“Great lighthouse and scenic views good for sunset”

Gasparilla Island State Park
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Nice place for a walk on the beach with scenic views and a really pretty lighthouse. Good for sunsets as it faces West.

2  Thank Eaglet64
"toll bridge"
"beach area"
"old florida"

Reviewed November 12, 2014

I went here on October 27th with my family and my fiancee, and I had some of the most fun I've ever had while walking on the beach. I was hunting seashells, walking with my fiancee at the edge of the water, and we just had a blast. The only thing that I can suggest is to watch out for jellyfish.

1  Thank Marty R
Reviewed November 11, 2014

Great place for shelling, nature and people watching and just enjoying the sights and sounds of the fishing tournaments when they are in the pass. Don't forget to see the Lighthouse museum call for hours of operation before coming onto island so you won't be disappointed if they are closed .

1  Thank Naiflorida
Reviewed November 6, 2014

M wife and I took a day trip to Gasparilla Island and really enjoyed it. We went through the museum at the state park and did some shelling while out there....and were checked out by a dolphin the came in really close to us!

1  Thank terry p
See more reviews
Reviewed September 26, 2014

The beach is very beautiful. There are a lot of shells on the shoreline, the water is clear and blue. You can relax on the beach, or take a walk towards the lighthouse and check the tiny museum inside. Entrance is free.

There is a toll on the bridge in order to get to this island/key, btw. Make sure to bring cash: 10 dollars I think, was the toll fee.

About 5-10 mins. from the beach is a little town. We stopped by for ice cream, but there are other family-owned restaurants and business in the vicinity. The town isn't so big, a good size for a nice walk.

1  Thank GemLangfelder