“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Montreal
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week in February. As stated by certain reviewers, the facility is historic and rather nice. Although we checked in after 3pm, our room was not ready and we had to wait a few hours, after having travelled all day. I was there for a conference and I found that the lay-out of the site worked out well. Some commented that we had to walk a ways but I saw that as a pro-health advantage and the distance was not far. I enjoyed the outdoor pool which was well located as we were staying in the Tower. I would recommend this resort for a conference. The food was fine, the staff mostly ok and the location good. It certainly helped that the weather was nice !

2 Thank Travelat50

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

our family has stayed here for 5 years in a row as i conference i have to attend coincides with half term holidays- and being midwinter in UK, we head for the sun. We always enjoy this but at times this is despite the hotel not because of it. Its tired, lets face it , but its public face is prettier than when the makeup comes off when you get to the bedrooms. sheets/towels are fine but paintwork,colours,furniture,bathroom fixtures etc are a star or two down . the tower would have been demolished years ago (its the highest thing for miles around and ugly as sin) if they could get planning permission to replace the rooms. Having said that , we prefer staying in the tower because of the great light and the generous sized rooms. Catering is pretty good - though rather expensive for what it is ( used to be pricier but better- used to have star names like Ramsey and Hartnett but they are gone- not enough consistent volume would be my guess-) in fact it has all been dumbed down a bit over the last 5 years. Tennis, golf clubs are well run and the beach club is ok but catering v cramped with huge waits and dull food. beach is quite nice and kids can play without much danger in the shallows. Are we going next year? probably but not because the hotel is all that great.

Room Tip: towers rooms are light and spacious if tired in decoration
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mark H
BocaGuestRelations, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
It's been a privilege to serve you for the past five years and we appreciate your loyalty to us. We promise our guests a world of luxury, sophistication and inspiration. As a frequent visitor and valued guest, we will use your comments to ensure that we are continually working to achieve that ideal. Please contact us prior to your next stay so we can make everything even more special for you and your family.
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at his hotel with our family. When you arrive they charge you a $22 resort fee that no mentioned before hand. They put us in the Bungalows. Our room was very small for the price, (& we supposedly got a deal) no balcony, not even a tub. The floor actually looked dirty. When we checked in they told us someone would be there to help us with our bags. We we got there, the attendant just pointed us to our room and made no effort to help us beyond that.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel. You are just paying for the Waldorf name. Not worth it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Stacy H
We pride ourselves on offering guests unparalleled service and I'm sorry that you did not receive the hospitality we feel all guests deserve. I appreciate your sharing with us and the TripAdvisor community your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to address your concerns.

Additional training has been implemented to ensure we're doing all we can to make guests have a memorable and enjoyable experience with us.

We hope we'll have another opportunity to regain your confidence. Thank you again for your feedback.

Peter J. Serena
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

It's a shame that the service is not what it used to be at this hotel. When I think Waldorf Astoria, I think New York City and this is far from that experience, with regards to service.

The facility is beautiful, old, historic, nice.

The staff...average.

When I checked in at 12:30 AM there were 3 at the desk and only one checking in another couple. I just needed a key. I think that a properly trained staff would have at least acknowledged my existence, tell me your doing billing, but to ignore is average.

Our breakfast in the Palm Court was nice. Rafael our server did a very nice job. The food was very good.

We had a wonderful experience in the gift shop. The sign posted said it should have been closed. The lady was still in the store and when we asked to buy some water, she was very accommodating. This is the service i expect.

Now back to mediocre. When i called for my car on Saturday I was told they were only accepting vehicle requests out front of the hotel. Your busy, so am I. I expect to receive a little service, not wait in the heat.

Upon leaving today I called the valet and asked for my car at 3:45 AM. Then i tried to call the front desk for my folio to be printed. No one answered the telephone at 3:45 Am. I tried three times, received a recording and waited on hold forever. Never talked to anyone.

When I came to the lobby with my bags the valet was going to find my car...15 minutes later. Why did I call.

The staff at the front desk was helpful but the service not notable.

The cleaning staff in the halls were friendly.

The best service at this hotel is at the gift shop.

Not the notable experience i expected. I have stayed here in the past and remember better.

3 Thank Clinton S
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I think we were lucky to have been assigned a bungalow suite when we stayed on Feb 4-7, 2013! The room is large, kitchen is adequate, closet space is great. Free shuttle in and out of the bungalows was a great help. The beach club is so worth it too. The bungalow attendants especially Francisco were very nice and helpful.
Our friends were in the main hotel and I can say that our bungalow suite was much better than their rooms.

Room Tip: Get the bungalows
1 Thank Arawatbuwan
Sag Harbor, Ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am sorry to see what the Waldorf / Hilton people have done to the grand old space. The dignity is gone, but in its place there are six places to eat from high end Italian to Sushi to kid food at Serendipity. The shops are not very interesting and add to the new cluttered look.

The front desk gets overcrowded and valet gets overwhelmed from time to time.

The grounds are still absolutely beautiful and the views grand.

I stayed in a twelfth floor Tower room overlooking the inland waterway and distant ocean to the
South. Stunning! My room and bathroom were very comfortable though I found the air conditioning was tricky and the adjustment was old fashioned.

Thee breakfast buffet is wonderful in either the grand old room or in the outer salon with views of tied up yachts.
I would go back...good value for the cost.

Room Tip: I would go for a tower room with a view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SagHarborAlice
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here as part of a conference I attended.

We stayed at the "bungalows" a little off the main site, and it was definitely worth it. First, shuttles were there frequently, and anytime we needed one, the attendant would call and we'd be in one about a minute later. The beach and main property were only a few minutes away. I had friends stay in the main part (the "Cloisters") section and were complaining a bit about their room, decor, etc. The Bungalows are more modern and updated (though there were a few comestic issues with our room), the plantation blinds, the big bed, etc. were all wonderful. And since we had a car, the free parking was a great added perk.

The facilities were nice, food was decent, and the beach was quiet and uncrowded. I'm not sure if this hotel should fetch the price it asks for (and I probably wouldn't stay there if paying on my own), but it is a very nice hotel right in the heart of Boca Raton.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Wyndham Boca Raton Hotel
Wyndham Boca Raton Hotel
#8 of 26 in Boca Raton
4.0 of 5 stars 1,118 reviews

Been to Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!