“Was certainly expecting more.”

South Beach Bar & Grille
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Boca Grande
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Beiseker, Canada
“Was certainly expecting more.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stopped for lunch at South Beach and were rather disappointed. The server was indifferent and the food too. The coconut shrimp were overcooked and chewy and the seafood strudel was just okay. The Seafood Salad was excellent though. It was not busy at all but our server didn't spend much time with us. The atmosphere is great being on the beach but that doesn't save the experience we had.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank PrairieSunrise

“Just Not The Same”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Something has changed at this place. We have spent a week or two in Boca Grange for the past 20 years. South Beach has always been one of my favorite places to have dinner or a drink and appetizer. We would go several times during our stay and had always had a great experience. I noticed a difference in the customer service last year but thought it was perhaps a bad day/week. So when we experienced the same thing this year I knew something was going on. The management seemed to care little about their customers, especially when I heard him say to a customer that if they didnt like it they should go somewhere else. The food used to be fantastic, my favorite was Grouper Gaspar. This year my husband and I went for dinner, he ordered the oyster basket, I ordered the blackened grouper. Someone from the kitchen brought his order to our table ( not our server) my order was not brought to the table. When the server saw this she was very embarrassed. My dinner was brought to me 20 minutes later. All said and done $238 for a mediocre meal a drink each and horrible service. I'll have to think about that next year. Awesome place to catch the sunset though!

4 Thank Ljoyce220
knoxville, TN
“Probably won't go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

When visiting the area we usually go to another local restaurant (not in Boca Grande) but decided to try South Beach this time. Food was decent but the service was slow. For the price we will go back to our other beach side restaurant.

4 Thank Traveler672
Barrie, Canada
“Amazing how rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Wonderful visit to this area, beach amazing and great way to spend a day. However if you want to find a nice spot to relax and enjoy a drink or something to eat, don't put this restaurant on your list. After being seated at a table for an early dinner, within moments we were asked to move because they sat us at a table for 6. We were a party of four, upon asking to speak to the manager we were fluffed off and again told we needed to move. Why? Who knows but there were others that were seated and didn't have a full table, regardless the staff were rude with an awful attitude and obviously no one in charge with any common sense. After finishing our drinks we decided to pay the bill and leave. Once again the staff were shocked that we would leave after coming for dinner. There are similar comments on this restaurant which I would certainly consider before you are greeted in a similar manner. Lots of other wonderful choices within five minutes and professional in their manner.

5 Thank Brian C
Fort Myers, Florida
“Lunch at beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We were a little worried after reading some recent reviews but everything was tasty and the service was fine. You are definitely paying for the location which can't be beat. We would return if we go back to Boca Grande.

1 Thank Tennpitt