“Beautiful carribean beach in the lower Florida Keys”

Bahia Honda State Park and Beach
$155.88*
and up
Full-Day Tour to Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters from Key West
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The beach at Bahia Honda State Park is one of the most beautiful I have ever visited -- a classic, gorgeous carribean beach. It is pretty special in the Keys, where a sandy beach that is deep enough for swimming fairly close to shore is not the norm. If you want to visit a beautiful sand beach in the Keys, this is where I'd recommend -- it is lovely! The entire park is lovely -- I'd recommend bringing your camera. You can also snorkel off the park beaches. The park runs a boat that can take you out to Looe Key for snorkeling (absolutely awesome!), and you can rent kayaks to snorkel around the gorgeous waters of the park. You can go out on part of the old bridge for a breathtaking view. We have camped at the park in the past and really enjoyed it (do bring bug repellant, though -- you are in the tropics!).

Write a ReviewReviews (3,435)

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stopped on our way to Key West to view the historic railroad bridge. It was amazing to see and the views from the bridge were unbelievable. It was one of the highlights of our vacation. Having read a book about Flagler and the building of the railroad from Miami to Key West made it even more enjoyable. This is a must see if you get the chance to go.

2  Thank dli1320
Reviewed November 19, 2012

That's what i was thinking when I saw how many people were there. I'm not a crowd person. We went there to do the reef snorkeling but the reef was invaded by jelly fish that sting... So no diving there.. Now for the bad.. You have to pay to get in. I think it was $8 for my wife and I. But if you leave the park and come back the same day, you have to pay again. Not use to that. I would recommend the reef snorkel place there though if you're on a budget like we were.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

If you drive to the Keys, Bahia Honda State Park is a stop you must include. For a small fee you can camp, boat or snorkel this is a great place to do any or all of these. This park has a very good beach and some of the best snorkeling that we found in the Keys. Some great sites of sunsets and the old railroad too.

1  Thank Cincy417
Reviewed November 16, 2012

we went there after spending a few hours at Sombrero beach. Sombrero is free and the snorkelling and sand quality seem pretty comparable to me. However this is a nice spot to just sit, relax, snorkel whatever.

Some great sunset views from the old bridge as well. There is some weed but it wasnt too bad, it wasnt an issue for us enjoying our time there as others seem to have found.