“There is no better charter company than REEL INTENSE!!!”

Reel Intense Inshore Charters
Ranked #1 of 19 Tours in Boca Grande
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Captain Chris Slattery is a Southwest Florida charter fishing guide who brings his expertise to Boca Grande Tarpon Fishing and Inshore fishing in Boca Grande, Englewood, Palm Island and surrounding areas. Captain Chris has been fishing for over 20 years in SW Florida and has placed in the top five of many tournaments, including the first place in the 2011 Guy Harvey Ultimate Shark Challenge, a first place win in the Flatsmasters 2012 Elite Redfish Series and tie for Team of the Year in the 2012 Redfish Series. My fishing experience in Boca Grande Pass and Englewood is unparalleled and since I have two young children of my own, I welcome a kid friendly fishing environment. FISH ON!
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We fished on March 25, 2014. Even though weather reports were bleak, Captain Chris knew better & took us to his known areas were we enjoyed optimal fishing in nice weather. It was a fantastic way to spend the day with the entire family. Both my sons (22 & 12 years) had a great time, as did my husband & I.(Don't forget: "Women bring luck to the boat!"). Captain Chris is fantastic with kids and shares in on the fun.

We caught many Red fish & a lady fish as well. We kept 2 that Captain Chris cleaned & filleted for us once we got back to dock. I highly recommend spending at least half a day, if not more when in Florida.

Thank you Chris! We look forward to seeing you again next year!
T. Brown - Whitby Ontario, Canada

There are newer reviews for Reel Intense Inshore Charters

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had a great time with Captain Chris catching 17 huge redfish ... all but one too big to keep, but ONE was enough at 26" for us! He did know all the secret spots and he did have an amazing ability to cast, as others have said. He gave us a great day. Our only difficulty was finding the place, which was not in view ... it was behind a building. That may have been explained somewhere but it didn't sink in and caused us initial distress as we drove all over looking. Otherwise, a fantastic experience. :)

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Spent a week in Boca Grande March 22-28.... had weather fronts coming and going every other day with a low pressure zone and cold, windy weather that seemed to linger... slowing the fishing.

Despite the weather, Chris brought us to several 'private' fishing places... with no other boats in sight... despite the high number of charters in the area. We ended up catching ~15 redfish... 13 of which were over the 18-27" limit (great fighting fish)... and 2 keepers just under the 27" limit.

Chris kept moving and testing different areas... and has a strong knowledge of fish movements in the area.

Also... when we first saw Chris' boat... we thought it was very different than others.. .given it's shallow draft. After a couple hours on the water, we understood the value of the ultra-shallow draft boat as we were fishing the flats with in less than a foot of water... and getting a constant flow of hits as the tide rolled in.

Highly recommend Reel Intense... it always pays to go with someone who knows a little more than most others... and has the equipment and knowledge to get you into the more unique fishing areas...

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Capt Chris is a super guide. We went out in weather that wasn't at all optimal for catching Redfish and still caught some HUGE Reds. He was very friendly and taught me a thing or two as well. One of the best guided trips I have had. I highly recommend Capt Chris.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My husband and 2 sons - ages 14 and 12 - fished with Capt. Chris during the second week of March. They are avid fishermen in Canada and have always wanted to try for redfish and snook. Capt. Chris was very knowledgable and experienced and made it very easy for them to catch their target fish. Just to make it that much more memorable, the boys got to fish for bull sharks at the end of the last day and had an absolute blast! Thanks again Capt. Chris - we will be back!