“Looks can be deceiving”

Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
“Looks can be deceiving”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

The main resort, large, well equipped, beautiful common areas, is also filled with some old and very tired rooms. In fact, they are so tired that we had to move several times. My first day was exceptionally disappointing, the room wasn't ready, they never contacted me, they actually forgot about me, I had to complain loudly until I was taken care of. Eventually we moved to the beach property which was excellent, modern, clean, comfortable and an excellent environment. So, mixed reviews, the main property needs upgrades, the beach property is wonderful.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ned S
BocaGuestRelations, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. We apologize you were disappointed in your visit and assure you we will take your comments on amenity updates into consideration as we continue looking for ways to improve our guests’ experience. I'm glad we were able to upgrade you to a beach front room but apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you will consider staying with us again so we might show you the quality service and accommodations you deserve should you return to the city in the future.

Peter J. Serena

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (750)
  • Polish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed at the Boca Raton Resort for a recent conference. Unfortunately, I stayed only one night, not nearly enough time to take in the full resort, but a few observations:
- I arrived early from FLL airport (an $80 taxi) and they kindly offered me an early check-in
- Room (in the tower) was beautifully appointed and had a wonderful view of the water
- Overall, service was excellent
Only a few negatives:
- Gym a bit outdated
- $24/day resort fee, thankfully included internet access
- Another attendee mentioned the beach shuttle never showed up one morning

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank venustar82
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was my first stay at a Waldorf Astoria resort. I stayed here in early January with a large group (hundreds). I had the opportunity to see a lot of the property with all the events that were planned for us over the course of 4 days. The property is really big and beautiful. The service was incredible throughout the whole weekend. The shuttle trip to the beach is a bit of a downer, but not a deal breaker. I stayed in a Tower Estate room which was very roomy with a great view of the ocean. I also saw a Tower Junior Suite, which was very similar, but just bigger with more seating room. I also saw a Yacht club waterway view room. The bathroom was amazing, but the rest was outdated. If that's your cup of tea, you'll enjoy it, but the furniture definitely looked tired and old.

All this said, this trip was all expenses paid and I really enjoyed the whole experience. When I returned home, I started to look up room rates for this place. I can't believe people pay 400 to 800 a room (price range for the 3 rooms I saw) a night on this property, that's just wrong. All things considered, if you can get in here at 200 to 250 a night, then you won't regret it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LaL7
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2013

just unreal what three nights in a luxury resort can do for you mind body and soul. the staff was just incredible, everyone was so attentive to every detail. seems silly, but i did not open one door whether entering the property or leaving the restaurant. the food on property was fantastic and there was no reason to leave the property. the beach was great...white sands and great staff, even a lifeguard on duty. the pools were warm and yet refreshing all at the same time. russel, you did a great job answering all my question. would love to come again.

Room Tip: all rooms that i saw had a great view of the ocean
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank m m
North Haven, CT
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

It's better days are behind it. Entrance is nice, grounds are above average, spa was just ok (very over priced) but the rooms are really OLD. Had some issues with my room - one of the phones didn't work, parts of the TV were broken, toilet was rusted? For a " Waldorf" property I would have expected MUCH more. Not impressed at all and won't be back anytime soon.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank yankee12
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your candidate review of the Boca Raton Resort & Club. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us and value your feedback about our hotel decor. We promise our guests a singular Waldorf luxury experience, and I'm disappointed we fell short of offering this. Broken amenity items are never acceptable and our team will make the necessary repairs and replacements but apologize that this was not taken care of before your arrival. We are also actively looking into cosmetic updates and will use your comments to ensure that we are continually working to uphold our luxury quality. I sincerely appreciate your feedback, and I hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Peter J. Serena
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at the beach resort part. The gym, lobby and surrounding are nice. However, the room could be updated as I have stayed at Courtyard Marriott's that were in nicer condition then my room was. Also, my view was of the back... therefore no view at all.. I am unsure why they even had a room built at that location. However, the staff were very kind and the gym was incredible.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KoreanNerdyGirl
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. We take all comments from our guests very seriously, and room appearance is an area of our hotel that we are actively examining. We've shared your compliments with our team and thanked them personally for their commitment to offering great service. We hope we have another opportunity to serve you.

Peter Serena
Abuja
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very big and elegant hotel, rooms were spacious and comfortable. Good price too. Great hotel for conference. They have restaurants in different parts of the hotel that served delicious meals. Other facilities include a business center and spa. I loved it there!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple