“A-okay”

Boca Boat Cruises
Ranked #4 of 18 Tours in Boca Grande
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: 31' Eastern Boat, holds 13 passengers for an intimate lunch or sunset cruise. While traveling through the Boca Bayou and Boca Grande Isles our captains will point out different homes and businesses of interest, along with any wildlife we see. Usually dolphins jump in our wake, so make sure you bring a camera. Some of our normal destinations include Cabbage Key, Useppa, and Captiva islands. We also do private tours upon request.
Athens, GA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“A-okay”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The captain and mate were great. Went to Cabbage key this, but have previously been to Useppa (enjoyed Useppa much, much more). Informative talk given on the way there. Always felt safe, always felt that they were highly competent.

Visited July 2013
Ralph Y, Boat Captain at Boca Boat Cruises, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Ray, thank you for the kind words about Boca Boat's crew. We all work hard trying to insure everyone has a good time, and also learns a little about the area. Cabbage Key is a fun restaurant with dollar bills on the wall, but I agree with you Useppa is great. I enjoy the orchards, lush vegetation and the old photos in the Collier Inn. Thank you for taking another trip with us and we hope to see you soon again. Capt. Ralph

Cincinnati, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“There is no better dolphin experience than this!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were in Boca Grand for a 50th birthday celebration and I heard we were going on a dolphin cruise which sounded like fun. I have swam with the Dolphins several times and really loved getting in the water with these amazing creatures, a real thrill for me as I adore Dolphins and their ability to connect with people. Well, we took our crew of 12 and headed out for what I expected to be a Dolphin cruise with sightings occasionally. I was truly amazed when we had at least 10-15 dolphins following us in our wake! Not only in the wake but literally 4 feet from the back of the boat. You could see the enthusiasm in their eyes as we yelled and clapped for them as if we were the highlight of their day! Truly amazing experience and the owner is a doll. I will recommend this to all of my travel clients as a MUST SEE experience while in Boca Grand, great value and amazing once in a lifetime experience. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it!

Visited May 2013
Ralph Y, Boat Captain` at Boca Boat Cruises, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Kristin, I'm glad Boca Boats could add to the 50th birthday celebration. We enjoy showing off the area, and especially love pointing out the wildlife in the area. Naturally the dolphins don't need any introduction as they are jumping very close to the boat. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you on the boat in the future. Capt. Ralph Young
Illinois
“We take a ride on Boca Boats every time we're in Boca Grande and love it each time!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We're in Boca fairly often as we own a house here. The Cabbage Key or Useppa day trips are always fun to take friends on. You won't see a better dolphin show anywhere! My kids just love it- fun for all ages. Captain Ralph and First Mate Marla are extremely knowledgable and friendly. Have also done the Sunset Cruise- that's awesome too. Book early, though, especially during peak times.

Visited March 2013
Ralph Y, Boat Captain at Boca Boat Cruises, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments, and thank you for being a loyal customer. We have such a great time on the boat ourselves, that it becomes contagious to everyone else. Marla and I have worked on the boat for several years together (in addition to husband & wife), and constantly try to find new information we can pass along to our passengers. Marla and I look forward to seeing you and your friends in the future. Capt. Ralph
Venice, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Boat cruise to Cabbage Key”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We took this trip and the captain and mate were very friendly. Had a bit of a time finding out where to get on the boat. The boat seats 13 and makes the trip more personal. Really enjoyed it. We came across two seperate dolphins groups and they followed the boat and gave us a delightful show. Would reccommend this trip when you are in the area...

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Peg S
Ralph Y, Captain at Boca Boat Cruises, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Peg, thank you for writing a review on your trip. We never get tired of seeing the dolphins jump in our wake. Over the last 6 years I've only had two trips where we didn't have dolphins jumping, and I still smile every time I see them. Please come back and visit again. Capt. Ralph
Sudbury, Massachusetts
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Fun excursions, wonderful crew, lots of dolphins!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We took a Sunset cruise with our 2 daughters and loved it. Capt. Ralph and Marla were warm, welcoming, professional and knowledgeable. The size of the boat and the # of people it takes makes the experience relaxing and unlike most activities that include the words "cruise" or "tour". We saw tons and tons of dolphins and learned a bit about the area. I highly recommend this experience.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Ashley S
Ralph Y, Captain at Boca Boat Cruises, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Ashley, we did have a great time that evening, and the dolphins were very plentiful. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Capt. Ralph