“Had a great stay :-)” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Had a great stay :-)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Ocean Lodge is a small "b&b"' not that modern but very comfortable. We had a spacious room, a bit noisy, though you get used to the sounds. Bagels, juice and coffee in the morning are fine.
Israel, the manager, is the best!
Just cross the road, 1 minute walk, there is the lovely beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Our experience began having purposely booked a ground floor corner room because of some physical dificulties. We arrived to be told they'd given that room away and there was only a second floor room available...oh, the heated pool wasn't working....and the 'on the beach' was a gross exaggeration. It was a long walk - first you have to cross a A1A... and the beach is not visable at all. The room we were shown was small and woefully outdated. And it is essentially and old motel. The staff on duty was very helpful and we left.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Martha W
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was hoping that since we were shut out of availability at Wright By the Sea in Delray Beach, that the Ocean Lodge would be similar. Alas, it was not. It was a walk and a half to the beach as there is a State Park that fronts the beach...which is good in that it protects the beach, but walking about 500 feet, crossing a sometimes busy A-1-A street, and walking some distance through a parking lot stole the thunder of being by the ocean!

Our largish, back room was dark and the large window was blocked by trees onto the next-door hotel's driveway, so not much light came in. Lighting in the room was insufficient, too. Staff were very nice and pool was a small beauty!

The continental breakfast was not very good, but coffee and a toasted bagel and butter was ok.

We did have a kitchenette which enabled us to have better options for bkfast, though.

The price was reasonable, but we would have popped for more to be closer to the beach.

Room Tip: Rooms that front onto the pool might have more light.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed in Boca Raton because we were doing business in Delray Beach. We needed to change dates of our reservation at the last minute and Israel, the manager, was very helpful with the changes. Our room was fantastic. It was a large room with two queen beds.couch, table & chairs & kitchenette. The room over looked the pool. It is an easy 5 minute walk to the beautiful long white sandy beach. There is a Publix near by to purchase food & drink. You can walk into town to restaurants and shopping. Each morning there is coffee, bagels, muffins, fruit served on the patio. We wished we did not have to do business so we could have spent more time on the beach and at the Ocean Lodge. Thank you Israel for making it so comfortable. We definitely will be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SBCATraveler
Washington DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I picked this hotel after reading all the good reviews in Tripadvisor. However, I was disappointed to find the room and bathroom are really in need of an update. It is in a great location, however, from the inside and walking around the facility it is your basic "space coast" cinder block drive up motel. My husband and I stayed in a room on the 2 nd floor. I don’t believe any room has ocean view. You have to walk down the blvd a 1/2 a block then cross the street to gain access to the beach. The outdoor breakfast area on the back was really, really nice and actually quite peaceful but that’s about it. It is not worth for the price we paid.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ViajeraDC
Harrisonburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

After looking at the website and reviews on TripAdvisor of the Ocean Lodge of Boca Raton I thought that I had stumbled upon a gem. I lived in Palm Beach County for over 15 years and never really knew of the Ocean Lodge. It's facade, on A1A, is to say the least understated. It sit amidst numerous non-commercial condo buildings with a small, oval, brightly lite sign as its only designation.

As I walked into the swimming pool court I was taken by the beauty of the pool, crystal clean, and the arrangement of the units around the pool. The location of the Ocean Lodge is terrific, just across the street from a beautiful ocean park, replete with sea grapes and other beautiful native vegetation. Beach access is very convenient and there is a cute little city street with restaurants and shops nearby. All the conveniences of Boca Raton are just down the street from those restaurants and shops.

When I got to the room, I was a little disappointed that what was advertised as a "suite" was really just a minimally oversized motel room with a seating area and very minimal kitchenette. As I laid down to take a nap I was even more disappointed to find that the windows in my room did not close completely and that the cranks had been removed so that they would neither open or close any further. The people in the pool sounded like they were in the room and the constant stream of traffic on A1A was a nuisance.

AFter a short nap I went down to check the temperature of the pool. The pool was advertised as "heated." During the four days of my stay I never saw the pool heater come on. The pool was quite cold and only the very youngest kids staying there took a dip. The pool is definitely not heated and I really think that the ads for the Ocean Lodge are misleading if not dishonest.

As the night came the noise faded and I went to bed. The bed was OK, certainly not great. One problem was that every time I moved the bed squeaked. Not a big deal, but something that could be ameliorated. In the morning during my shower, apparently someone in another room either flushed the toilet or began a shower. The result was that for a short time I got nothing but hot water, scalding hot, soon changing to all cold water. I had to stop my shower and wait until I heard the water go off in the room next door. And note that the hot water was really really hot.

The Ocean Lodge is a place that should be great with its beautiful grounds and great location. The problems listed above did not ruin my time in South Florida, but it could have been much better. With so many places to stay, unfortunately I won't be back to stay at the Ocean Lodge.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Sailorman9868
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Not terribly surprised that it is only 2 stars, but totally thrilled at the location, value, cleanliness and friendliness of staff. Nice continental breakfast, a good supplement to what we enjoy in the morning. The pool is sparkling clear and the beach, literally steps away. Clean beach towels, sand chairs and toys for the kids. Rm 102 beds were comfortable although we would have preferred a dresser over a sleep sofa, others probably prefer the opposite. Coffee maker complete with coffee filter paks, dishwasher detergent, pots, pans, basic service for 4....sleeps 6....plenty of glasses, full bathroom amenities plus extras! Daily maid service. Definitely a very good value! And for us close enough to family, far enough for privacy and we're practically on the beach!! :)

• Stayed February 2013
Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
#3 of 26 in Boca Raton
4.0 of 5 stars 835 reviews

Been to Ocean Lodge? Share your experiences!