff, facilities and food at both locations - Boca Raton Resort and Beach Club were above average. Please note that the Beach Club - because it is on the ocean was swarming with children........so if they are a turnoff you might not be happy.

Room Tip: Reserve a mariner room on a high floor...........
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2011

The service upon check out was disheartening to say the least. I am a Hilton Honors member. In route to your establishment my wife & I made reservations. I called Hilton and used my used my Honor points to secure accommodations for 3 nights. Upon arrival my wife and I were treated wonderfully. The gentleman at the check in desk retrieved my reservation and asked for a credit card. He stated that $30.00 would be charged for incidentals but would be taken off if there were no charges. I signed the accommodation form which reveal no room charge because the room was secured and paid for with Honor point. However, the nightmare began at check out.

My wife and I came to lobby at about 6:00 am. After I gave the desk clerk the room keys (734) she told me that I owed in excess of $1000.00 . I shared with her the room was booked through Hilton and the points had been withdrawn from my rewards points. She said I didnt have a voucher. I told her that the reservation was made while we were enroute to the Hotel. I then asked hereto print me a copy of my bill, only to have her respond, "the printer is not working correctly. I then ask to see a manager, only to have her respond, "he will be innate 8 am. I then asked for the managers business card, only to have her respond, "he does not have any." The desk clerk was at least able to write down the manager's name on a sticky. My wife and I left in utter disgust.

Approximately 8 am while traveling home, we phone the hotel and asked for th manager only to be told that he was busy. We then called Hilton Honors and while placing us on hold they in returned cleared up the matter with bill. We expressed our discuss with Hilton Honors and they asked of we would desire to speak to the manager at the hotel. The person at Hilton stated that they had just finished speaking with then manager. However, once they patched us through we got the same treatment and have yet to receive a call from the manager after leaving our contact number.

I have been blessed to reside in some of the best accommodations around the world. For the most part the service parallel the accommodations. I hope my experience was a isolated experience. Getting the Waldorf experience upon arrival and Comfort Inn service upon departure leaves much the be desired!

June 22-25 Room 734

1  Thank Garwilliams

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and for sharing your comments regarding your recent visit to the Boca Beach Club. I am terribly sorry to hear of the challenges you faced during your stay and sincerely regret that we fell so short in our service upon your departure. I am committed to restoring your relationship with our resort and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to personally discuss your experience. I may be reached at 561.447-3823. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

So many wonderful things to report. The lobby was lovely the rooms clean and well appointed but nothing beats the service at this property. A few people really stand out, Michael Soletti in the Lobby Bar was always there with a warm smile and ready to deal with our group of 7 women celebrating a birthday. Valentine in the Sea Grille was diligent in making sure everything was perfect, by the way the scallops are to die for. We also took the shuttle to the other property which was beautiful, but the service did not come close to the Beach Club's. I can't wait to return........
Thanks for a wonderful stay, Lori Rosia

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Very helpful and friendly staff and clean rooms with a beautiful beach along with three pools give this resort top ratings. Shuttle buses run to the main resort every five minutes or so making it real convenient to get around. The $20 resort fee also covers tipping so it makes it very convenient if you are constantly getting your car from valet. The beach chairs are also free unlike some other resorts. The only thing I would have changed since it is such a new resort is putting putting queen beds in place of the doubles for more comfort.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, and for sharing your recent experience staying at the Boca Beach Club. I am delighted to know you had such an enjoyable visit, and appreciate your kind remarks regarding our helpful and friendly staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Boca Beach Club sometime in the near future.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stayed in the bungalows which were a bit out of the way and typically quiet (with the exception of 2 drunken stints by the pool after midnight). The room was huge, with a large dining/living room area, a separate kitchen and a bedroom. I was a bit disappointed with the staff. For a high end resort, I expected first class service which we did not get at all while there. There is a shuttle that takes you to the main resort and also to the beach club. We went to the beach club one day and it was like a different world. The architecture of this historical resort is just amazing. However, we were really disappointed with Boca in general. Boca was a town of strip malls! Not at all what we expected! This resort is perfect for a short getaway.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I'm a fan of Trip Advisor and the Boca Beach Club is a perfect example of why. Every trip report I've looked at - the good and bad - ring true. On our recent family vacation, we were treated to both sides of the resort. I'll start on the positive side. The resort is beautiful and the lobby is immaculate. The rooms are lovely but on the smaller side which is not surprising given the area. The bathrooms are enormous and I took design notes for future reference. The staff we encountered were warm and generally gracious and worked hard to make our stay a good one. The morning breakfast staff were our favorites as they juggled our tables and our orders. The morning breakfast was delicious every day. Finally, the beach was spectacular. This location made for one of the funnest beach trips our family has taken recently. Recommendation: Do request a room in the NORTH tower on an upper level. Do get the breakfast package.

HOWEVER, the hotel cannot guarantee your reservation request for room type. We requested a room months earlier with two double beds to sleep two adults and two children and upon our check-in were given a room with a king and a twin pull out couch. The hotel was sold out and there were no other options. Fortunately, the hotel was able to make adjustments for the second and remaining nights of our stay and we were moved to a double bed room. Unfortunately, the simple fact that reservations are not binding for the hotel raises concerns as I recommend this resort to others. Recommendation: Do Not visit during "SOLD OUT" times.

There were other minor issues which are useful to know. There are three pool but none of them are large, which during high season makes for a crushing scene. The adult only pool was the only reasonably comfortable space. The service around the pool at lunch was exceedingly slow when they were crowded. My feeling is that the hotel did not staff up for the sold-out holiday week. Prices at the beach buffet were OUTRAGEOUS considering the food. I think $19 is a bit stiff for a salad bar. Finally, I mentioned earlier the design of the bathrooms was great - the plumbing was not. Both rooms we stayed in had leaky toilets and one room had sinks that did not drain due to poor installation of the fixture - we informed the hotel at check-out.

So I'll give my cautious recommendation on this resort hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Ocean Lodge
Ocean Lodge
#9 of 27 in Boca Raton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa

Been to Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!