Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
$170
$151
Curio.com
  • Pool
Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel(Boca Raton)(Great Value!)
$134
Renaissance Hotels
Hilton Boca Raton Suites(Boca Raton)(Great Value!)
$127
Best Western Plus University Inn(Boca Raton)(Great Value!)
$103
$89
Hilton Garden Inn Boca Raton(Boca Raton)(Great Value!)
$114
$105
$270
$177
Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites(Boca Raton)(Great Value!)
$89
Wyndham Boca Raton(Boca Raton)(Great Value!)
$142
$131
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton(Boca Raton)(Great Value!)
$158
$493
Waldorf.com
  • Pool
3,612 results
All reviewsyacht clubcloister roomsmonkey bargolf coursetower roomjunior suitethe palm courtthe main hotelboca raton resortold worldgrounds are beautifulbar lunaboat shuttletennis courtsbusiness conferenceritual bathflow rider
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had the fortune to be in Boca Raton this past November and decided the only place to stay would be the Boca Raton Resort. The building and grounds are stunning to say the least. An adjacent golf course provides a park like setting for jogs or strolls. My room was in the main hotel building and was perfectly large enough for a single traveler. Staff are pleasant and very helpful when asked for directions etc. There are numerous activities on the grounds to fill your days and a good choice of bars and restaurants to fill your stomach. A convenient shuttle was always available to take guests from the main hotel to the beach club and back. This property with all the history is a must visit for any serious traveler who loves old world opulence.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2014

All and all, I am extremely disappointed with my recent stay at this Hotel. I have stayed there on no less than 3 prior occasions, and all three times had a marvelous experience. This last experience was so sub-par, I will not likely ever stay there again. For what I paid, I did not feel that I received adequate service nor did I feel that the rooms were up to par. Namely, the rooms were dirty. Specifically, there were tangible pieces of trash on the floor in the closet. There was also a thick layer of dust on the ceiling fans indicative of no one cleaning them for at least 2 months. There was also a wrist band (akin to one for a bar or club) INSIDE the overhead light fixture attached to the fan. The tub did not drain at all (showering was therefore disgusting). The TV did not project any picture, but just sound. These are not details I would expect to be overlooked at any hotel. Much less a Waldorf property. Check-in and Check-out were staffed by an inadequate number of representatives. In addition, the staff for check-in and check-out were curt and rude. The young lady with whom I initially checked out (I had to go back and request a copy of my bill for my second room from a Supervisor to the first lady bc the first lady neglected to give to me as she rushed me out) was dismissive at best when I detailed the problems associated with our stay. She did not write down what I detailed for her, and I am 100% positive that she did nothing about it. I do not know how any improvements can be made or how any of these issues could be rectified in a timely manner if she did not see them as important enough to address. Sadly, as much as I love that Property for its Old Florida charm, beautiful architecture and grounds, and for its restaurants, I will not likely ever stay there again when I am in Boca Raton.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
2  Thank Snow_loves_the_beach
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My family and I stayed at the boca resort and beach club for three nights recently. We had stayed at the hotel years before and while the property is still nice, we noticed a drop in service and appeal. First off, we had two poor experiences at breakfast as the buffet food was at best lukewarm and the plates were dirty. The waiter brought us fresh bacon, which was hot and good, but we thought he could have brought more than three pieces.. The lobby is still nice and the people are friendly but at the cost per room, the furniture was cheap and the paint/tile in the bathroom were in need of an update. The grounds are nice but at $55 per day between parking and resorts service, we felt a bit taken.

2  Thank Jay E
Reviewed February 19, 2014

It is difficult to review the Boca Raton Resort & Club as though it were a unitary whole, when in fact it is a sprawling resort requiring a shuttle bus to get from one building to another, let alone to the associated beach club. We stayed at the Boca Bungalows, which are a healthy walk from the main hotel.

The best thing about our room was that it spacious: a good-sized bedroom, a comfortable living room with a terrace, a dining area with a large table, and an eat-in kitchen stocked with china and cutlery. In addition, the bathroom offered a separate bathtub and shower.

Those who stay at the main hotel and park their cars have to pay a stiff valet fee. At the Bungalows, parking is free. When you check in, ask for very detailed direction to get to the Bungalows: it’s not easy to find the right place, especially at night. Also, ask for a card for your dashboard so that the gates will open automatically for you. We heard such a card existed, but did not get it, so we had to put our room key into a slot, which did not always work easily.

WiFi is also free, but not quite as strong as one might wish it to be. I’m not sure how well it works in the main hotel.

We had two flat-panel TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. It would have been nice to have a DVD player, but there was none. The bedroom did have a clock radio that has a dock for iPods.

A golf course adjoins the Bungalows. I don’t play, so I don’t know how good the course is, but it was a relaxing place to walk. I suppose it would be wise to stay away from the iguanas, if you see one, as I did. There are also Har-Tru tennis courts at the resort’s fitness center. The Bungalows have their own swimming pool.

If you care about having space to stretch out, the type of room we had was ideal. If you are a stickler for the latest in interior decoration, then the room would have been acceptable but less than optimal.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Staff was wonderful. The room I was in, 611 I believe was dated. Hardware was tarnished, shower head was aweful, room smelled like it may have been a smoking room at one point. Accomadation was not satisfactory.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on TripAdvisor regarding your recent experience at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. I do apologize about your guest room 611 in our traditional Cloister building. I am very sorry that you were dissatisfied with your guestroom 611 in our Cloister building. There is no excuse for the issues you described in your guestroom. We are addressing your concerns to the best we can with our housekeeping and engineering team. There is a plan of action to renovate the entire Cloister building including all the guest rooms early this summer. We do hope you will give us another opportunity.

Kelly Vohs