The Gasparilla Inn is a great place for a staff retreat or a business venue and especially for Golfers, as the competition grade golf course is right out the back door. (i am not a golfer) The Inn is very well maintained and everything is clean and tidy. Room size is good and overall it is a beautiful place. Service is great.
It's just in the middle of nowhere and even though there is a really nice pool, there is not a whole of a lot to do. Play golf, fish or sit on the beach or at the pool. No kids so my 6 year old was really bored.
Even going off the Island there is really nothing to see or do. Sarasota is an hour and a half away. That would be the nearest city.
So if you love golf this is your place to go!
Overall everything on this island is expensive, simply because there are only a few places to eat and drink and they all charge high prices.
Kids Hotdog was 10 dollars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gasparilla Inn & Club is pleased to welcome you to relax and enjoy one of the oldest and most unique premiere destinations on Florida’s Gulf Coast. Opened in 1913, the historic Inn has always greeted guests with warm hospitality, a tranquil atmosphere and a picturesque setting. Guests are offered a host of spectacular resort amenities and activities while basking in the Florida sun and enjoying the Inn's "old-Florida" charm. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Gasparilla Inn And Club
- Gasparilla Inn & Club Hotel Boca Grande
- Gasparilla Hotel Boca Grande
- Gasparilla Resort Boca Grande
- Gasparilla Inn Boca Grande
- Gasparilla Inn Florida