“Dive with this company!”
Review of Innerspace Dive Center - CLOSED

Innerspace Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: I am sorry to announce that Innerspace Dive center will be closing on Aug. 31, 2014 Please check back for updates on finding a new building. Innerspace Dive Center is a Florida Keys Dive Shop that treats people the way we want to be treated when we go diving! We only operate six passenger dive and snorkel boats because we like the personalized service that you get on the smaller boats. When you are looking for a customized dive or snorkelling experience, call Innerspace Dive Center!
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Dive with this company!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Fantastic dive experience! This was the first time that a group of friends used this company. We dive the keys twice a year and were looking to dive the Adolphis Bush. Calling around to find a shop we found that Innerspace was the only shop that would do a double dip. We negotiated a price with the owner and took a chance on the company. They were very professional and attentive to our group. We all have over 150 dives and some of us with more. So we have dove with some terrible shops and some great shops, Innerspace is definately one of the better ones in the Keys.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank j_vogt9824

Wellfleet, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great diving, but very disappointed”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I took a trip to the keys in May 2012 and he decided to get scuba certified. He spent $500 on the online PADI course, and then did two days pool time and two days doing his open water dives with Mike as the instructor. I can't remember exactly how much it ended up costing overall, but he never received his dive certification card! I called the shop multiple times each month for about a year and they "tried" to resolve the issue, but never did. They then sold the shop and the new owners were unable to find any documentation at all stating that we had been there and he completed the coursework. Mike apparently couldn't remember us and refused to let me contact him with pictures from the trip. After spending all that money, they ever so kindly offered to let him re-take the course and pay for the instructor's time, again! Needless to say, we did not take that offer and we will never go back. It's too bad, because the diving itself was amazing!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Crystal Y
Maryland
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Good Choice for Small Group Snorkeling”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Innerspace's snorkeling trips cost more per person than those of some of the other local establishments, but if you can afford it, it's worth it. The extra money gets you more personalized service: there will be a maximum of 6 snorkelers on the boat, so there's no crowding, it's easy to talk to your captain, and he or she will have an easier time keeping an eye on everyone. Before we left, the friendly staff at the dive shop took some time to help me with a problem I was having with my mask. Free soft drinks are provided on the boat.

Innerspace's snorkeling tours visit the fantastic Looe Key (please see my separate review). Our captain, Bill, got us an ideal mooring spot and was very generous with our time in the water and also with his knowledge of where and how far out to go to see spot different kinds of marine life. He was also keeping a pretty good watch over us from the boat, which is no small thing considering we broke into 2 groups and headed in different directions. Many of the times I popped my head up to check my position relative to the boat, he seemed to be looking right at me.

My tip is to take the morning trip. There were a decent number of boats moored when we arrived around 9:00am, and by the time we left a couple of hours later it was so crowded boats were sharing moorings. We were supposed to have explored two spots, but given the "traffic" we as a group elected to stay where we were based on Captain Bill's experience and advice, and the prior experience of one of the other passengers–a conversation that probably wouldn't have happened in a large group.

Innerspace has a service I'd like to mention because, though I didn't need it, I thought it was a good one: Affordable camera rental for those who don't have a waterproof case or a submersible camera. If you're really interested in taking pictures, this option should give you better results (and many more photos) than those disposable underwater film cameras. You can rent an Intova underwater camera from Innerspace's dive shop for $20 to use during your trip to the reef. You can either bring your own mini-SD card to use in it, or buy one from them that comes with an SD-sized adapter for ~$20.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank flevine
Kearney, Nebraska
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Dive Experience”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had such a good time diving with these guys that we scheduled an extra trip with them. They took us to Looe Key and were very helpful and informative. It was apparent that they are very interested in their guests having a great experience, unlike some other operators that are only interested in collecting fees. We had 3 new divers and all felt the trip exceeded their expectations. Plan to return to Looe Key and will definitely dive with Innerspace again.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jim C
Colorado
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best Dive I've ever had !”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I went with John and Rick back on May 18 - swam with a HUGE HUGE grouper, saw abundant sea life: reef sharks, barracuda, eagle ray, turtle, SCHOOLs of big various fish, every kind of coral you can imagine, lion fish, fish of every color - just had a great time. The crew just goes out of their way to take care of you and ensure a super experience - just like diving with old friends. I highly recommend Innerspace and will definitely be back with the rest of the family and friends. Next time will hit the wreck ! Mike R.

Visited May 2013