“Locally owned, locals frequent, feel at home...”

Coconuts Bar & Liquor Store
Ranked #1 of 2 Nightlife in Big Pine Key
More attraction details
Owner description: Coconuts Bar & Liquor Store has been a local bar on Big Pine Key for over three decades. We have a full liquor bar & Liquor Store, professional regulation Brunswick pool tables, video games, dart boards, Foosball ,WI-FI and cold AC. If you've never been here before or your on your way to Key West, stop in and check us out! Thanks!-The Coconuts Family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The "NUT" as referred to by the staff and great locals is the place to go if you like to stay away from the runaround of large tourist filled places. Coconuts is owned by a few of the best folks in the Keys. They are genuine, local, friendly, and just know how to make you feel welcome.

Neither the locals who frequent the place at the end of the day or the staff will fall short on stories to tell, advise on things to enjoy, or their genuine invitation back. When I visit the 'Nut I am sad to leave and look forward to the next visit.

If you're looking for a quick stop in Big Pine and you like local haunts. This place won't disappoint.

1  Thank kyhokie
jcbsr1, Owner at Coconuts Bar & Liquor Store, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for the kind words. It means a lot to Meri-Lynn ,myself and the folks that help us at the NUT. When someone like yourself stops what they are doing. Takes time out of there day to write a review, A nice review. It just makes our day. I sure hope we get the chance to meet. I would like to thank you once more in person.
Without you and your support alone with our locals. There would be no NUT, no kidd'in. Have a blessed day ..Joe

Reviewed January 31, 2013

If you enjoy ice cold pitchers of beer with a good old "Boiler Maker" in a fun Bar with locals, you must stop. Liquor drinks and beer are available until 4:00 a.m. The prices are fantastically cheap! There is dancing, great music, good food, pool tables and plenty of friendly and interesting people from all walks of life. Patty,one of the bartenders is super, as is the entire staff. My friends and I had a blast and met many of the locals and learned a lot about the Keys.
Looking forward to going back again!
"Hats Off" to Joe & Meri Lynn for having a great team. I recently left my coat in the bar and went
home to Jacksonville, FL without it. I called the bar the next day and it was found and mailed to me within a few days. Coconuts Bar exceeded my expectations with great Customer Service
and attention to detail. Thank you Coconuts Bar Team! I highly recommend Coconuts Bar & Liquor Store on your next visit to Big Pine Key.

2  Thank jhart936
jcbsr1, Owner at Coconuts Bar & Liquor Store, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thanks for the kind words. The NUT has been Rocking you right..before there was a light. 30 years in March. The NUT will be having a party on March 10th, stop by and bring yor friends. I would like to thank you face to face. Taking time to write and post a review is much appreciaped my friend.
Coconuts...Rocking yor Right at the Light . Joe

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Coconuts is a local favorite. No where else can you get Miss Patty to serve you ice cold draft beer or a liquor drink of your choice. Smoking is allowed inside so if it bothers you, sit outside. The local flavor of this establishment is uncanny and you won't find a dive like this one with regulars to keep you company and prices that won't break the bank. A must see if you're in the Keys!

1  Thank sonofanderson
jcbsr1, Owner at Coconuts Bar & Liquor Store, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thanks for taking time to write a review . It's nice that you find the beer cold and the cost of local color well within the "cheap" range. We, at the "NUT", like to think of it as a lot of bang for the buck. Most of our customers are of the working class and keeping prices down is as important as keeping our rest rooms clean. Once again...thanks so much for taking time to write and post your review. Most of all thanks for putting us in the "must see when you're in the Keys" category... that's about a good as it gets! The "NUT" ..Joe

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Great place with true "Piners" the Owners grew up here and know all the local folklore,fish tales,wildlife and natives.Stop in and learn about the Keys from people who know where and what is really worth knowing.I grew up on Big Pine and went to school from 1st grade on in Marathon,we moved to Big Pine in 1962 just so you know im credible Ive gotten poopie faced with the best of them and anyone whos ever been to the keys knows how we drink and If I say a bar is good you can take it to the bank.....lmao.

jcbsr1, Manager at Coconuts Bar & Liquor Store, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you Hershel , It always great to hear from a Piner. Your review hit's the "NUT" right on bean. You having been on Pine Key for some many years have seen much change. You have also seen a bunch of bars come & go. The "NUT" could not have made it with out the locals. Thanks for the kind words& tak'in time to write them.You my friend have a blessed day and a very Merry Christmas

See more reviews
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is it. Old school, authentic Keys. Open 22 hrs a day, friendly staff, decent prices. Stay away from the tourist traps and make a visit to the "nut" for am authentic Keys landmark. You'll be glad you did.

1  Thank killerglass
jcbsr1, Owner at Coconuts Bar & Liquor Store, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Hey Debbie, thanks for taking time to write your kind review. The "NUT" has been here a very long time. We have gone from the stone age to Smart Phones and your review means a lot. Post like yours on TripAdvisor helps folks that are looking for a place to take a break on there trip to America's out Islands. The Florida Keys. Once again thanks for taking time to share your thoughts on the "NUT". Have a blessed day . Joe