“safe and friendly”

Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Tuckerton, New Jersey
“safe and friendly”
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I love the staff and the location (walk to the beach) short drive to fine dinning. The Ocean Lodge has clean rooms, comfortable beds & a family atmosphere. The manager could not have been more friendly and helpful. Internet access and clean pool along with a well stocked kitchenette made my stay perfect.

1 Thank herbwitch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
stamford
Reviewed October 28, 2010

My experience was not good, but .. what should one expect at that price?
You decide -
I arrived in the evening. The office was closed. The key was in a lockbox with a code provided. The old, creaky lockbox only worke after my 6th (nervous) try.
The AC didn't work. I couldn't sleep. At 1:30, I called the # provided, the manager said he was 40 minutes away. When he showed up, he showed me that I had been using the settings incorrectly, but there was no way to have known that ... unless there were instructions or he'd told me over the phone.
The furniture was old and ratty - very worn.
The free WIFI is terrible - basically unusable.
The office was closed any time I went by.
The inner door lock was broken.
The electrical outlets were not abundant or convenient.
Do you expect more at that price?
If so, go somewhere else.
This places shows that they care - but not much.

2 Thank nifty22
MONTREAL
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Tried out this hotel not expecting much (got a great deal).. Great Hotel with a easy access to the beach. Israel & the staff are super nice..beach chairs & towels are there to be used and nothing seems to be complicated.

I travel in many countries staying in big name and high priced hotels. this is simple, easy and uncomplicated...lucky they left this one standing...keep up the good work.

1 Thank JB1308
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 7, 2010

When we walked into our room it was like a wall of smoke hit us in the face. However, once we mentioned it to the manager, he switched our room immediatly. The room we ended up in was very clean and had all the necessary utensils to cook a small meal. Things didn't like were that someone had a dog with them that was barking at 4 am and there was no one to complain to. Also, when we checked out on a Sunday, there was no one in the office so I just left the key but I never received an itemized bill or signed anything at check in. I thought that was strange but no unusual charges were made on my card so I'm not too worried about it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 6, 2010

The place was perfect, easy parking, lovely pool, maid staff were among the most friendly I have met. The kitchenette was new and the towels were big and fluffy. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. My only issue was with a squeaky bed, but as I was hardly in the room it made little difference.
I hate to tell everyone how good it was for fear that Ocean Lodge will book up and I wont be able to stay there when I return. Israel, the manager was the perfect host and he recommended great restaurants nearby.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank richie10037
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 6, 2010

You can’t bit the price. Great value; super charming small hotel; good service and staff. It is not a fancy hotel but it great if you are traveling with family or group. I am from the area and was staying with my husband and mother because my house was been fumigated that room was very comfortable and not small. Eventhough check in was at 3 o’clock I called to see it was ok for me to checking earlier, they had no problem with it and I was there at 11am. The rooms are like apartment studios. Same thing for check out they allow me to stay until my house was ready. There is not view of the beach but it is literally across the street. And the hotel is few block from Boca’s Down Town with great restaurants and activities.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Missouri
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We just stayed at the Ocean Lodge and it was an unbelievable value....$80 or less a night off season. I would drop the value stars in season (winter) when the price can be as high as $150 or more a night; then it has alot of competition locally. The room is great; a kitchenette (grocery store 10 minute drive away) more than makes up for no restaurant immediatly nearby. There is lots of space and wifi is free. The bed was a little worn and noisy (room 103) but the AC was great, the pool was clean, and the noise was minimal. The beach was a 5 minute walk away with a shower on site to wash off the sand. Close to everything- 10 minutes drive from Hwy 95. Great place, I will be back!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center

Been to Ocean Lodge? Share your experiences!