Big Pine Key Motel
Parmer's Resort(Little Torch Key)(Great Value!)
$183
  • Breakfast included
$154
Sugarloaf Lodge(Sugarloaf Key)
$140
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$192
$179
Hyatt.com
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$179
$369
$203
$167
Hotels.com
Skipjack Resort Suites & Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$159
$161
$135
$169
$127
HIExpress.com
All reviewskey westother hotelsopen for breakfast and lunchchinese restaurantmin drivegreat place to staybring your ownmicrowavefrigeboat
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were very happy with our last minute find. My brother and his family were staying at an over priced KOA nearby. Perfect for what we needed a place to stay. Room was clean, small frig added to our comfort. Happy to find our GPS charger waiting for us when we relaized it was missing. Nothing fancy no frills clean place to sleep and shower was all we needed and it fit the bill perfectly for the price! This was a couple years ago but we hope to return this summer.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank snorkling
Reviewed May 21, 2012

It's not fancy, but it's a good deal. We stayed for two nights on our trip to the keys (2 parents, 2 kids).
It's under 30 miles to Key West, but a lot less expensive than Key West. It's also under 10 miles from beautiful Bahia Honda beach. We saw an endangered Key Deer in the parking lot the first night.
The room had two comfortable beds, a full size fridge, and a microwave. It's clean. They provide a lot of plastic cups, but no coffee, so bring your own. The Cracked Egg cafe next door is great for breakfast. It's a great spot for the budget conscious in the Keys.

• Stayed: May 2012
7  Thank John T
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I stayed there a few nights while waiting to move into my new home on Little Torch Key. I found the hotel parking lot full of water. It had rained heavy for days. I was still able to park the truck and trailer. The 2nd floor room was fine. I saw no problems with the room. Everything worked just fine and the stay after a long drive was very relaxing. It isn't much to look at on the outside, but the interior was just fine for those who don't mind the 30 mile drive to Key West.

The Cracked Egg Restaurant good food-cheep (Their motto) I eaten there a number of times and have enjoyed the meals. They make a pretty good Eggs Benedict, with a variety of additions, like crab. I recommend the place. It ain't the Palace Grand, but it will work for those on a budget.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank GoneTropical
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We were on vacation in Fort Lauderdale and made a very last minute decision to go to Key West for 2 days and 1 night. We needed 4 rooms and just needed a place to sleep. We wanted something inexpensive given we would be getting to room about 12M and leaving in the morning about 8:00. The price was right and I checked here on TA for reviews and figured it would serve our needs. The bottom line I guess is we got what we paid for- $99/night in April! Pro's- beds were very clean, we saw no bugs, the AC and water worked and 3 out of the 4 rooms had a working TV. Con's- our room smelled like fried onions, literally! our faucet in the BR poured out hot water all night, all of the electrical outlet were either missing a cover or they were falling off- we were afraid to use them. We did have 1 nice size hole in the wall near our bed that appeared to go either into the other room or closet etc- not sure what that was about but the molding was missing on that wall so I think that was part of the issue. I will say we had the worst room out of the 4, The others did not have a smell. Again I will say, we went site unseen and given the price we knew we were not going to the Hyatt. However, I was a little surprised at the positive reviews from TA.Maybe the conditions of the rooms vary and we got the worst they offered. I am not hard to please and I do not stay in"high end" accomodations when I travel. But that I probably would not return to this motel. It was just a little too "icky" for me to feel comfortable. You know the feeling when you are just waiting for something to come crawling out from under the bed:) Next time we will just pay more and stay in better accom. The other pro was The Cracked Egg diner next door- really good and cheap breakfast! But we had a great time in Key West as always and even a bad motel to sleep in is still better than being home :)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank anga
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I guess if you are a pampered GEN X wussy that has to have your rear end still wiped by your mommy you might want to pass this hotel by. But if you are looking for a deal in the keys this is your place!! Clean rooms and super friendly staff !! Debbie the Head cleaning Lady is probally the best Ive ever encountered!! A+++++ Also the Dinner (on property) is one of the Best deals from Jacksonville to Key West !! with OUTSTANDING service, portions/quality and over all small town Baby Boomer charm for those that remember REAL DINNERS. you are only 30 miles to KW if you want to take in the Fun and crazy madness and still drive back here with a smile!! You are also very close to Marathon for great fishing too ! Also one of the best sandy beaches in the keys (Bahia Honda) !! So if you know what your doing down here... dont pass this Fabulous bargain by! Also leave your electronic hand held crap home and enjoy the keys like a real local !!! Jim

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple