The Boca Grande Resort
  • Pool
Sun Coast Inn(Englewood)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsgolf cartfishing pierisland decortommy bahama styledirect tvabsolutely stay here againthe entire islandr rgreat place to staycomfortable bedrestaurants and shopsbeach accessgulf of mexicoshort drivenice poolmarinagasparilla
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at Boca Grande Resort - this is our third time at this property. Welcome and check in are always a strong point here. Rooms are well appointed and in great shape. The property has several restaurants on site and they are above average - We did Serendipity for lunch 2x, and dinner in the restaurant at the top of the tower rooms. All were very good.

service in the bar area our first night suffered (this was the only weak point). we sat down at about 10pm and they were at 40% capacity. 5 waiters or waitresses walked past us and finally 15 min later we decided to go up to the bar and order. A bit disappointing given this level of this property but these things can happen.

Spa was exceptional. Great services, nice setting. Workout facilty is on the grounds and way above average.

All in all, a great choice if you are staying in Boca.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are newer if that is your preference. Ask for one at reservation time.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chris L
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great little hotel on Gasparilla Island / Boca Grande. I wasn't expecting much from this property, but I was just looking for a room on the Island and the other nearby hotel was booked up. I was pleasantly surprised when I got there. Its a small hotel, maybe 20 rooms or less and it is in a strip mall, BUT the surrounding businesses actually made the experience better and the rooms, though few were nice. They seemed freshly updated and were very clean. I requested an early checkin and it was given at no additional charge. The manager greeted me in front of the property as I walked up from my car and told me my keys were already under the mat in front of my room.

Cons: From other reviews and somewhat from my experience, I don't know if they are staffed 24/7. I got the feeling that after I arrived, the office staff was going home for the evening at 3pm. This wasn't an issue for me, but I could see how it might be. It would have been nice if my room had a mini-fridge. Other than that, no complaints! Its not the Ritz, but it was much nicer than many beach hotels I've been to and the staff seemed very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank wlowe
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Boca Grande Resort (BGR) is a wonderful, small hotel on Gasparilla Island, Florida. It has exactly what I look for in a vacation property: great location, nice rooms and a reasonable price. The BGR is at the North end of the island with Boca Grande further South. The property has both a Tiki Bar, that serves good bar food, cold beer and ice cream; and a Thai Restaurant that provides a nice change of pace from other local restaurants. Behind the BGR is a marina where boat docking and fuel is available; plus access to the Boca Grande Fishing Pier where you can try your luck for the famous Red Fish, Snook and Gag Grouper found in the local waters. The hotel rooms (King or Q/Q) are all located off an atrium on 2 stories. They are larger than average, nicely decorated and in good condition. They also have a pool, open during daylight hours. Another big plus for me was the very helpful and considerate attitude of the BGR Manager, Doug Meeker. Last weekend we had all their rooms for a wedding, and all were very satisfied with their stay.

Room Tip: Call Doug at the Hotel for any special needs - (941) 964-4443. He can be very helpful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Allen P
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the Boca Grande Resort and I really enjoyed the time at the property.

My room, located on the 2nd floor, was very inviting. I loved the decor!

The 2 plush queen beds are so comfortable, linens were crisp and smelled so good. I slept so well! My bed was made every day.

The photos on their website do not do them justice, it is much better in person.

There are a few services but it is not really a resort as the name implies. The day I got there the restaurant was closed but wished I had given it a try.

You will find a Marina at the back of the hotel. I was lucky to see the sunrise from there ;)

The biking path that crosses the entire island starts there. I did a bike tour from there all the way to the lighthouse!

Overall it is a great place to stay, very good value and is a great place to explore Boca Grande.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Karla A
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Unfortunately cannot give a great review... Room was dirty, one day it was altogether forgotten and as the reception is not staffed consistently, it was difficult to get fresh towels, as our towels were gone, only sign that staff had entered the room... Yes little stores and Tiki Bar, beach and Florida in proximity but if by chance you lock yourself out of your room, good luck getting help!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple