“Highly recommend Big Pine Key Boat Rentals - they're the Best!”

Big Pine Key Boat Rentals
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our boats are safe, clean and ready for whatever you'd like to do; snorkel, swim, lobster, fish, or just spend a relaxing day on the water! We also rent snorkel and fishing gear, so just call ahead in order to make sure that you have whatever gear you need to maximize the fun! If it's been a while since you've been on a boat, we can provide some refresher boat operation or, if you've never driven a boat before, with a little bit of notice we can find you a captain. Love fishing, but never fished in the ocean? We can match you up with expert fishing guides. We also rent kayaks and paddleboards. So, just let us know how you'd like to spend your time on the water, and we will do everything we can to make your time on a boat the highlight of your vacation!
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Over the past 3 years, we have rented boats from Big Pine Key Boat rentals multiple times and _highly_ recommend them. Maya and her staff are wonderful! The boats are well maintained and well equipped, Maya and her staff always give us great advice on the best places to boat in the area for what we’re looking for. They help us select the best boat for the conditions we’re going out in, and provide great equipment that make our boating safe, comfortable, and fun!!! They’ve helped prevent uncomfortable not-so-fun trips by advising us on days when the wind / sea states would make for an unpleasant trip – we greatly appreciate that – it means so much to have the great insight of locals! Their boats come with Garmin GPS units and they provide recreational charts and great advice that help keep us well oriented and help us safely navigate around the lower keys. Their boats start every time and run great which gives us the confidence to head out to Looe Key for Awesome snorkeling and diving! They have locations at both Big Pine Key and Summerland Key which make getting to the boat very convenient. They’re very responsive and accommodating, working with us for convenient pick up and drop off times. If you’re looking to rent a boat in the Lower Keys, we can’t recommend Big Pine Key Boat Rentals highly enough!!! Thank you Maya, and Travis, for another wonderful experience boating, snorkeling, and diving in the keys this year!!! We wouldn’t have seen some of the way cool sights (Goliath Groupers hanging out under our boat at Looe Key!) that we’ve been able to see and experience without your advice! Big Pine Key Boat Rentals is the BEST!!! :)

2  Thank riverspirits
There are newer reviews for Big Pine Key Boat Rentals

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Just called to get pricing and information about kayaks and paddleboards. The woman on the phone was so incredible rude. We asked about delivery and after asking how long we wanted them she was like, "Um no.... sorry I won't be able to do that because I'm sick." THEN DON'T ANSWER YOU PHONE. Then she tried telling me it was too windy even though I explained we are in a protected cove and our neighbors were doing it yesterday and she still was like "Um no.... that's because there was no wind yesterday." There's no wind today where we are, but she just didn't want our business. Just really rude and unhelpful. WOULD NOT CALL HER. I'm from Florida and I've kayaked and paddleboarded many times, but will ABSOLTUTELY NOT be calling her when I come to town. Disappointing that she was so rude and such a know it all.

5  Thank Kerrie H
Reviewed September 16, 2013

our horrible experience with this business started when we arrived at 8am at summerland key and no one was there. I called her and she said i didn't tell her what time i was picking up the boat when i reserved the boat for the full day and they open at 8am? Someone showed 30 minutes. Then apparently these boats stall at full throttle. So when i told her about the issue she yelled at me and said i should never put a boat in full throttle and if anything happened to the engine i would be responsible. Then i was suppose to meet the fuel truck at the dock around 5:30 to refuel the boat and see how much fuel i used but then she told me the truck "couldn't make it" and it would come the next day and would let me know how much fuel it used. She texted me the next day and told me i burned 36 gallons going 30miles round trip at the most. This lady gives the good people in the keys a bad name. I spoke to a couple locals who told me stories about a couple other people have similar issues with this lady. I rented a couple boats from a couple different places and have great experience but this business is terrible.

3  Thank crazycoconut86
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Big Pine Boat Rentals is a class A operation. We had a delightful experience from the professional check out to the check in and fueling at the end of a wonderful day. Boat ran perfect. Weather was perfect (thanks Maya). We snorkled, lobstered, and enjoyed the fantastic Wetstock 2013 at Picnic Island. We know what it takes to run a professional operation. We owned a boat rental business in the Virgin Islands for many years.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

With a trip to the Keys planned but our boat in several pieces, I was fortunate to find Big Pine Key Boat Rentals. Mia is the best. The personalized service we received was like a blast from the past and we were able to enjoy the Keys at its best during the start of lobster season. If we ever need to rent another boat, Big Pine Boat Rentals will be on speed dial. Thanks again Mia!!!