“Healthy But Not Good”

Good Food Conspiracy
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Big Pine Key
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The food is certainly healthy here in this cramped, old fashioned style health food store. There were many customers on line to check out which was also where restaurant orders were placed. Despite the customer back up, the checker engaged in several lenghty conversations. After waiting for about 20 minutes, we got to place our order.

My husband and I were very hungry after hiking. We both ordered the large hummus and avacado sandwich. I ordered a mango smoothie. Seating was outside. At first I thought I had made a wrong turn as it looked like a dumping ground. Empty cartons were stacked in high piles and the tables and chairs looked like thrift store rejects.

When our lunch came, I got no mango smoothie. Our server, who had taken our order, stated that she had forgotten it and then added that they were out of mangoes anyway. Our sandwiches were indeed large, each on a whole wheat tortilla which seemed a bit stale. I doubt very much that there was more than i tablespoon of hummus on my sandwich and only 2 small slices of avacado but there was a very generous (at least a cup) amount of raw choppped red and green peppers. This did not make for a tastey meal.

The store was well stocked with health food items. Perhaps it would be worth it to wait on the check out line with groceries but I certainly would not advise eating the restaurant food if you want a tastey meal.

2  Thank nobadtrips

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great healthy food. It is important for us to know this place is close to where we stay and we can purchase "natural" foods. it is tucked in a tropical spot where you can grab a lunch and sit or take the lunch to the beach. Smoothies are delicious and we had the hummus wrap and they were great at substitutes for my food allergies. Fresh organic orange juice is worth the price.

2  Thank warriorwomanFlorida
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The pace is mellow and the fragrance is standard health food store fare, with the scent of grains and powders and nuts and crystal power flowing out the door. This place is notable because it's focused on health. I had a half order of the tuna melt sandwich, and every bit seemed to have some new vegetable or accent of something fresh. I got that and a two-fruit smoothie (mine was banana and blueberry) and then drove a few miles to the Key Deer hangout and just sat and ate and watched the deer. I suspect I broke their hearts when they saw me eating and I didn't feed them, but feeding them is against the law.

The place is a bit set back from the road – forget the name, look for the words "juice bar' and 'health food' as you whiz by on the highway, but if you want something healthy in the fried fish frenzy that is Key West, stop by.

=

2  Thank TheBlitz
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you are looking for healthy options, this is the place to go. They have sandwiches, soups, cookies, cakes, snacks, and a grocery so you can get an assortment of items to bring home with you as well.

1  Thank BPKfoodie
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Good Food is a helth food store and cafe with a secret little garden out back. Everyday they offer a few delicious soup options and great wraps- go the the EVERYTHING wrap with a rainbow of fresh veggies, tuna, raw nuts, sprouts on a toasted fresh wrap with a lemon tahini dressing!

1  Thank sandytuttle