“Not what is used to be”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Not what is used to be”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Cracked Egg was one of our favorite breakfast places. Each time we visit the Keys, it was a must to stop there a few times. I was disappointed with our last visit. The food was just not as great as it used to be. Maybe it was just an off day for the cook ? Still serving very generous sized portions, and the service was very good.

• Visited July 2013

“Good Place for a Big Breakfast”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have eaten only breakfast here. It's very good, and the proportions are large. The wait staff is nice, if a little eccentric. They resemble aging hippies! However, the food is good. A real Keys atmosphere!

Visited July 2013
Coral Springs, Florida
“decent”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

It's an old school diner, for sure. Food was great but the service was incredibly slow. Seemed like the regulars got faster service. When I say incredibly slow, I mean it. My 9 yr old was even peeved and even to get our order, when the waitress came up my wife couldn't resist saying "finally". It was bad. She was great with my coffee refills but everything else from taking our order to getting the food to getting the check to her picking up the check and credit card was extremely slow. Food was very good but I don't think we'd return. There are many other places and I think if we're ever stopped in that area of the Keys again, we'll hit Big Pine Restaurant instead.

Visited June 2013
Alabama
“One of our favorite spots to grab a bite in BPK.”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Title says it all. Friendly staff and great service! Food is priced just right. Feels like an old time diner inside.

• Visited July 2012
Miami Dade
“Sweet and good”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

When you are in the Keys and in Big Pine Key,stop over for breakfast at the Cracked Egg. The food is very good and the service is too. The ladies take your order with a smile and friendly talk and the food is southern style breakfast.
I recommend it