“Fabulous Florida resort”

Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Fantastic combination of a luxury hotel in a mediterranean-style estate - impeccable service, plenty of amenities. I recommend visiting other estates developed by architect Addison Mizner in the 1920s in the area. Fabulous stuff !

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,501)

Reviewed October 14, 2011

Loved the service at the beach club pool. The staff were spot on. Thanks to Dowayne ,and all of the people who made our time here so relaxing. Thank you Kim for the poolside champagne to celebrate Franks Bday! The checkin process was seamless and our accommodations were great. The bungalows are a home away from home. The only complaint was dinner at Cielo. The food was just not good. Salty,strange menu,and overpriced.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
BocaGuestRelations, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review of your experience at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. I am very pleased to learn that you had a wonderful visit and will share your kind remarks with, Kim, Dowayne and the entire staff.

Most comments regarding Cielo restaurant are usually positive ones but clearly they were not performing to our usual standards that evening, and for that I apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our restaurant manager. Thank you again for your feedback; I look forward to welcoming you back to the Boca Raton Resort & Club soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

We spent a long weekend at the Boca Resort and Spa. Everything about the resort was first class; the restaurants, Spa Pilazzo and especially the Beach Club pool side service. On the first day of our stay we met Eddie Moss. He was genuinely friendly and accomodating. Eddie treated us like royalty. Right away we knew this place would be our annual "Girls weekend" location.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I will shared with Eddie Moss and the entire team. We are thrilled to hear that you and your girlfriends enjoyed your stay, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

This is a grand old hotel in a fantastic location. While the hotel is not directly located on the beach, there is a hotel operated ferry that takes guests over to its sister hotel on the beach. The restaurant choices were excellent - from sushi and Serendipity to the poolside bar/grill and italian food. The rooms were a little tired and best described as shabby chic but with the beach beckoning us, we didn't spend much time in our room. While we went to the Boca Resort for a conference, we'd definitely come back for a vacation.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Just returned from a wonderful 4 days spent at the Boca Raton Resort. The Resort was beautiful, the spa experience was fantastic, the meals were great and the staff was outstanding. We spent each day at the Beach Club pool and had our best times there. On our first day at the Beach Club we met Eddie Moss who went out of his way to make our day enjoyable. He was so personable and accommodating that we asked for him each day after. On our last day we arrived at the beach club pool to find our chairs decorated with pink and white balloons and streamers! Eddie made our stay such a memorable experience. We'll be back next year!

Room Tip: Stayed at the Cloisters...wonderful!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with Eddie Moss and the entire team. We are thrilled to hear that you and your girlfriends enjoyed your getaway, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Loved staying here with its ambience and beauty. Many varied restaurants to try but be forwarned the higher quality meant not all were on my budget and therefore not affordable. I spent my days out shopping due to the rains, and loved that part of the trip! Also, the beach area is off property and takes time to travel by their own boat or drive. I stayed in the towers on a higher floor but that was due to them not getting me a room for 6 hours. We attended a conference and my husband had to be in his classes at noon so I didn't get settled into the room till he was done. I went to sleep as soon as I got in the room. Waiting wears you out. But I must admit, that they were very nice while I waited. I spent time (dressed because my suitcases were being stored), walking around and exploring their large property, which is quite beautiful, and they have a historic tour and a guide you can take with you. Ask at the concierge desk. Also, lounged in the spa area and read all the newspapers, and magazines while sipping tea. But the weather was off and I didn't want to go off property to the beach and get rained on, but there is that feature as well. They also have fresh limeade in the lobby area to sip on. Next I would suggest you leave the property, and go shopping in Boca's many boutiques including an antiques mall nearby! Ask where the gelato cafe is, for a delicious treat, as well. All in all, the service was wonderful and the beds, and bathrooms luxurious! I am sure they are spending a fortune keeping this property in full repair! It shows and I was very impressed!

Room Tip: Ask about the shopping ($$$$), antiques mall, and gelato cafe nearby. Tower rooms on the higher lev...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your experience at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. I am very pleased to learn that your overall visit was wonderful despite the weather.

Our standard check in time is 4pm, however depending on the previous night's occupancy accommodations may not be available for guests to check in prior to 4pm. Rarely are our guests checked into their rooms later than 4:00pm. If this was the case for you, I sincerely apologize and will address this issue immediately with our Front Desk team to prevent any re-occurrences.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

This resort has some nice features and style typically associated with days long since gone. The layout of the resort is that of a building that has been added onto several times over a long period of time without a true master plan. The property is a bit difficult to navigate without the map that comes with your key when you check-in. If you are thinking Waldorf Astoria equates with opulence and luxury ... think again. I think it more aptly equates with old. We were disappointed that the resort is on the intercoastal and not on the beach. There is a part of the resort that is on the beach (which requires a water taxi or hotel shuttle to get to) but that is not where the bulk of the rooms are. I was subjected to days of their banquet food, which was absolutely terrible! Frozen fruit, disgusting sausage & egg biscuits, bad box lunches (only roast beef ... who does that these days???), overcooked salmon and steak for dinner -- all around bad. The Luna bar had a terrible wine list for a resort that is trying to convey upscale; and the Morimoto restaurant did not stand-up to the Morimoto quality I experienced in Napa just two weeks ago. My hotel room bathroom in the Cloisters section of the resort was not very clean, with the same dead bugs sitting on the vanity day after day. The carpet and furnishings were old and tired. I rate this "average" because in my experience this is pretty much the midpoint of properties I visit. The fitness facility, outdoor pool, spa, big chess set, and croquet lawn were all very nice, but I view those amenities as being above and beyond the basics of what a hotel experience should offer -- hospitality, quality, service and cleanliness. Also, Boca Raton is a difficult place to get to from most every part of the country. My suggestion is if you want to come to Florida, go to Miami or Naples or Fort Myers, but skip Boca and this resort.

Room Tip: Specify if you want to be at the beach or in the main complex where all of the facilities are.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business