“Fun Dives @ Underwater Music Festival”
Review of Innerspace Dive Center - CLOSED

Innerspace Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: I am sorry to announce that Innerspace Dive center will be closing on Aug. 31, 2014 Please check back for updates on finding a new building. Innerspace Dive Center is a Florida Keys Dive Shop that treats people the way we want to be treated when we go diving! We only operate six passenger dive and snorkel boats because we like the personalized service that you get on the smaller boats. When you are looking for a customized dive or snorkelling experience, call Innerspace Dive Center!
Cary, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun Dives @ Underwater Music Festival”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great little dive ship on Big Pine Key. Scott was quick to respond to my email inquiry, Trisha was great on the phone and in the shop. Scott, as our captain, did a great job of prepping us for the dives, but I think he was a little surprised at 4 foot seas! We were going to Looes Key for the underwater music festival, which we had never heard of but just happened to be there at the right time (it was fun and worth doing). Scott was quick to get us in the water and off the heaving boat, and he was quick to change our tanks out for us between dives. I would highly recommend this dive shop, much better than some of the other local places (diving since 1976).
Had a wounded warrior on board with us - Steven should be an inspiration to everyone. Paralyzed from waist down, recently certified Advanced Open Water, it was great to see him underwater gliding around. Cudos to his friend GB (who also acted as our dive master) and Scott for this trip.

Visited July 2012
diveInnerspace, Owner at Innerspace Dive Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thanks so much for the kind words. We are glad you enjoyed the festival, and you are right, Steven is an inspiration to all of us! We do everything we can to provide a safe and fun atmosphere! We are looking forward to diving with you again!

Easley
“A Pleasure”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Innerspace Dive Center did an exceptional job accommodating my Son's quest for his Advance Open Water and Nitrox Certifications. The personal service one receives from this family owned business is second to none. They cannot control the weather, the seas nor the visability but they do their best to help make your diving experience enjoyable and memorable. Many thanks to everyone at Innerspace for helping make my vacation a pleasure.

Visited July 2012
“Great diving”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Good diving, crew and others are very informative. This dive centers is one of the best I've been to. I highly recommend them and prices are great. There PADI instructors are also very well trained and fun to learn with, great experience with innerspace.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is the Place!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

After 30 plus years of diving, it was time to introduce the next generation (2 teenagers) to the joys of Keys diving. Trust me, this I is the place if you want to dive, dive safely, and hang with some folks who truly know and love diving. Scott personally guided us on a truly epic "Ultimate Vandy" three-tank dive on the Vandenberg (thanks to Cory for getting us up to speed on our Nitrox knowledge). The Innerspace III felt like it was our own private charter when the whole family (4 of us) hit Looe Key reef later in the week. Three trips daily gave us some much appreciated flexibility in planning our days. And after spreading some serious vacation bucks up and down the Keys, it was veery nice to get one diver free when we booked four! Icing on the cake was talking divin witha real live Mel Fisher treasure hunter (capt. Ryan) - too cool!

1 Thank 12StepSmitty
Washington DC, District of Columbia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Good diving, nice folks”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I did a two-tank morning dive at Looe Key with these guys and then a night dive on Looe the same day.

I picked them mainly because their reviews here and elsewhere were considerably better than the bigger operations nearby. I wasn't disappointed, so thank you crowdsourcing.

The basics: prices are in-line with competitors, and they were gracious enough to only charge me once for my rental gear for both the morning and night dives. BCD, regulator, weights, all excellent quality.

Ryan got us out to Looe in the morning well before any other dive boat, and we were rewarded with multiple shark sightings. Not nurses, either. Blacktips, one of my dive buddies said, including about an eight-footer who didn't hang around very long and a four-foot baby who checked us out for a while. Plus about a 250-pound Goliath grouper. My wife, who was snorkeling, felt welcome and enjoyed hanging out on the boat while we were underwater.

On the night dive, Ryan got us out right about sunset. My only minor complaint is that the dive light they loaned me wasn't very powerful; should've brought my own. Fortunately the other two guys in my group had floodlights, which helped out a lot when a shovel-nose shark showed up, hunting the reef.

Their boat is smaller than competitors', but there's no real downside to that in my opinion. No crowding, and our dive groups were just three people (note that May is kind of the offseason for the Keys). Great outfit.

Visited May 2012