“Great food!”

Loose Caboose Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Boca Grande
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Favorite with locals and visitors alike, great sandwiches, dinners, homemade ice cream in a restored train depot. Friendly waitresses and great food. We have a large, outdoor, pet-friendly patio area for dining. Lunch served from 11 to 4:30 daily. We will be opening December 26th for dinners too. Dinner is served every night except Wednesdays from 6 to 9 pm
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

I had the best Thanksgiving wrap! Great service and atmosphere. Will definitely be back on my next visit.

Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch here as our 1st choice was closed. Hubby ordered grouper finger basket. It came with 6 small fingers that were heavily breaded on a bed of French fries for $18. I ordered a Cobb salad which I frequently have salads with a gluten free diet. The small basket of lettuce was not fresh, avocados so overripe I couldn't eat them and a tablespoon of blue cheese crumbles and bacon. The mango dressing did not have much flavor. Hubby had a beer and I had a glass of wine and our total bill was $46 without tip. That is too much $ for the size and quality of what we received.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Ate here on a day trip to Boca Grande from Captiva Island. Fun to tool around the island (actually, I think it may be a peninsula) in a rented golf cart and have lunch at the Loose Caboose. Burger and fries and grouper sandwich casual island style in baskets- very tasty.

Reviewed August 13, 2017

Great food in the best location! The Boca Wrap is a must: grouper fingers, rice and beans in a burrito... delish! The Cobb salad and Grouper sandwich is fabulous too. Don't forget to leave room for their homemade ice cream: there's good reason it was Kate Hepburn's favorite ice cream!

Reviewed August 12, 2017

I've been here a couple times with a friend and the salads are really good! The key lime pies just like anywhere else you go in Florida, will be good! We sat outside in a beautiful October day, I personally do not like sitting outside in the months of May- September but sitting outside was lovely! I encourage more people to come to the loose caboose! The ice cream shop is my favorite, maybe more flavors? But hey, still wonderful! No complaining over here!