“Wonderful tour”

Big Pine Kayak Adventures
Ranked #2 of 23 Tours in Big Pine Key
More attraction details
Owner description: Join Capt Bill Keogh and His eco-tour guides on an outdoor adventure of a life time in the Florida Keys. Bill is the author of "The Florida Keys Paddling Guide" and has been a professional photographer in the Keys for three decades. Using kayaks,paddlecraft and/or motorboats we explore the remote regions of the Key Deer and Great White Heron National Wildlife Refuge backcountry waters departing from our dock at the historic Old Wooden Bridge Fishing Camp.
Tampa, FL
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My two teenage kids and I went with Bill and his trusty canine mate Scupper on a great kayak tour through the mangroves thus morning. Very relaxing and fun. The trails through the mangroves were fun and sometimes tricky to navigate. Bill also took us out around the bay and pointed out tons of creatures in the water and the trees. I would highly recommend Big Pine Kayak Adventures. As an added bonus we saw tons of the tiny key deer on the way to and from the dock.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank kyoung123

Winnipeg, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Beautiful day on the water”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This was the first tour my friend and I did in The Keys during our five-day holiday. Although we stayed in Key West, we made the drive out to Big Pine / No Name Key for our kayak tour. Sarah our guide was wonderful and her passion and enthusiasm for the environment really came through. I really enjoyed our paddle through the mangroves; however, my friend and I both forgot the bring bug spray. Let's just say my friend counted roughly 12 bites on my right shoulder after our jaunt...really wish we brought the spray. Saw a good variety of fish and wildlife. Would have loved to have seen a shark, but going in mid afternoon, I realized it would be more difficult

All in all an awesome time!

Be sure to visit the "No Name Pub" after taking the tour - it was a fun, little eccentric place.

Visited June 2014
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great morning on the water!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife, three children (9, 12, 14) and I had an amazing kayak adventure with Sarah & Jay. We learned so much & saw so much. Our guides were both friendly & knowledgable about this special ecosystem. Our time inside the mangrove forest on No Name Key was the absolute best! We had a marvelous time and highly recommend it. Sarah also suggested we hit the No Name Pub for lunch & it was a blast. Thanks!

1 Thank Erinksmith
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Afternoon Tour”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We made a late call seeking an afternoon excursion and Bill took us on a 3hr tour in his Carolina Skiff; including an Eco Tour, swimming and snorkeling. If you're looking for a flexible and extremely knowledgable guide, he's it. Don't think there is a coral, sponge, fish, crab, turtle or bird that he can't identify. Very enjoyable and great picture opportunities.

Visited July 2014
Mukwonago, WI
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Friendly, people, nice launching site.”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Nice,friendly, helpful people at the marina. We purchased a copy of the self guided book "Florida Keys Paddling Guide". We launched right from the site and paddled through the mangroves staying relatively close to shore. It was our first trip paddling in the area, we have our own kayak, but it was good to become familiar with the water and have the guide book. Saw a Key deer and lots of water fowl and fish. It was a nice day!

Visited June 2014