“Big Island Shrimp-Big Hit!”

South Beach Bar & Grille
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Boca Grande
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Sarasota, Florida
“Big Island Shrimp-Big Hit!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is one of the few restaurants open this time of year, and it was excellent! Right on the beach, gorgeous sunset, excellent service, perfect martinis. My meal was five star, the Big Island Shrimp, but my husband had a grouper sandwich, and he has had better. My feeling though, is that this is not a sandwich spot, they do the main entrees in a big way, that is their speciality!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank mnhsrq

Chicago, Illinois
“Rude & over priced”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Host was abrupt and rude. He needs to find a job where he doesn't nee to communicate with people. Fair food at high prices. For these prices they should have more than $5.00 chairs.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank ted o
Ohio
“The Only Beach Front Restaurant on Boca Grande”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We've been to South Beach a hundred times - but not lately. Meaning not for several years. The ownership changed several years ago and during our visit the other night - it's apparent the new folks have made some terrific changes to the place. The menu is expanded and more varied. And more interesting. I had the Boca Chowder (that stock pot has been going for years - it's always great!) and the penne ala vodka. I love pasta and have had every pasta dish at every restaurant on the island...this dish is the best of them all! It was savory, the chicken (which I added) was juicy and there was lots of it, and the sauce was light yet zesty. I'm getting hungry for it just writing this! Add that South Beach is the only place on the beach on the island - and you get a really good combination. Nice going - new owners. South Beach is back on our regular island rotation.

• Visited August 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Try the scallop salad, there is none better!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had dinner here after a day of playing with the Dolphins which was a true highlight of the trip. After eating this amazing salad for dinner, this day was truly one of the tops of all my travels. The place has great ambiance, located right on the beach, and my dinner was really one of the best meals I have ever had in my life. Scallops are hard to do well and they did them better than I ever knew possible. Kudos to the chef and staff was fun and enjoyable too!

• Visited May 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
“ALWAYS Good !”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

By far, the best place to eat on the end of the Island. We've been coming here since 2008 when we moved from Ohio to Florida.
My husband and I eat here for lunch before heading out to the beach for the day. And sometimes, we go back in for a beverage to catch a game before heading home.

The food here is spectacular! Everything we've tried is so delicious... salads, sandwiches, brunch items. Food always is plated to look appetizing... portions are generous!

Music on the outside deck.... always fun, too!

• Visited July 2013