“Always fun for the kids”
Review of Sugar Sand Park

Sugar Sand Park
Ranked #2 of 83 things to do in Boca Raton
More attraction details
Owner description: Sugar Sand Park features the Community Center, which houses the Children's Science Explorium and the Willow Theatre; and the Field House, which features an indoor gymnasium. Developed by the Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District and operated by the City of Boca Raton, this 132-acre park continues its commitment to enhance the role of recreation and culture for residents and visitors alike. Sugar Sand Park is open 365 days a year - the Community Center and Children's Science Explorium are closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day. Built to American Society for Testing & Materials standards, the Science Playground is strong and safe, with a soft, impact-attenuating ground surface. This surface is also the key to the wayfinding feature, allowing parents and children to pinpoint their exact location within the playground through identifying markings. The inclusive playground features new swings, slides, and an expanded climbing structure that allows for greater access to people of all ages and abilities, and greater visibility for parents and children alike. The updated interactive water feature showcases a variety of sea creatures, and a new train station-themed toddler play area has been added.
deerfield beach, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Always fun for the kids”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The outdoor play area is an excellent exercise gym for the kids. They can run and climb and then cool off in the little water area. No standing water, so it's great for the little kids. I love the carousel, but the last two times I've been there, it's been closed. The indoor science museum is the perfect way to have some fun while cooling off after the outdoor playground. Always clean and fun!

Visited September 2012
Sugar Sand P, Public Relations Manager at Sugar Sand Park, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Hi Lizmcguire44! I'm sorry our carousel has been closed - we had an unexpected maintenance issue for it the past few days and are trying very hard to get it fixed as quickly as possible - check our webpage and facebook pages for up to date information. Also, our carousel and playground usually are closed the last two weeks every August for required annual maintenance.

West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“science park/playground”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

There is only one way to get kids in and out of the playground, so only one place to watch for them leaving. It is a huge wooden enclosure, which can make it hard to find little ones, but older children have great fun running around and getting "lost." Also, when it's hot out there is a water feature. Picnic tables for lunch and parties. An indoor facility with science projects and fun things to do and try. Ususally a theme of science activities to try and learn about.

Visited July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Park- Stupid Rules”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I am here in Boca visiting with my two children, 2.5 years old and 4 years old. My husband is working while we are here so we visited this park first thing after reading so many great reviews. And it is great. They have an awesome science center perfect for many ages, even my little ones enjoyed it. The playground was a blast, they were begging to play in the splash park but forgot to bring a swim diaper for my little one- so we'll have to go back for that. But the coolest thing about the park which is front and center is the Carousel. My kids were begging to ride it from the first they laid their eyes on it. So we finally get our tokens and go to get on and the sweet lady running the show tells me that for each child under 42 inches there must also be an adult- I will have to take them on the bench- so for two kids, there must be two adults. They can not ride the horses without another adult. SO my 4 year old rides on a bench and I stood next to my 2.5 year old and we would switch next go round. Then next go round I switch them but my 2.5 year old is crying and trying to get off the bench to ride a horse and doesn't understand why she can not ride the horse. So I thought since my 4 year old climbed up safely on her own and also rides carousels all the time, I could sit on the bench behind her with my 2 year old. I am told that I have to stand next to her, but since i have two, they must both sit on the bench. No horse riding for my kids is allowed since my husband has to be at work. Not to mention if there were three or more kids. There is no room between the horses for more than one adult and besides they have little buckles and are perfectly safe with one adult next to them. I completely understand having a rule for there to be an adult with the kids, but they also have an extremely high height rule for this- my 4 year old is in the 4% for height so she'll be done with it before she'll be able to ride the horses on it. I wouldn't send my kids alone regardless, I would have signed a waiver of liability if i could, but they did not have this as an option. You try and sit with your kids on the bench of a carousel. How absurd. I will say, everyone was very kind and tried to be understanding as best as they could with one very upset momma!

Visited September 2012
4 Thank kidnurse2000
Coconut Creek, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“wonderful park!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

They have all types of playground activities(climbing, sliding,pressing buttons) as well as hands on exhibits inside.

Visited March 2012
Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Love this park and science center”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is a great almost FREE day out for the kids. We enjoy running in the several story playground, we take a spin on the merry-go-round, and we enjoy the science exlorium for a small donation. We love this place!! The kids beg to go. Even my 11yo.

Visited July 2012