Good Lord, $275 for this. The current manager by the name of Eric was on staff there when we went the week of December 19, 2012. Whoever created this building in the beginning did a fabulous job because the design and everything is creative, funky and wonderful. But Eric, well.... he appears to be doing the minimal amount of work to just get by between hangovers. One night, he and the girlfriend (works at the local bar) had a party right outside our room, thanks. I was awake half the night. Everything is in disrepair and I see this lasting only a short time longer before somebody comes along and closes it down. Such a shame because the building itself is wonderful!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Barnacle! We are a bed and breakfast in Big Pine Key, FL which is about 30 miles from Key West. Our place is peaceful and very quaint. A perfect place to get away from the hustle of everday life, but still close enough to Key West to enjoy a day downtown. We pride ourselves on making your stay the most memorable and relaxing experience that you have ever had at a b&b, with excellent gourmet breakfasts and bbq's in the evening to reflect on the days activities while you watch the sun sink into the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Barnacle Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barnacle b&b
- Barnacle Hotel Big Pine Key
- Barnacle Bed And Breakfast Big Pine Key, Florida Keys