3,805 results
All reviewsyacht clubcloister roomsmonkey bargolf coursetower roomjunior suitethe palm courtthe main hotelboca raton resortold worldgrounds are beautifultennis courtsboat shuttlebar lunabusiness conferenceritual bathflow rider
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We recently spent four nights at resort in a Yacht club room. We had a lovely view of the Inter-coastal waterway and some beautiful boats docked at the marina.
Checkin was fast and easy. Took advantage of a porter to help us find our room as the layout of the resort can be a little confusing at first. The room size was a good value for its cost, but the decor is tired and could really benefit from some updating, especially the old televisions and upholstery. No flat screens in our room, but there are single cup coffee systems for your morning Joe. Bathroom was adequate but shower leaked badly and sink faucets were in need of repair.
Spent time at both pools. Attentive poolside service at both.
Transport between the beach and resort was easy. If you're on a hurry be careful with the water taxi. Both times we used it we waited for over 20 minutes for it to arrive.
Our only experience in the Palm Court restaurant actually didn't happen as we sat down for breakfast and were never approached for an order. People at a nearby table mentioned that they'd waited 40 minutes for their food.
All in all a very nice stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Expectations are higher when a property is as beautiful as this one. Sadly the customer service at this resort is woefully spotty. Some of the staff are terrific (concierge), but others seem better suited for another other line of work. Specifically I encountered apathetic service with the valet and front desk staff. Further complicating my business stay was the slow and inconsistent wi-fi in my room (ultimately as important to me as the bed when on a business trip).

This grand hotel deserves better.

2  Thank MarkLA123
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. One of the cornerstones of the Waldorf Astoria experience brand-wide is unparalleled service and I assure you that the problems you mentioned with unfriendly and indifferent staff have been addressed. We know how important proper amenities are and for our business travels, this includes WI-FI. We are working with our internet service provider so that this does not happen again. We appreciate you alerting us to these issues, and we hope you will give our hotel a second chance if you return to the Boca Raton area.

Peter J. Serena

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had the pleasure of spending 4 nights at the Boca Raton Resort. The property is very large, and split into two - one with a marina, and the other on the beach. Free shuttles connect the two frequently, or you can opt for a short boat ride accross.
I sampled most of the restaurants while I was there - the food selection was very good, the quality of virtually everything we had was excellent, including the pizza at the bar. Wine selection varies but is overall good.
As a result of an error in my reservation, I was upgraded to a junior suite at the "tower". Not only was the room modern, and very spacious, but the view was superb, overlooking the marina and ocean. Stunning.
The service was professional, friendly and helpful. The staff seemed to be authentically happy (not the "fake" smile you get at some places).
The Gym at the main facility is spacious, well equipped, with reasonably modern equipment. Aside from water, they offer coffee and fruit.
The facilities made available to the conference I attended were spacious, and modern. The property is large, so people could find many places to congregate, or have small meetings.
I would recommend for both pleasure and business

1  Thank Noam Z
Reviewed November 20, 2012

When the concierge sent an email saying, "please let me know if you need anything" and then never replied to the email I sent (to her provided email address) I thought I might be in for a disappointing stay. That was not the case.

This is a true resort. I have been to many hotels that call themselves a resort because they have a pool and a massage table. This is the real deal. The property is massive, offering a wide range of room types from beachfront to pretty traditional hotel rooms in the tower. They have a golf course, yacht club, even croquet. Whatever you want to do is there.

I was in a tower room. The lobby of the tower is a bit too modern for me (too shiny) but it is not gawdy by any means. The rooms are very traditional but also very massive with a large sitting area, dining room table for 4 plus 2 double beds. Everything is in great condition with the only oddity being the channel guide for the room was wrong (apparently the selection varies if you are in the tower versus bungalows)- but that was resolved quickly.

The staff is great. This is a pretty formal level of service. Expect no hugs but everyone is very cordial and very efficient. They know how to do their jobs and they do it well. They also know how to make your stay. I arrived early and needed a shower before my room was ready. They sent me to the spa (no hesitation, no charge). It really is about helping you have a good stay. And I did have a very good stay.

Since I saw the spa I can say it is extremely nice. Even the locker room at the spa is very nice.- like what you would see at an upscale club. Everyone there was eager to help, the facilites were very nice- there was even a lounge with coffee, tea, etc. in the spa.

Just be warned the property is huge. If you are in the Bungalows you will have to take shuttle to get to the main building (i was there for a conference so heard about this trip). It is no problem at all to do but the tower or Cloisters are a better choice if you want to be close to main building.

So why not 5 stars? I just didn't use enough of the facilities at the resort to comment on anything beyond the hotel. It is an excellent hotel, great for a conference- can't yet comment on the resort amenities. I was there for a conference and I can say they handled that very well.

Room Tip: Choose bungalows to get away from it all. Tower is well located for a conference. Cloisters are a bit smaller room than tower but also very conveniently located.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is hotel that strives to be both historic and ultra modern.the rooms are large and pleasant,the food is good,and the activity options are limited. I have come here several times for conferences and have found the staff gracious and helpful. I agree with the other reviewers about the limitation of resort centered activities.

Room Tip: Stay in Tower upper floor
1  Thank Bethesdashrink