“Nice and quiet beach”

Gasparilla Island State Park
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Boca Grande
Reviewed January 9, 2013

There are several places to park in Boca Grande as part of the Gasparilla St Pk system. I parked at the first one after 'downtown', and it was more crowded than some of the others. The next most crowded was the one farthest south. But there seemed to be plenty of spots to park. It was January, a weekday, and not very crowded. Which was nice. If you are not from this area, these beaches have a lot of shells, for those who like to collect. There are bathroom facilities in more than one parking area and at the very south end. There is an eatery close to the main park, but other than that, food and drink can be obtained in the 'downtown' area.
To get on to the Island, costs $6, and parking is $3. So the almost $10 price, may keep visitors away. Which is good if you like to come to the beach and not feel over crowded. The water is beautiful, and I found the Island very clean. I brought my bike, and rode the bike trails (golf cart road). They are privately maintained, so they are beautifully landscaped and well maintained. The Island is only about 7 miles long, so the trails are not a long distance, so easy to do. When I stopped at the beaches, I did not even lock my bike up, because it felt like a safe environment.
Outside of walking next to the golf/bike trails, there are no nature trails on the Island. But there are plenty of beaches to walk down to make up for that.
If you want a clean, and quiet beach to spend a few hours, you should try this State Park.

3  Thank maxona
There are newer reviews for Gasparilla Island State Park

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Liked the fact that I could watch boats and small ships going in and out of the pass. Liked that I could watch everyone fishing, but me! Very nice and wild place to take the kids. We even saw a jellyfish that had washed ashore!

1  Thank fisherwoman17460
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our walk along the shoreline here. Shells are washed up in piles along the shoreline. Quiet and peaceful in December. We were in the area close to the lighthouse. It did not look a good place to swim as we saw a pretty large whirlpool. There was a sign warning folks not to swim because of the strong currents. A very pleasant way to spend an hour or so walking around.

1  Thank P D
Reviewed October 23, 2012

It is breath taking on the gulf coast....so lucky that this is near my home base of Punta Gorda. We trailer our boat out to Placida boat ramp often and make our way out through Gasparilla Pass......simply gorgeous. On our way in from spearfishing in the gulf we always make sure we stop on the beach in Gasparilla to snorkel and gather the beautiful shells and coral we find. My all time favorite spot.

1  Thank pickygirl4682
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We enjoy going through this museum, but enjoy the shelling and turquoise water and great fishing.

1  Thank Dyan_123