“Enjoyable lunch!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Florida
“Enjoyable lunch!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We used to eat at this restaurant YEARS ago when it was called Laff-a-lots (before the road washed out between the restaurant and the Gulf. So, we tried the "new" place today (off-season, mind you) and had a wonderful lunch with friends. Parking was not an issue this day (it must be tough for them to monitor their small lot with everyone trying to use it just for beach parking), we sat inside (because it was quite warm outside), had the friendliest waitress, quick service, and very good food. I had their special grouper sandwich (yummmmy) and everyone else had burgers. We started off with an order of onion rings and they were super - and a huge order - plenty for four people! We would definitely return.

• Visited July 2013

“Staff would not allow to park”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Have tried this establishment once every seven years with poor experiences each time. On this evening I attempted to park in the only parking spot available. A member of the staff came out and told me I could not park there and directed me to park In a handicap space. I told the staff I was not handicap, he did not care. Surprising that a restaurant located in this area would be so unconcerned with handicap parking.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Luv2eatfoood
“Underrated & Great view!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I've visited South Beach many times and each time it gets better and better! I think that many reviews for this place are quite unfair and rude. Last time I visited, on July 7, 2013 I got the Fried Calamari and the Sesame Tuna Entree. Both were very good and the service was friendly and happy to serve us. But the view and location is what has me raving. The view of the sunset is perfect every night and the patio area is a great place to take photos. However, you have a good view of the sunset from every table in the restaurant. The restaurant is facing westward, over the beach so that you can always get a beautiful view of the sunset. The location is also wonderful. South Beach is right on the beach. A fun day on the beach can be ended by a lovely dinner at South Beach with little effort at all. South Beach is one of the best places to go in Gasparilla Island.

Visited July 2013
Cleveland,Mississippi
“Fire the Manager”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

we brought in 6 tables of 4-6 people, not kids but adults, the food is good, the service was above average,my only beef was the manager(?owner) treated us like a bunch of kids on spring breakand at 56 those days of destroying restaurants is long behind me.Take him out of the picture and you had an average meal, but he left areally bad taste in my mouth where the average bill at my table was >40 dollars a person.However if you want abeautiful beach view ,this is your place.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank dlw1955
Naples, Florida
“Great location and good food”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is our second trip to Boca Grande and same with South Beach Bar and Grill. It doesn't look like much as far as decor, but the food each time has been tasty and it's well run. We shared coconut shrimp and had a CaronaRita (nice and funky presentation). Also had their phyllo wrapped seafood entree. Very good. Of course, the best aspect is the glorious view beachside. The restaurant staff was friendly and efficient even on a busy day. I'd gladly return.

• Visited June 2013