“Wonderful stay at the Waldorf Boca Raton Resort!”

Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Husband and I stayed in the deluxe cloister room. The room had a balcony overlooking the inner courtyard. Palm trees and beautifully relaxing fountains was our view.
I love this historic part of the resort. This would not be for anyone looking for big and modern rooms.
The desk staff made us feel welcome. Housecleaning did a fantastic job keeping our room clean.
All other staff members were always friendly and extremely helpful.

2  Thank trublue09

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked a week here and stayed for the initial part of the week in a Cloister room in the original part of the hotel. The ambience here was lovely and I felt like we were being transported back in time to a more gentile, glamorous era. The grounds and communal areas here, like the palm court were truly spectacular. The problem was our room which also seemed to have been captured in a time warp and was really unacceptable for such an upmarket property. The room was very small, the fixture and fittings dated ( the sink broke after a few days and cleanliness was not really the best). The final straw was when some people checked in ( presumably on a conference) next door. We could hear every word through the walls! We complained to Steve at the front desk and he acknowledged the issues we had and immediately offered to upgrade us to a junior suite in the Tower! OMG this place is amazing, couldn't be more of a contrast to our previous room. The suite was huge and modern with the most incredible views. What impressed me the most though was the staff here who seemed to genuinely care that your stay here is the best it can be. Although we had issues, they were dealt with professionally and promptly. Special thanks to Steve at the front desk. The beach club is also to die for! I can't wait to return!

2  Thank lizziejoSurrey
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We spent the weekend at resort. We had a conference and enjoyed the resort on our off times. Espically at the pool! The pool staff was observant to our every need. The pool manager "Richard" worked very hard making sure everyone's needs were met. We will be back!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

During the summer, lunch reservations are no problem but restaurants are only open in the evening from 6 to 9 PM, so if you need to eat outside those hours for dinner, you will be traveling outside the hotel. We had twelve coming for a graduation dinner (having received verbal confirmation that a 5 PM seating would be fine from both a chef and restaurant manager), only to find that they could no longer accommodate us when the day actually arrived due to "summer hours". We were saved by the Serendipity restaurant manager, who kept her staff late to seat us. Otherwise, the hotel is a vintage treasure and it was a special place for a reasonable rate in June.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The architecture and grounds were beautiful, but this historic hotel is definitely showing wear. There are several lodging areas throughout the property. I stayed in the original part of the hotel - the Cloister - and while clean and airy, the building showed signs of wear and disrepair. Fixtures were old, doors and trim had been painted and repainted multiple times, walls patched, etc. I did make it over to the Beach Club for an afternoon. While I didn't see any of the rooms, the building itself was new and modern and located right on the beach. Wifi service was mediocre at best in the Cloister rooms and was not available at all in the meeting/ballrooms. As I was here for business, that was frustrating. Food was average and overpriced. I know this is an old resort, but I did expect more luxurious accomodations and modern ameneties from a Waldorf property.

Room Tip: Beach Club located on the beach and is new and modern. The Towers is a newer building, as well.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
BocaGuestRelations, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed that your visit with us was not as pleasant as we all would have liked. Your feedback is appreciated as it allows me to perfect our service moving forward. Please know that I will address your concerns with the key managers in the area you identified to ensure no recurrence. I do hope that you return in the future and give us the opportunity to impress you with the service.

Kelly Vohs

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel was quite the adventure! Even on a rainy day, there were beautiful places within the hotel to enjoy and relax. Every nook and cranny was meticulously designed, and every outdoor loggia different from the next. The hotel upgraded us, we were with a small wedding party, they were very kind, and the accommodations were beautiful! We really enjoyed everything about this hotel! The Spanish Mediterranean deign really gives a visitor the feel of south Florida and its heritage! we all highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The driveway leading to the resort is just lovely and elegant. It reminds me of the way this hotel was a few years back, this used to be a favorite place to celebrate special occasions....no more. It has really lost its luster. I never liked the style of the renovations done a few years back but besides that, now you can add musty odors, stained and worn furnishings and mediocre to poor food quality. So sad. Mold under soap ledge in the shower, old faded pool furniture, even the pool boy commented that he had to rig the umbrella with a chopstick since it was broken and mentioned that it was funny for a 5* (?) hotel to have such old pool furniture. I will, however, give him kudos for being personable & friendly.

It was extremely quiet during my stay and one would think this gives staff a chance to cater to the few guests on hand....well not really. I sat by the pool for 2 hours mid day with only a handful of other guests and not once did a member of the bar or wait staff come by to see if I (or anyone else) wanted anything and no, they were not busy doing other things...stood leaning against the wall talking to another employee for a long, long time. I expect this type of service at a resort.

I truly wish someone would give this property the attention it deserves.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank traveltina

As always, we appreciate our guests taking the time to share their experiences both with us and other travelers on Tripadvisor.com The stay described above falls far short of the manner in which we strive to treat our guests. I'm terriby sorry about that and committed to restoring the perception you had of the Boca Raton Resort & Club when you chose us for your visit. Given the seriousness of challenges mentioned, I have already addressed your incidences with the appropriate managers so that there should be no recurrence to you or any other guest. I do hope you give us the opportunity to return so that you can regain your confidence in our services and operation. Please call my office directly at 561-447-3786 as we would be more than happy to assist you with your arrangements and assure your next stay will merit nothing but praise.