“First time to boca and south beach”

South Beach Bar & Grille
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Boca Grande
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Great location however do not order the fried shrimp. Reasonably priced but very dry and salty. Try something else

1  Thank nbpatton

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I eaten here for years as I come to Boca Grande 2 or more times a year to fish. They have expanded the dining area but shrunk the customer service. Three thing my group asked for were pretty simple requests in most places, like can I get that fish blackened, get the same dish we had last night, etc. We got 3 knows and 2 "we can't ." Well, we won't be coming back ever again. Despite less than half full the service was slow and curt. At $40 per person it is not worth the hassle. Oh, I forgot the "doesn't make any difference it's it a tall or short drink it's the same amount of liquor but double the price."

4  Thank Tommie22
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is the only restaurant on the beach in Boca Grande and always has a full parking lot. The food was amazing and so fresh. Of course, you can't beat the view of the beach while sipping a delicious frozen drink. Very laid back atmosphere and excellent service.

1  Thank wacotxtraveler
Reviewed April 30, 2014

found this place by random on a drive around Gasparilla Island Fl. Great food and drinks right on the beach. Definitely recommend stopping in and sitting on the patio.

1  Thank Kathy J
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was to be our second annual visit to South Beach. We loved the outdoor seating right on the beach, which compensated for the average pub grub food. This year I had convinced two other families to join us. Oops. I tried to make a reservation and was told it was not possible (which is ok) and was told to come early, which we did. Upon arrival, the host (same person on the phone) would not seat us unless the third family was present. I'll save you the rest of the story, but this was the beginning of a difficult and rude rejection. Clearly the management this year was not interested in families or large groups. Too bad, we spend a lot and drink our fill. Out of principal we will not return and will take out hard earned dollar elsewhere.

5  Thank John T