3,861 results
All reviews yacht club cloister rooms monkey bar golf course tower room junior suite the palm court the main hotel boca raton resort old world grounds are beautiful tennis courts boat shuttle bar luna business conference ritual bath flow rider
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had stayed here years ago, pre-renovation, and it was tired and a bit musty. What a pleasant surprise to see how the property was updated, yet retains its unique feel. This is a BIG resort, so don't look for a boutique experience, but we were upgraded to the Tower, which has a pool right off the elevators and feels like a hotel within a hotel. The restaurant selection (6 total) here is fantastic and we easily could have settled in and stayed here for a month. The breakfast buffet (included in many packages) was diverse and very good. Other than a problem with wireless Internet, which didn't work until we insisted on switching rooms, this was a near perfect experience. One other thing to keep in mind is that valet parking is mandatory, so that additional cost should be factored in.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked this hotel for a romantic getaway for two and was quite looking forward to this visit. Ive stayed at a few Waldorfs before so i knew what to expect as far as service. I was greeted at the front desk by Layla and she was very accomadating and funny as well! We were provided the luxury of staying in the Yacht Club which Layla so kindly showed us through the maze of meeting rooms.

Ben, the Bell Captain, then met us up with our luggage in our rooms. He was very nice in putting everything where needed and providing us with some brief information about the property. Great team member and great positive attitude.

The room was very nice and the bathroom was quite spacious. The view from our room was amazing as it looked over the marina and the balcony was great with seating area and chairs. The only thing we didnt like was the old style full screen televisions. The beds were very comfy and we slept well.

The only suggestion we had for the hotel was that the moment that the security booth checks our car in, then the information should be immediately passed along to valet so by the time my car arrives, they know my name and do not ask for it. Its the small things about Waldorfs that continually make me come back.

Note: You do have full access to all the amenities of the Boca Beach Club as well which is qutie nice.

Room Tip: Check out some of their banquet rooms as they are absolutely beautiful!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I thought this hotel was very strange. We arrived at check-in time after a miserable red-eye flight from the West Coast looking forward to checking in and getting to our room to rest and recharge. Our room was not ready for us to check in for FOUR hours. They weren't apologetic in the least, just completely and totally disorganized and frazzled. They told us to go to the pool (good idea- it was about 50 degrees that day). I must have called 5 or 6 times to check on our room before it was ready. So here we are wandering around the resort in our sweat pants, not even able to wash our faces or change our clothes - a complete waste of a day. Finally, when we get up to our room, it's a mess. The room was about 1 million miles from the elevator and required a compass to locate with so many twists and turns around every corner. The carpet was stained and fraying and had a general air of uncleanliness. We ate at Morimotos on site which was fine, but obviously not Morimoto in Napa. But it was fine. The wedding we attended was stunning, but this is not a resort we would have ever chosen to stay at ourselves. We will not be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Melissa R
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. One of the cornerstones of the Waldorf Astoria experience brand-wide is unparalleled service and I assure you that the problems you experienced with our front office staff have been addressed. I apologize that your room was not available in a timely manner and we’re working with our housekeeping staff to on cleanliness protocols and enhancing our operations. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue, and I ask that you contact me if you have any other concerns.

Peter J. Serena

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We've been staying here for over 20 years and have enjoyed watching the changes. The spa is the main attraction but the golf course is also beautiful. And of course the location in Boca Raton, FL couldn't be better. greata for families or couples just looking to get away.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed for four nights for a conference. The room is small, noisy and old. The tile in the bathroom was very dirty, and I had three roaches around the vanity area during my stay. All the staff did was leave a voicemail asking if my 'pest problem' was resolved after I left the second one covered for them to see. That same night there was another roach. This is an expensive hotel, even with the conference rate, and all of the additional items (parking, food, etc.) are very expensive too. I don't mind paying if I am getting value, but this experience and room quality was terrible. I was by far not the only one dissapointed from our groups.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank mgatl11
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations. We work closely with a professional pest control company to proactively prevent and swiftly address any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff, and I assure you that the situation has been addressed. I'm terribly sorry this was not rectified before the end of your visit. Please contact us directly so we can gather more details and assist in making things right.

Sincerely