“Very nice value. Very attentive staff!”
Review of Ocean Lodge

Ocean Lodge
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Manaus, AM
“Very nice value. Very attentive staff!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We've been to Boca Raton for a couple of days on our way from Miami to Orlando. Our party was composed of me, my wife, our five-year-old and eight-month-old daughters and my thirteen year-old brother-in-law.
The room had plenty of space for all of us. There were two double beds and the staff was very helpful in providing us a crib for the baby. I didn't even have to ask. From the moment they saw the baby, they offered it. The bathroom was fine and the beds and bedlinen very comfortable. The overall cleanliness was spotless. The room also featured a microwave oven and a small fridge which proved very helpfull since we were exhausted from our plane trip from Manaus. There are no convenience stores within walking distance.
The beach is very close and very neat, actually it's a short stroll so for young kids, such as our own you'd better bring your strollers along (I drove to the parking area inside red reef park).
The kids really enjoyed Gumbo Limbo preservation area and the observation tower.
The only remark about the hotel is that breakfast is served in an open area and it was really cold so we didn't really have a peaceful breakfast (it never is with the three kids running, crying or asking for stuff). The food was ok so we just grabbed something and swallowed it as usual.
If you need anything else ask Israel, the manager, and I'm pretty sure he'll arrange it if possible. They really made me feel cosy.
If I ever go back to Boca, I'd really stay there again!

Room Tip: Our room was ground floor as I had requested since it's always troublesome to climb stairs or ta...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jorge B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Hunter, New York
Reviewed November 20, 2012

It was a great value, convenient to the beach and well worth the price. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the breakfast adequate and I would return to this location. They had beach chairs, towels and that made it nice. Some of the furniture was a little worn but overall a good experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ctomajko
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Ocean Lodge while in Boca Raton for my son's wedding, even though my stay was only for 2 days, I enjoyed my stay. There were 3 of us staying in The White Sands Suite, and the room was a very nice size and very clean. The manager was very nice and the 2 girls that cleaned the room for us were very nice also. If I ever go back to Boca Raton, I would definate stay there again, very good price for the room also.

• Stayed November 2012
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is a wonderful value for it's location. The beach is a short walk across the street, the rooms were clean, and cozy. The small kitchenette made it even better. Although the pool was open, it was slightly cool, so we didn't partake. The only odd thing was the front desk seemed to be closed most of the time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mike C
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Ocean Lodge is a great location, clean and renovated room, quiet, easy access to the area, very easy place to stay. Walkable to beach and bike/walking path on main drag. Would stay again and recommend to others for a low key place in a busy area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Beachway34242
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Having spent my teen years growing up in Boca ( which looks much different now) I can't begin to tell all my fellow travelers what a great little hideaway the manager Israel, has created. It's a glimpse into what old Florida used to look like. And all captured within the friendly confines of the Ocean Lodge. And to top it off the beach is right across the street. White sand with beautiful azure water that is as clear as any I have seen in the caribbean. Did I mention Israel? If for any reason your itinerary has to change he will make every effort to accommodate your needs. Kindness and class are words that come to mind whenever I have talked to him. So if you need a little place thats more like an apartment than a room and don't feel like paying the typical inflated Boca prices then the Ocean Lodge should more than meet your needs......

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank phil b
Key West, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Booked 4 rooms for a little weekend family reunion. It was awesome! A hidden treasure! Spacious Rooms, Perfect for a weekend getaway. Friendly and attentive staff. The whole family was impressed. .Looking forward to doing it more often as some of the clan lives in Tampa and the other in the Keys. Highly Recommend this place!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center

Been to Ocean Lodge? Share your experiences!