“EXCELLENT pulled pork, great appitizers & late night menu!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Smokey Bones
Ranked #215 of 803 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“EXCELLENT pulled pork, great appitizers & late night menu!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

My husband and I went here for a late afternoon lunch and besides it being a bit chilly because of the air conditioning the restaurant was very clean. Our server, Nick was GREAT! There are so many choices and we wanted to try at least 6 things on their menu including building your own burger but we both got pork dishes. The pulled pork platter was so very good, they serve it dry and have 4 sauces to choose from though the KC BBQ sauce was my favorite, I got cole slaw & the roasted corn with the platter. The slaw could be better for a BBQ place but it is okay. My husband ordered the Ginger Teriyaki Pork Loin and it seemed very salty but good. There was more of a soy sauce taste then teriyaki and I did not taste any ginger at all (I am a chef & can normally taste all ingredients). The kettle chips app is worth getting, very tasty and good choice of sauces - the ancho cilantro was very yummy!

• Visited September 2011

Palm Beach, Florida
“YUMMY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We went to Smokey Bones in Wellington Fl. IT's the best Hamburger we had and the prices are reasonable. Even better GREAT Coupons,
The waiter was very nice. Waiting time was god.
Went back in Sept and the same YUmmy Great Service Waiter was great.

• Visited August 2011
Fort Lauderdale
“Big Portions - Use a Coupon”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Burgers, Ribs, BBQ and more. The food was all better than expected, and portions were sizable enough to take home leftovers. Service was just fair - The restaurant was busy for a Thursday, but not so busy that we should have waited 10 minutes for our waiter to take an order, or not be offered a drink refill. The restaurant is casual, much like a TGI Fridays, Chili's, etc. They seem to offer 2-for-1 coupons or other discounts in the Sunday paper weekly, so keep an eye open for discounts, since full prices are a bit higher than other casual options.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Boca Raton, Florida
“would not go back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

My husband and I have been there a few times and each time it gets worse. The quality of the food has really gone down. He ordered the blackened grouper which he said was good. I had the combo with pulled pork which is usually good and the chicken fingers.

His fries were cold and my food was not only cold, but the chicken was so over cooked, could not chew it.

We did not send it back because it was late and we just wanted to get out of there. Way too many screaming kids, the atmosphere is not relaxing.

I took my left over food home, which was most of the meal and then wondered why. I did not eat it at the restaurant and I surely will not reheat it. It would be even more over cooked. I threw it in the trash.

It is just not for us. Families enjoy it. When we go out, we like to relax and that loud place with hard wood chairs is not the place.

• Visited January 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I like this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

Their food is good especially the wings and ribs. But their virgin pinas coladas are more like pineapple juice with ice. They don't even put the taste of coconut. I had to return it so they can add that touch of cream.