I've been going to the Gasparilla Inn for quite some time now. It's a great family place with beautiful scenery. But, it's a tad waspy.
You'll see many a Lily Pulitzer dress and quite a few polo shirts with the collar up. It has that old time, classy charm to it though. You feel like you're in the 1950's when you're going down the grand staircase to the lounge before dinner. And teatime is always deeply anticipated. The pool is lovely, and the food is FABULOUS! You have to go at the right time of the year though (beginning of Spring). I never get tired of going to Gasparilla.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gasparilla Inn & Club is pleased to welcome you to relax and enjoy one of the oldest and most unique premiere destinations on Florida’s Gulf Coast. Opened in 1913, the historic Inn has always greeted guests with warm hospitality, a tranquil atmosphere and a picturesque setting. Guests are offered a host of spectacular resort amenities and activities while basking in the Florida sun and enjoying the Inn's "old-Florida" charm. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Gasparilla Inn & Club Hotel Boca Grande
- Gasparilla Inn And Club
- Gasparilla Hotel Boca Grande
- Gasparilla Resort Boca Grande
- Gasparilla Inn Boca Grande
- Gasparilla Inn Florida