“Excellent seafood, mouthwatering strawberry salad”

Temptation Restaurant, Bar & Package
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Boca Grande
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Terrific food and laid-back ambiance in the back dining room, more formal option up front. My child is a picky and restless diner and even she liked this place. We enjoyed the seafood specials and a first-rate strawberry salad.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

Had a lovely dinner. Staff pleasant and knowledgeable. Seafood perfectly done. Love their strawberry salad. Great martinis.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

We had a very pleasant dinner at "the Temp" with friends. The place looks like it was lifted from the 1950s, with hand-painted murals of palm trees and beach umbrellas on the walls, and booths and tables,arranged in a plain storefront room. But with cloth tablecloths and napkins, low lights, and a decidedly upscale feel. The menu is interesting. The service really friendly and helpful. And the food is quite good, if a bit pricey. But it's Boca Grande, so you can't expect cheap eats. We'll return.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husband and I went to Boca Grande for the day. The beach by the lighthouse was beautiful and we wanted a good meal to nicely complement the great day...Lunch at Temptation was the perfect match! My Mojito was prepared with super fresh mint; then I had grouper fingers with fries and it was cooked to perfection. Lighted breaded and not oily at all. Their fries are excellent! My hubby had a spinach salad and it turned out better than the description in the menu. Not cheap, $40 for the 2 of us, but the service and the food were worth it!

Reviewed July 7, 2011

My wife and I recently spent a week on the island. While there, we went to the majority of the restaurants located on Boca. Temptation was absolutely the best. We had reservations and were seated immediately. Service was excellent and prompt. My wife ordered one of the daily specials which was lobster carbonara. It was unbelievably good!! The seasoning was spot on. I had a fried dish of softshell crab, shrimp, oysters, and grouper. Very good but no comparison to the special. Overall a great dining experience on the island. Please do make reservations as the place fills up fast. Do not be turned off by the outside or inside for that matter! My wife and I are native Floridians and this place took me back to when I was a kid. This place hasn't changed a thing since they started. They still have a screen door on the front, and you still walk right in on top of everyone in the place. If you don't know old Florida, give this place a shot and learn what it was all about. By the way, it's a come as you are, leave as you may kind of joint. Show up with some decent clothes on and no one is going to look twice. Relax and eat!! BTW the lol part is for anyone who has ever been to "downtown" Boca Grande.

1  Thank MasonMoses